S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ran into a few nice cars today on the way home...

Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran into a few nice cars today on the way home...

Hey guys, I usually don't post in here much since I don't race much, but today was pretty fun on my way home I ran into a few nice cars on the road. First I was stopped at a red light in the left lane when I had an '06 STi coming up in the right lane that was clear as the light turned green and he floored first gear past me with a PSSSSSHHHT loud BOV sounding off as he shifted to 2nd so I thought I would give him a run for his money since these cars use to pick on me a lot when I was stock. I caught up to him and gave him a thumbs up and told him that he had a nice car and then gave my car a little bit of gas so that you could hear my turbo spool up, and asked him if he wanted to run, but he said that he put 87 in his car. He had his friend in the car so maybe he thought he would lose, who knows.

About two lights down after I ran into the STi, a kid in a silver R32 gets next to me at the next light, rolls his window down and says "nice car, but too bad that car is a little bit of a pig, huh?" I'm not sure if this guy was retarded or what, but I just told him "yeah, its kind of a pig." He then floors his car when the light changes and I took off a second later to see if I could play catch up, and by the end of 2nd gear I was even with him, and from the shift to 3rd I was placing cars on him like he was in a civic. As this is happening there was an E46 M3 drying to hang with us, and at the next stop light he was in the lane next to me. He asked me what I had done to my car as it seemed quicker than other s2000's so I told him that I had an intake and exhaust. The M3 then takes off from the light so I kept my car in 1st gear and he then floored it so I did the punched my car in first, hit 2nd gear, and by the end of 2nd I was able to cut him off, which kind of suprised me because my car doesn't pull really hard until 3rd, but I was very happy with the results.

So, it was a fun ride home with a few cool cars. I usually don't street race much, but within about 5 miles I ran into three cars that all underestimated the little S2K that could.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:57 PM

Nice runs
Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by WtbS2k,Aug 21 2006, 10:57 PM
Nice runs
How is your install coming along? You must be getting excited to get your car back on the road soon. The first time you floor the car after you get it tuned is soooo much fun. I almost crapped my pants.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Aug 21 2006, 09:05 PM
How is your install coming along? You must be getting excited to get your car back on the road soon. The first time you floor the car after you get it tuned is soooo much fun. I almost crapped my pants.
Well, just dropped off the car today to my installer. i am also getting a 3mm inline gasket installed, so it may take a little longer. It should be ready and tuned by friday, hopefully.
then i can go pimping around during the weekend, can't wait . i will put on a few extra under wear on that day, just incase.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:24 PM

^ ... I am so mad that I didn't install a 2mm HG the first time around, but I'll get that put in soon enough, I just need to find some time. It just seems like such a headache, but it will be worth it. Definitely keep me posted on your #'s... it should be a beast!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:40 PM

nice kills.........87 oct in the STi, what a moron.......
Old 08-21-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Aug 21 2006, 09:24 PM
^ ... I am so mad that I didn't install a 2mm HG the first time around, but I'll get that put in soon enough, I just need to find some time. It just seems like such a headache, but it will be worth it. Definitely keep me posted on your #'s... it should be a beast!
Definately!
I also ordered a amuse r1 front just like you.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by WtbS2k,Aug 21 2006, 11:48 PM
Definately!
I also ordered a amuse r1 front just like you.
Alright, now i'm going to have to draw the line. Either that or i'll have to charge you for inspiration... the look of my car is copyrighted, your treading on thin ice for a lawsuit now.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Aug 21 2006, 07:46 PM
He asked me what I had done to my car as it seemed quicker than other s2000's so I told him that I had an intake and exhaust.
now that's just not nice.

nice kills mate
Old 08-22-2006, 04:07 AM

I told him that I had an intake and exhaust

Quick Reply: Ran into a few nice cars today on the way home...