S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster

Old 07-03-2003, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by alexf20c

Your daddy should've used a condom.

hahahaha
Old 07-04-2003, 01:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by brushman

Sorry SHIRI... the Convertible Z is a FAT PIG designed to sell more cars for NISSAN.

This would be a GREAT convertible if it went on a 600 lbs DIET.
And the S is a GAYS' DELIGHT designed not for the straight line or power but for the twisties (which hardly anyone gives a damn).

S would be a GREAT convertible if it had POWER, otherwise Z will always own it.

End of story.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHIRI
[B]

And the S is a GAYS' DELIGHT designed not for the straight line or power but for the twisties (which hardly anyone gives a damn).

Old 07-04-2003, 04:36 AM

And the S is a GAYS' DELIGHT designed not for the straight line or power but for the twisties

I don't think you're going to make any friends here with silly comments like that.

Though, answer me this - if the S2000 is so slow in terms of acceleration and has so little power, how come it had the 350Z beat (no matter how marginal that is) in terms of acceleration in this test? According to you that must make the 350Z even more of a "gay's delight" as it's slower in the straighline as well as through the twisties (in this particular article).

Please provide an answer as I'm curious how this works.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by DavidM
And the S is a GAYS' DELIGHT designed not for the straight line or power but for the twisties

I don't think you're going to make any friends here with silly comments like that.

Though, answer me this - if the S2000 is so slow in terms of acceleration and has so little power, how come it had the 350Z beat (no matter how marginal that is) in terms of acceleration in this test? According to you that must make the 350Z even more of a "gay's delight" as it's slower in the straighline as well as through the twisties (in this particular article).

Please provide an answer as I'm curious how this works.
David,

Why don't you debate the poster's dumbass post about the Z as being a fat pig and all.

I didn't start the fire.

PS. Are you magazine racing? Read only the good things, and dispute all the shitty things said about the S. Insecurity....
Old 07-04-2003, 05:10 AM

Why don't you debate the poster's dumbass post about the Z as being a fat pig and all.

I don't agree with the poster's choice of words, but the 350Z is not a light car ... in particualar the convertible. Not claiming that this 'discounts it as a sportscar', just that it's not as light as some might like.

PS. Are you magazine racing? Read only the good things, and dispute all the shitty things said about the S. Insecurity....

Well this thread is called "Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster" so yes, I am refering directly to this article. I thought that is what is being discussed in this one particular thread.

And I did read the article and even though the S2000 won, the 'writers' prefered the 350Z-convertible for several reasons ... neither one of them was S2000's 'lack of power or acceleration'. You were saying that the S2000 has 'no power and acceleration' so that is all that I was refering to ... nothing else, nothing more. If you were pointing out one of S2000's flaws then I'd probably actually agree with you ... but 'power' and 'acceleration' are not one of them.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHIRI
[B]

Old 07-04-2003, 08:06 AM

S2Ki needs a forum specifically for bickering about the S2000 and 350Z.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by SHIRI

The Z is not a GT, we have a Skyline for that.

The Convertible Z is a sports car designed more for leisure (ie. for the very vain people who needs people to see their face, hair etc like the S drivers).
I'm sorry, it's a bit off-topic, but there is a guy in my other forum that sounds exactly like SHIRI, except he spouts-off about Mustangs, instead.

I said something in the forums about how he takes creative license when talking about Mustangs, as SHIRI does with Z's.

He asked me to show when he lied about anything, and I responded with this:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by carrrnuttt
[B]

When I say you take "creative license", I am not intending to say that you lied about anything.

Think of this:

Imagine Romeo having to describe Juliet's physical features and then a doctor having to do the same.

It would be understandable that Romeo's description, though true, would probably be embellished, and tinged with just little bit of exaggeration. (i.e., "Her skin is smoother than priceless velvet"). The doctor, on the other hand, would more than likely describe her in clinical terms.

You seem to have such an extreme bias towards Mustangs, that I would not know where the scientific truth ends, and the embellishment begins, when it is you that talks about the car.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DavidM

I don't agree with the poster's choice of words, but the 350Z is not a light car ... in particualar the convertible. Not claiming that this 'discounts it as a sportscar', just that it's not as light as some might like.

Well this thread is called "Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster" so yes, I am refering directly to this article. I thought that is what is being discussed in this one particular thread.

And I did read the article and even though the S2000 won, the 'writers' prefered the 350Z-convertible for several reasons ... neither one of them was S2000's 'lack of power or acceleration'. You were saying that the S2000 has 'no power and acceleration' so that is all that I was refering to ... nothing else, nothing more. If you were pointing out one of S2000's flaws then I'd probably actually agree with you ... but 'power' and 'acceleration' are not one of them.
You guys have fallen for any comparison that any magazine makes. You cannot compare the S to the Z, they are different cars (with one of them stronger and has more potentials than the other), you should know better.

The Z came out as a coupe and has exceeded everyone's expectations. Don't believe me? Ask anyone at my350Z. Talk about drag times, upgrades, track racing etc etc. I said from the beginning that the VQ engine is one of the best, with huge potentials for upgrades. Ask UL for that, or is he still hiding under a rock in denial/embarrassment?

Who is going to track their convertible? Hardly anybody as Nissan convertibles have never been known for their performance. Not even Best Motoring will use a convertible Z over the coupe. Its a leisure sports car with greater emphasis for the showqueens than anything else. Of course somebody is going to add the TT kit or whatever, but adding too much power for a large convertible is not always a good thing (but can be done).

S is a convertible by default, but it was tested as a hardtop in the past (remember the bickering you guys had over it when it was compared to the Z and among other cars and came out what LAST?). I've just seen the interior of the S and it was so basic and limited. Not only that, but the dashboard is an exact copy of the Toyota Sprinter Trueno. Truely the S was designed with lightweight in mind and at a stupidly high price.

When it comes to racing, the S has to be in an ideal situation to get the most out of it. That's not racing, that's called racing for the handicap. If the S is so fast and strong, why don't you enter it into a rally or an endurance race? Why? Because it wasn't design for that? What the hell was it designed for then? Twisties? Right I'll go eat my twisties now

Quick Reply: Road&Track s2000 vs 350z roadster