S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster

Old 07-04-2003, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHIRI
[B]

You guys have fallen for any comparison that any magazine makes.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by carrrnuttt

That's nice. Go away then. Since you DON'T care so much about the S. Shit, even the GM, Ford drivers here give the car it's due praise. If the Z is SO superior, go to my350z pull up pics, and jag-off till your eye-balls fall out. The S owners couldn't care less...YOU couldn't care less (or so you say ), so GO AWAY.
Cry baby, cry
Old 07-04-2003, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Shiri, I heard you were talking shit again. You never managed to back up your smack talking in the past so what makes you think you can start up again now? I've got better things to do (hence the ignore list I put you on what, a year ago?), but since you appear to be descending towards the banning that needed no prescience to predict long ago, allow me to fan the flames and hurry you along.

Let's hear it fanboy, cause I'm betting you still haven't found a single word in a post to back up your claims. You misquote me, make false claims about me, all without any evidence. Bring on the facts boy, or get lost.

UL
Old 07-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[B]Hey Shiri, I heard you were talking shit again.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:23 PM

WTF? This freaking clown doesn't want to magazine race, but he'll "potential" race??? One is stronger?? Honda makes a nice 3.5 liter engine, it's in my Mini-van where it belongs!! Sounds mean, wanna race that?? It's "stronger" too!!!
This is a thread about the R&T Article. In it, they compare two convertibles. One, a 2 liter with a 9,000 RPM red line, 4 year old design. The other, a 3.5 liter new design.
The S2000 won every performance category. The Z won about half of the foo-foo subjective ratings. Over-all the S won.
The Z "Track edition" ran a little SLOWER than the Z convertible (in R&T). A 5.8 to 60 vs. 5.7 . "....the S needs to be in an ideal situation blah blah blah blah....." Not "ideal", just equal situations, like where it beat the Z at, silly!!! Same place, same time!!! Duh!!
The S holds it's own against all of the other roadsters: TT, Boxster S, Z3 & 4, Mercedes SLK, at a much lower price. The Z is a nice car too, it's all subjective.
Let's keep it stock vs. stock, mod vs. mod. Let's keep it real, not "potential" BS. Real vs. real, the Z LOSES. They had 4 years to beat the S, put a 75% larger engine in it, and still couldn't do it!!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,..........gotta love it!! And, the engine is in the G35, Altima, Maxima, Murano, ............. luxo sedans/coupes/SUV's where it belongs!!
I know the corealis effect makes water go down the drain ass-backwards in AU, but does it do the same to your logic??
BTW my Odysey has way more "potential" than your Z!!!
And, you can keep David Haselhoff!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:28 PM

Man, you're dumb.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:37 PM

Alexf20C-
Just wondering why I'm dumb.
Where was I wrong?
BTW- I agree 100% with you on officer down.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:45 PM

Old 07-04-2003, 07:53 PM

i've said it before....i'll say it one more time(probably alot more than one more time actually)

there is absolutely not a damn thing special about the 350Z. It doesn't do any one thing mind-bogglingly well....it just kind of does a lot of things "pretty good." It's luxurious enough to be considered "comfortable" to prissy and pretentious fools, but it is no where near a "luxury car." It has a high 13s 1/4 mi capability, but again nowhere near the top of the food chain. It has .87 g's of lateral grip, again this is fine and dandy and good enough for the street, but it is nothing special. The list goes on and on......the 350Z simply has no special points to it whatsoever, nor does it have a distinct purpose/personality in the world of cars.

It comes with traction control, and a slightly front loaded weight distribution. It's made to be docile and understeers near the limit so the everyday fool can feel like he's mario andretti even though traction control and a front weight bias are both helping him alot.

Nissan just wanted to make a car that's "pretty good" in a whole bunch of different categories so it could appeal to as many people as possible. As someone else said, it's a big money maker for them specially since they didn't have any sports cars for so long, but a true "special" sports car with a distinct personality it is NOT.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:56 PM

Oh c'mon big mouth. Back your (weak) smack talking up. You still haven't disproven anything I actually wrote (as opposed to what your addled mind might have _thought_ I wrote), which in my books means you're in no position to make any new claims.

But why don't you start here - find my post where I said what sort of gains I thought a VQ35 in the Z would see with basic bolt-ons.

Then you might comment on why the SOHC, intake only VTEC, 3.0 liter J30A4 in the $22k-$25k Accord is putting down only 20 hp less (on the dyno) than the DOHC, VVT, 3.5 liter sports car motor in the Z...

I've decided you're special, I'm going to allocate 5 minutes a day just to smack you around, although its probably 4 minutes more than I'll need - and I'm a slow typist.

UL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHIRI
[B]

Hi UL,

Nice to hear that you are out of fraggle rock again, what did they teach you this time?

Man, I gotta read our conversation again.

Quick Reply: Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster