S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Poor Turbo Porsche, lost to an S2000

Old 11-08-2005, 11:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is everyone done pissing in the snow.....
Old 11-09-2005, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am surprised we have not heard from sideways yet

Then again maybe not, remember the sideways and viper race that never happened
Old 11-09-2005, 08:53 AM

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Nov 7 2005, 10:14 PM] LOL.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by dd61999,Nov 9 2005, 08:44 AM
I am surprised we have not heard from sideways yet

Then again maybe not, remember the sideways and viper race that never happened
to many post of fighting...

its past a friendly discussion and being happy about a fix it ticket
and not a racing ticket

to many short fuses here
Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Purple_sky,Nov 8 2005, 07:08 PM
Why are you such a pile of human trash (to speak of saintly figures in such reprehensible and ignoble way)? I'm greatly offended! Go back to your Civic (if your sn denotes an e.g. Civic) forum! Anyone who speaks of such trash is no more than trash itself.
That's funny...my neighbour's gardner's name is Jesus, my friend's gf is Mary, my friend is Joseph...I don't see them as Saints... I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Nov 8 2005, 04:57 PM
well, please explain then the reason why anyone would bicker so pathetically over whether my car is fast or not.. really who cares. i post a win, for my team (s2ki.com) and get bashed by none other than...s2000 owners.??? wtf is that. many people wish they lived the life i live kayvan, i know many folks on here live in tiny little town, with little or nothing to do. all of us envy sideways for being at crystal cove every weekend, if you dont, please tell me what it is that you do that is so much better? well, every weekend, we have a version of crystal cove here. and i cant say which one is better, i havent been to CC. so i try and post stories, vids and pics of what we do. yet for some reason, i cant figure out why, people still talk trash. only reason i guess, is jealousy, if your life is so bad ass, then post something that others can look up to. whatd your mommy tell you, if you cant say nothing nice, dont say anything at all. i gaurantee..GAURANTEE... if steve C or any of these other little piss ants were standing in front of me, they wouldnt say not a word of the crap they talk on here. NOT ONE WORD. i promise you. but its the net, so everyone has electric courage.
can you give me a reason why you would have such a shitty life/day that the only thing that comes out of your mouth (steve C) is utter bullshit. not one positive comment,,, NOT ONE. thats sad people. sorry, im a positive guy, and i will not stand down to white trash from colorado who have nothing better to do than talk bad about me. thats my story. sorry if i typed a book. lates dave

p.s. tyra banks, and heidi klum are flat, sorry busty girls only here.
What bothers me about this thread is this:

Is a street race really a race?

I mean, what if the Porsche guy wasn't "ready" or wasn't fully on it? What if he lifted because his radar detector went off?

The only real way to tell who's car is faster is from a dead stop, in a controlled, "we both know we're racing" environment. Best 2 out of 3 is even better.

I'm not doubting that S2's can be made fast.

I've owned a 996TT and with some minor upgrades, they too are pretty quick.

And yes, I'm well aware that there are Mustangs, Vipers and other wild street machines at that Summerlin (NV) cruise spot.

Yes, there's always someone faster, but sticking to this debate, let's line em up, see who wins, then congratulate the winner and enjoy one common trait: our love for fast cars, whatever badge on the hood.

My two cents...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by PCarAddict,Nov 9 2005, 09:53 AM
S2000NVegas,

What kind of mods did the 611 whp 996TT have? I am surprised that an NSX would pull on such a car so easily.

It sounds like you guys in Vegas have some serious machinery cruising the streets. What other Porsches do you have out there at your Vegas roll ons? Any CGTs? Any other exotics?

Looks like there are mainly a bunch of muscle cars (Vipers, Vettes, GTOs and Mustangs) versus imports at your gatherings. Do you have many high end imports at your street races? Just curious. Thanks.
yes there are alot of high end exotics and imports. the supras have made the biggest dent up there. the turbo busa (310 wheel) VS a supra, the supra hit 200+ at the bridge, and the busa was at 197. these are rough figures.(claimed by onwers)
and i have to agree with lieberman, anything is possible. thats why we do it on a 7/10 mile stretch. if you have THAT much more HP. youll pull. if your not happy, with the result, do it over again.
as for the nsx VS the 996tt, dude, 600 wheel porsche, driving all 4, and weighs 3300 or so. and the nsx weighs in around 2700 and has over 600 wheel, driving only 2 wheels, who do you think is gonna win?
yes there are some silly cars running around up here. and thats what our meet is for, its the *who is the biggest* meet. so far, havent seen an official race, but a guy i know has a GT2 that he claims is stock, yet he has followed some of these races, and has to pedal to keep from hitting them. so i know hes modded, now i just wanna see how much. i know him by name, so when he runs, officially, ill video it. cause this GT2 is rediculous.
hehe. anyways, have a nice day, and i hope phil chimes in with SOMETHING on here. hes fast as hell, but a 996tt close to 800 HP, uhm, phil, youd better bring some preparation H.
laters guys. dave
Old 11-09-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Nov 8 2005, 07:52 PM
Seeing you in person would be hard -- because I don't generally associate with insecure little blowhards.

That said, I am an even bigger dick in real life. If you were even half as stupid in real ife as you are here -- you can bet I would in fact correct you there too.

If you want us to stop picking on you -- real easy path there -- stop lying. Or .. you could provide a dyno of your magical S2k, maybe some timeslips -- the videos you claimed would come months ago ...

Back on topic, I give this race a 1 in 10 chance of happening.
is that really so hard? it would put an end to all the stupid bickering, vagas. if the things you say are really not bullshit, than what is stopping you from showing us and shutting everyone up?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Run them already...You could make money off that video

I read the whole thread on the Porsche board, in the other thread, Sideways needs well doesnt "need" to race but it would be sweet to see him run some high end cars even Craig L's Benz
Old 11-09-2005, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Nov 9 2005, 01:26 PM
Run them already...You could make money off that video

I read the whole thread on the Porsche board, in the other thread, Sideways needs well doesnt "need" to race but it would be sweet to see him run some high end cars even Craig L's Benz
How about you race Sideways for fun, then tape it for even more fun.

Quick Reply: Poor Turbo Porsche, lost to an S2000