S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Pulled on a 2008 VW GTI DSG

Old 09-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewey,Sep 29 2008, 06:47 PM
yea i caught one with stage 2 or apr whatever forgot with fmic, meth, blah blah and he beat me by at most 2 cars... with when i had a reflash i was dead even depending on what mph roll we did.. but overall right now with all my mods, i can take a gti stage 2 with the goodies, ill run the same guy again this time i have 4.44 gears (only change) and he has a stage 3 clutch..

also he never wants to do a Dig run cause he goes i want the advantage at all times cause of his fwd spinning tires.... which i mean if you know how to launch you shouldnt have a problem wiht good tires
LOL It all makes sense now!!!

That is Ryskii, don't take anything about him seriously. He is a ****ing joke at golfmkv.com, a liar, and a terrible driver. From what I heard and saw, you can't drive either. You're the guy who couldn't seem to get into the right gear before the race, and "forgot to shift" right? I've seen the videos and you both suck, sorry.

That car/driver you raced, would get waxed by people with the same mods as me.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by blessed,Sep 29 2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah but with near 300ft.lbs. to the front wheels, and no LSD to top it off. You try pulling under a 2.1 60-ft. I'm sure with DR's or slicks it can be done. Just very difficult.
You can cut 2.0's bone stock down to the tire. Even chipped, I know a guy cutting 2.0 consistently. And this is on kumho SPT's, worse than stock rubber.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 PM

lol i know huh that was only once its ok we all make mistakes oHH weee lol i cant drive? haha sure sure if you say so but yea he is pretty damn bad
Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

let's not turn this thread into a flame fest...

anyways had a red mkV blow off his BOV at me tonight, too bad i had too many cars in front of me
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 PM

for sure
Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by sloMKV,Sep 29 2008, 11:06 PM
You can cut 2.0's bone stock down to the tire. Even chipped, I know a guy cutting 2.0 consistently. And this is on kumho SPT's, worse than stock rubber.

Whatever slo. That video you posted is my friends video. Those are my friends. Thats an apr stage 2 GTI that is completely gutted running with methanol. I bet you didn't know that part... Thats also my boys S2000, which just has a short ram intake and a test pipe. And he doesn't get "walked"... They run all the time, and it's a pretty even run when the apr car runs with meth. Without meth, that same S2K, with ONLY I/TP, pulls a good car and a 1/2 - 2 cars on that gutted GTI. My boy made that video so that GTI could have a little bragging rights video over my buddy james for shits. That S2000 has beaten that GTI probably 20 times to the 3 or 4 the GTI has won. Thanks for helping me make my point.

Bro, you can quote Vortex fastest 1/4 mile times all you like. I happen to work for USP and work on these cars everyday. I see this street use like the back of my hand. We specialize in APR, but I'm very familiar with what GIAC, Revo, and Unitronic are doing. We have much faster VW's to worry about. These stock turbo, full bolt-on, meth or not MKV's are topping out ~ 13.5 with slicks and all. On slicks we're getting 1.9 and 2.0 60ft's. Stock tires on a stage 2 car you're talking 1 in a million pulling 2.0 60ft. I don't know why you're trying to teach me something I already know plenty about. Saying a basic stage 2 gti will flirt with these numbers is the exception, and not something your basic stage 2 GTI will even come close to achieve. In case you aren't familiar, the ko3 don't have much more room for improvement. Mid 13's is about the best your gonna see. And dropping the $5,000 for 25 hp going with the ko4 is gonna get you what?

We have 2 APR stage 3 cars pushing 400 wheel hp still on stock rods. And one gt3071r DSG MKV looking to set some mph records as far as DSG tranny's go.

But outside the little vortex and golfmkv car forum bubble, in the real world where 75% of these cars are being pushed by 17 year old high school kids, buying my chips with their allowance money, unless DSG, your not seeing a mid 13 second ET out of a stage 2 car, and/or you're not seeing 95% of stage 1 GTI's (chip and intake only) in the high 13's. You're wishfully thinking. I would love to say they are, believe me more then anyone. For business. But 250whp/300ft.lbs will net you a high 13 second 1/4 mile, with a gangster ass driver. Most basic stage 2 GTI's will dyno high 237-243 whp and 270-285 wtq. Our fastest 282/311 FP/meth only managed a 105.2 and 104.* trap speeds at one of the faster tracks in the country. In a fully gutted MK5.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=blessed,Sep 29 2008, 11:25 PM]
Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 AM

I have to agree with the poster, just the other day I ran a GTI 2.0 turbo from a stop and had 3+ cars by 60MPH. We then let off and lined up for a 60MPH roll, he jumped the gun and got a car ahead of me but by 80MPH I had caught up and was pulling past him pretty good. I pulled an additional car on him before I let off. I gave the driver a thumbs up and he gave it back so he seemed cool. I didn't bother posting because I figured this was an expected outcome, that has been my experience anyway. I wouldn't call the GTI slow, I actually really like those cars but it isn't as fast as an S2k. Stock for stock I would say it's very equal to an RSX-S.

The R32 seems like more of an equal race for an S2k. I've only run 2 R32s. Both were form 0-90MPH, I had a car+ each time. On the street I think a 0-90MPH run ending with either car 1-2 cars ahead is pretty close. It doesn't take much to fall back such a small amount, an early or late shift, etc...

As I said though, I have much respect for the GTI and the R32. I have owned 2 GTIs and I loved them. That car was one of the very few affordable compact sports out back in the day.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:17 AM

They sure think highly of themselves there

One guy has this next to a quote saying VW vs Honda
Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Whatever slo. That video you posted is my friends video. Those are my friends. Thats an apr stage 2 GTI that is completely gutted running with methanol. I bet you didn't know that part... Thats also my boys S2000, which just has a short ram intake and a test pipe. And he doesn't get "walked"... They run all the time, and it's a pretty even run when the apr car runs with meth. Without meth, that same S2K, with ONLY I/TP, pulls a good car and a 1/2 - 2 cars on that gutted GTI. My boy made that video so that GTI could have a little bragging rights video over my buddy james for shits. That S2000 has beaten that GTI probably 20 times to the 3 or 4 the GTI has won. Thanks for helping me make my point.

[B]Your boys been on the mkv board for a while, I

Quick Reply: Pulled on a 2008 VW GTI DSG