S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Prick Cops?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Prick Cops?

i was coming up i26 and i got about a mile from my exit, i was doing 76 in a 70, and i saw a cop up on my right as i switched into the right lane, some little van flew past me doing roughly 85ish. so i figured hah ive passed em doing 80 and they dont do anything, so i just let my car coast down as i neared the ramp and i see lights in my rear view mirror. i figure he is going for the van right? nope. he pulled me. i was literaly at the start of my on ramp. so i waited. he got out, walked around my car 3 times checking my tire wells, my exhaust (which is a skunk2, but there is no noise ordinance on interstate, and i have my emissions slips), he then came to my passenger window and hit the side of my car with his flashlight to get my attention, that really pissed me off. so he then informs me he clocked me going 83, and that he needed my license, registration, insurance info, and asked if i had anything illegal under my hood. i said no, and he smirked and walked off. he sat in his car for almost 20 minutes, came back with 3 tickets. a "warning" for my exhaust, which i then showed him my slips and he said he didnt care he hadnt written a ticket and it didnt matter, then he handed me one for my insurance card, which apparently was "outdated" but the stack i handed him had the new one right under it. i showed him that, again he told me he didnt care, it was only a warning. then he hands me the ticket, and told me that "he let me off easy and wrote it down as 79" even though thats still 2mph faster than id gone in the past 30 minutes. then he walked off to his car and tore past me before i could even roll out. what the hell is the deal with cops?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the economy as bad as it is, I suppose cops are trying to earn their respective cities as much money as possible even if it means handing people bullshit tickets and fines.
I mean, it's still no excuse for being a dickhead, but usually cops get away with crap like that.
Are you going to fight the ticket?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 AM

the other day i was driving my dads pick up truck up near lake George and the speed limit is 65 so i was going about 70 and im the only one for a half mile or so and i see a cop car ahead and coasted a little and then i see him turn his lights on and pulls me over. he asked for my license ect. and i asked him what the problem was and he said i was going 85. i was like really i thought i was going about 70, can i see the radar if you clocked me going 85. he hesitated for a second and said no. he went back to his car and came back with a ticket that said it was made by observation and that the radar was back up so he didnt clock me at all and hopefully i can get it dropped
Old 07-29-2010, 08:51 AM

im going to read up a bit more, but every question i asked he snapped back at me like i was wasting his time. id love to fight it, and i plan to, he said he clocked my via radar, but there was another car that passed me, and i even said that and he ignored me. I was speeding, i admit that, and id pay the 77mph ticket, but just the fact he was a prick, and told me he clocked me at 83 and hit my car with his light really pissed me off. NO ONE touches my car except me and my girlfriend, then he was leaning on my top and side while he talked... im very touchy with my car
Old 07-29-2010, 08:55 AM

i broke the law and a cop gave me a ticket

you're lucky he didn't hit you with his flashlight - he tapped the window big deal-

unless it was raining, your windows should have been down when he walked up to your car and maybe you shouldn't have given him a "STACK" of outdated insuance cards but rather the one that's up to date
Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 AM

Nobody is whining about breaking the law and getting a ticket.

But what they are whining about is:

A cop doing a few things...

1.) lying about how fast you were going
2.) not caring when you show him your up to date insurance card
3.) giving tickets for items that are not illegal.

So you're telling me if you were speeding, doing 75 in a 70, and he pulled you over and said you were doing 90 so he's giving you reckless AND a speeding ticket, you'd just let him put it in your butt?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 AM

you'd be singing a different tune if it was you mate, how bout the next time you get pulled over a cop acts like that for you, and my window was down. apparently you wouldnt mind a cop slapped a few extra mph on the ticket to make some more cash off your wallet?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM

1) he said he was speeding
2) showed it to the officer AFTER handing him a stack of outdated cards
3) what tickets did he get for not illegal items? he got warnings

no i would take it to court and dispute the ticket

THE OP said he was speeding
Old 07-29-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Importedpower,Jul 29 2010, 01:09 PM
you'd be singing a different tune if it was you mate, how bout the next time you get pulled over a cop acts like that for you, and my window was down. apparently you wouldnt mind a cop slapped a few extra mph on the ticket to make some more cash off your wallet?
do you not have a right to challenge the ticket in your state?

you also mention that you have an exhaust ("which is a skunk2, however there is no noise orafance on the interstate") -

i assume there are noise ordinances on other roads in your state -

do you remove the exhaust when you get off the highway

there are "prick officers" but there are decent ones as well and 99% of the time if you treat any officer with respect they will return the same

you have a very loud, fast looking sports car - you were speeding - you got caught..
Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by hybridcmk,Jul 29 2010, 10:43 AM
the other day i was driving my dads pick up truck up near lake George and the speed limit is 65 so i was going about 70 and im the only one for a half mile or so and i see a cop car ahead and coasted a little and then i see him turn his lights on and pulls me over. he asked for my license ect. and i asked him what the problem was and he said i was going 85. i was like really i thought i was going about 70, can i see the radar if you clocked me going 85. he hesitated for a second and said no. he went back to his car and came back with a ticket that said it was made by observation and that the radar was back up so he didnt clock me at all and hopefully i can get it dropped
Get a lawyer. You won't have any trouble beating this one. There are procedures for clocking speed manually and it sounds like he didn't follow any of them. "Looked to me like he was going 85" doesn't get it done.

Quick Reply: Prick Cops?