S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Prick Cops?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The group you are referring to aren't cops they are PIGS. I hate pigs too... NEVER EVER there when I need them, but they never fail to hassle the shit out of you on ur good day & their bad day. Now you know why some pigs end up staring at a tip of a gun barrel.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate pigs too man.

I think most d*ck cops just let the power of the badge get to their head and they think

they can get away with things like this.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 PM

You're lucky you only got a warning for those things. Listen to this story:

I share a red 8th gen civic coupe with my sister. It's registered in my dad's name and entirely stock. On my way home around ~7:30pm I pull off a highway onto a smaller local main road. The speed limit drops from 65 to 45 and there is a yield sign at the merge. I coast up the ramp and am going about 35 when I get on this road. Although I had plenty of space, I notice a car in the right lane first when merging, then in my rear view mirror catching up really fast. This car was passing everyone in the left lane, and had to be going at least 55. Being a mostly defensive driver, I speed up to 49 and look to get over into the left lane to avoid what I think is a crazy new driver. I must have been wrong about how fast this car was going because it immediately caught up to me. I quickly realized it was a state trooper, and he was riding my rear bumper way closer than is safe. I take a moment to look to the left lane and switch over now that I have a gap thinking I'm letting him go to an emergency or something. He follows me without using a directional rather aggressively and turns his lights on. I pull over onto the shoulder having never been stopped before.

This cop walks up to the car and never says what he had me going at, but rather that I was "going rather fast". I give a cursory explanation and say I was trying to be safe, so he tries to get me to admit I was speeding by asking things like "in a rush today, huh?". Keep in mind he never had a chance to accurately pace me because he spent very little time at my speed. Here's the important part.

First, I give him two PBA cards. If you're not familiar with them, you get them from knowing/being related to a cop. Usually they get you out of a speeding ticket or similar because cops don't like to ticket their own. I had one both for my state and county, which was the county I was in. I got them from my neighbor who is a retired police chief and on the board etc etc in my county. They're fairly powerful as far as knowing someone goes in this area. I hand both to the cop before things go any further.

Then, the officer asks for my license/registration. My dad, being paranoid, keeps this in the trunk. I ask for permission to get it, knowing if the officer feels unsafe with my getting out of the car, procedure calls for him to do it himself or request backup. He got fairly friendly after the PBA cards, so I didn't give it a second thought when he told me not to worry about it. He takes a walk around the car, then goes back to his patrol car.

When he comes back, he has papers in his hands! He gave me a speed warning, which is bad enough alone because it stays in my state's records for 1 year, meaning I'll get a ticket if I ever get pulled over again. But worse - get this - he claims he's giving me a real deal, and is only ticketing me for FAILURE TO PRESENT REGISTRATION! I tried to protest that he specifically told me not to give it to him, but he just ignored me and kept talking, told me to have a nice day, and left. Of course he also kept both of my valuable PBA cards, which are usually given back unless you're "trading" them for not getting a ticket.

Of course you're probably thinking I should fight this, and I did. I waited 4 hours on a weekday in court to go up to the judge and say nothing. I just had to hand him my registration and the ticket was gone. The kicker? I still had to pay a $44 court fee.

Sorry for the long post, but I didn't want anything to be misunderstood. I'm not really sure how I'm going to handle things once I get an S if this is how the police act. I always drive for gas mileage (again, Civic), so usually that means going about 68 in a 65, and I still get pulled over and ticketed. I can only imagine how cops treat you guys.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 AM

^ I'm not sure why you're complaining.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by unethikl,Jul 31 2010, 06:53 AM
^ I'm not sure why you're complaining.
I won't deny getting off with a warning and a court fee isn't so bad, but I still find it ridiculous that I was pulled over and had to spend 4 hours of my day in court for driving safely. I asked the neighbor I mention in the story if a cop is even allowed to ticket you for something like that. Kinda similar to Importedpower's story, if a cop wants to get you for something and can't/has nothing, he told me they'll warn or ticket you for documents. My complaint isn't with the end result of my story, but rather that a cop can pick and choose who he wants to pull over and pin them with things mentioned in this thread, like estimating their speed, just because he feels like it.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:36 PM

agreed.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by spike109u,Jul 31 2010, 12:09 PM
I won't deny getting off with a warning and a court fee isn't so bad, but I still find it ridiculous that I was pulled over and had to spend 4 hours of my day in court for driving safely. I asked the neighbor I mention in the story if a cop is even allowed to ticket you for something like that. Kinda similar to Importedpower's story, if a cop wants to get you for something and can't/has nothing, he told me they'll warn or ticket you for documents. My complaint isn't with the end result of my story, but rather that a cop can pick and choose who he wants to pull over and pin them with things mentioned in this thread, like estimating their speed, just because he feels like it.
When stuff like this happens,just ask him if he cant do you a courtesy and let you go.Even if its not your fault at all,he wont feel like a jackass for pulling you over for nothing.He only gave you the ticket and warning because he felt like an idiot for pulling you over.Just make him feel like a big dog and youll do fine.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:22 PM

UPDATE:
After a few phone calls around, turns out my dad got pulled by the same guy a couple weeks back. Some one stole the stickers off of his license plate, and the cop pulled him. My dad then presented him with proof of insurance, registration, and receipts he always has in his glove box. The officer told him it was up to the court to decide if he had to pay the ticket, and even though he had proof in his hand, he had to take a day off of work and go sit at traffic court. The judge simply said that the officer should have let him go with no trouble, and sent my dad home with no fee.

So i figured id give the guy a call, its a small town, found out he lives a few miles down (short distance considering my neighbors aren't within walking range at all.) and i simply asked him about adding the miles to my ticket, and the fact there was another car. he told me he didnt give a damn, he "Clocked an automobile going in excess of 80 in a 70 mph zone, and he ticketed it" then told me to take it up with the judge and hung up on me.

So basicaly, he is just a prick, and he lives in a double wide on his parent property, (no offense i grew up in a trailer park before my dad got his job), and his wife left him... apparently he just hates everyone... shrug, court here i come, with pictures of my car door where he scratched it.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Wow,Keep updating!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 AM

As an extra note, one of my friends, Sean, Who drives an Acura Integra (actualy looks very good), was pulled and given two tickets by this officer, Car too low, and illegal exhaust. I didnt even know you could get a car too low ticket? and he welded his own exhaust... so figures he'd get a ticket on that one... seems like the guy only pulls over nice cars. and i left out in the previous message my dad drives a red mercedes slk230 roadster... im seeing a pattern

Quick Reply: Prick Cops?