S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Prick Cops?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4play,Jul 29 2010, 03:04 PM
You must not live in Ohio.

The State Supreme Court upheld a ticket on just the observation of the police office that the car was speeding. It is now legal in Ohio for a cop to pull you over and give you a ticket because he thinks you are going over the speed limit. He doesn't need any prof that you actually were going over the speed limit.
Nope. Texas. If the information is accurate, you apparently no longer live in the United States. That is past crazy. If he can charge you for speeding just because it looked like you were going too fast, maybe you can charge him with assault because it looked to you like he was beating the hell out of you.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:47 AM

I would come back at the cop with damages to personal property and assault because the minimum requirement by law for assault is to feel threatened or in danger. And also file a report against that officer and see if you can't do us all a favor and get him off the streets.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Filed a report today, funny thing, my grandmother went to high school with the chief of police for our town, but the cop is state, but i still may be able to at least get him in trouble... i attached a picture of my door, and 3 signed documents entailing my other friends/relatives experiences with the officer... so we'll see how it goes...
Old 08-07-2010, 11:52 PM

I recently found out I am being deployed, and so i took a cruise to cool off, apparently school was just getting out and im like ok a little traffic (forgetting that theres a elementary school right next to my college) when i get pulled over about a mile and a half outside of the school zone which was 30 mph. I was going 25 due to all the traffic, and the regular speed in that area was 45. I got pulled over a mile and a half later, the cop saying i was doing a 45 in a 30 school zone....i agreed with everything and went to court and got the ticket dropped :/ but i guess economy is so bad that cops are trying to lie to everyone to get people to just fork money over lol. oh and get this i bet you he pulled me over cuz im a 20 yr old in a convertible and thought he could handle me. i dont think so.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM

im an 18 year old in a convertible lol... everywhere i go people stare, and i get crap from people all the time... shrug? i just ignore it mostly.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Yea man, I know what yer saying. Some people act like they never seen a s2k on my side of the city. On the way home from some errands it started to rain, and always have my top down, it was pouring rain and i just drove about 75 and right through it. Some lady in a Bmw drove past me and looked at me and shook her head, i just smiled lol, it was classic slow motion style.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 PM

Come to philadelphia people, we have the highest murder rate in the country and cops pull me over weekly. My last ticket was for crossing over a lane when the road had no painted lines. Yes you heard that right, I got a ticket for an improper pass on a road with no lines. I take pictures of the road, the fact that there are no lines even include land marks bring my whole presentation into court and then the judge up holds the ticket. His reasoning is even if there weren't lines I should know better and if there weren't lines there it didn't matter because i couldn't prove where the pictures were taken from. The street sign included in the pictures wasn't enough evidence "I could have stolen the sign moved it there and take the picture" thats an exact quote.

I fought the law and the law won
Old 08-08-2010, 07:18 PM

Wow....I was actually in Philly a couple weeks ago well outside of philly @ ft. dix doing some training. on the way back to the airport we stopped at the famous Philly cheese steak place..saw some money floating around but thats about it.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is the USA man.... pay to live n play.. lolzz
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM

by LEO i assume law enforcement officer?

Quick Reply: Prick Cops?