S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster

Old 07-06-2003, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KevinS2K
[B]Alexf20C-
Just wondering why I'm dumb.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by alexf20c

Sorry, but you're still dumb.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[B]Oh c'mon big mouth.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:30 AM

The 350Z does many things well, as others have pointed out, while the convertible version appears to have massaged away some of those attributes to the point where it can be argued it is nothing more than "SC430 light." It is a far cry from the S2000 but since it is the new convertible on the block it's only natural comparisons will arise...it makes for interesting copy and sells magazines. Afterall, isn't this what happened with the Honda when the hardtop Z finally arrived? Magazines (well, dumb asses at C&D anyway) were so horny to sell magazines they threw a hardtop on the S2000 to MAKE their coupe comparison more devisive...this creates talk at the water cooler and again...helps to sell magazines. The Nissan has more in common with the Audi TT and SLK than it does the racier and more track-inspired S2000. Why 350z owners are disappointed about the verbiage spoken with these recent S2000 comparison articles should come as no surprise...the car won on style points but lost out on fun to drive points. As enthusiasts, the latter is usually more important to our fragile egos. I suspect those who buy the Z convertible will enjoy their car as much as we do ours but there should be no shame in finishing second to a sportscar that, in most automobile circles, is considered to have the greatest four-cylinder engine ever produced in a production vehicle and certainly a two-seater that will go down as a landmark moment in sportscar history. The S2000, over time, will wear its reputation well and many years from now, will be one of those cars often mentioned in "the one that got away" talk with the guys.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're a simpering fool cursed to forever repeat your own mistakes.

The last time you started smack talking, you made all sorts of claims about things you thought I said - but when taken to task, you could never actually point out where the hell you thought you read it. And here we are again with you doing the same thing. Mind you, the only reason I'm even here is because you continue to smack talk about me - obviously you've developed some sort of fixation after the literary thrashing I gave you last year.

Maybe you're senile. Maybe you're just delusional. But whatever the root cause, the end result is - you're wrong.

Here's the thread where I first took you to school - you were the only one who didn't get it. I was awfully patient with you too. My words were quite clear, qualified and specific in that post. You made claims then that you couldn't back up and refused to quote a thread where you _thought_ you saw the "insults" against Nissan (oh great defender of Datsun pride), and you're doing it again now.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=86953

Your comments in this post indicate you still suffer from the same delusions (or lack of reading comprehension) that you did then. Where did I criticize Nissan for using the same engine in multiple cars? Hint: I didn't. In fact, I was the one who pointed out (in the linked thread) that many manufacturers did it. You suffer from a common disease of morons - you revise history in your own mind, and ignore the truth because it doesn't fit with your perceptions.

Read that thread pal and disprove anything I _wrote_. Hint: that means it actually has to be written.

No discussions about your normally aspirated Z32, or other irrelevant information - just disprove what I wrote.

Otherwise, you're spitting in the wind.

UL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHIRI
[B]

Actually, why don:t you help me find it (the first post) since I couldn:t find it.

But anyway, what:s the matter?
Old 07-07-2003, 10:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHIRI
[B]
Old 07-07-2003, 10:39 AM

I love watching SHIRI get abused by UL

....even though SHIRI does a better job of making himself look dumb than anyone else, UL comes in at a close 2nd
Old 07-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xpander4
[B]i've said it before....i'll say it one more time(probably alot more than one more time actually)

there is absolutely not a damn thing special about the 350Z.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:16 PM

Thank You Sir. The S2000 was my first new car. It was the Z or the S back in December. I chose the S based simply on quality and long term driving satisfaction. The Z was not mysterious, it was easy. Awesome everyday sports/GT car. I wanted a street legal race car which would further inspire my hunger for an educational sports car driving experience . I chose the S. I say they both are good at delivering on intended purpose, performance niche vehicles.

If you had to compete against Honda whilst revitalizing a dying automaker, would you choose to focus on the same niche?

First Post-
J

02' #9727 SSilver/Red
Born 9/02
Old 07-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Banned

Thanks for that.

It sure is sweet to read all that again, funny how speculation can be so terribly wrong sometimes

Quick Reply: Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster