S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ok who wants to race a GT??

Old 08-14-2002, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you need good deals? I thought u were a millionaire? Hmm???
Old 08-14-2002, 09:32 PM

I wish you were a little closer...so I could totally abuse your little ford with the baby bottle 4.10s and whatever else. easy as taking candy from a baby. Usually I let the mustang line up in front of me ...give them the hit...and rape them by 3rd gear. ....Oh those are the cobras....and you have only a GT? Mabey you should be looking for a stock Focus.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:37 PM

Hmmm... you think a 100 dry shot is going to propel you from 13.5 to 11.9.... It sounds like you need to stop skipping that vehicle dynamics class so much.

- Warren
Old 08-14-2002, 10:01 PM

damn ben, i was hoping it wasn't you. yeah, he beat me everyone. but remember...when you were slow, i beat you too! haha, i remember that man. let's race again, i want to see this. i also heard you're spraying from ben sol...? i have a new exhaust and other stuff now. i'm not fast like you, but my motor is half the size of yours, and i think i did very good considering that part.

btw, my car looks better than yours would anyday.

oh yeah, and i still haven't read this thread.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:01 PM

Stfu everyone, fuk the race! LEts Box. I bet ill kill yo ass in less than 2 rounds you pung bish! Call me
Old 08-14-2002, 10:03 PM

What would you like us to call you MacK430?!?!?!?
Old 08-14-2002, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by 98gt281
All of yall are crazy. I don't even know what ya'll are talking about. It is not even sane. I will have a 100-150 shot, 4.10's, and drag radials in two weeks, and yes I am shooting for 11.9@ at least 110. No bullshit. I will post timeslips when it is done Right now with this set up I am shooting for 13-13.5 @102-105, this is a much faster time and trap speed than any bolt on s2k so what the hell is so hard to beleive??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????? It is pretty simple. When I get gears and radials high mid-high 12's will not be uncommon. I will beat a bolt on s2k.
If you knew anything you would know that the S2K is not a drag car nor a highway car. As for your silly bet I think your insane. No one here is crazy, everyone is just telling you what they know about the S2K and it's probably more than you'll ever know.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:55 PM

Man forget it I never wanted you guys to get pissed about all this I just figured I would try to prove a point. Maybe it is one that can not be proved? But I still hold my opinion. And for all you guys who argued against me and then when you realized I was right about what I said you started telling me what OTHER things that you car can do better than mine. When I want to drive a car that handles good I just steal the keys to my dads H/C Z06 and take it for a spin!! I ahve driven an s2000 and yes it is an amazing machine, no doubt. It handles great, is pepy, and looks damn good for what it is. But I think that the price tag gets in yall's head to much. Just because it is $40,000 does not mean it is worth it. C'mon guys you almost had a C5 why did you not buy it!!!!!!!!!! It looks better, handles GREAT, is areodynamic, and is just the bette 2 seater car betwwen the two. But you have what you have and it makes you happy and I guess that is what is important. Quite frankly I HONESTLY think my car looks better than yours. But when I say this somne of yall call me CRAZY. But when you say that how much of it is based on the sheer price of mine? Think about it. It's the glossiest black you have ever seen, on 17x9 Cobra wheels, dropped 2 inches, has a bad hood and a bad spoiler, and is just sick everywhere I go people stare at it. I turns more head than my dads vette!! So when yall sit there and call it ugly I really don't know what you are talking about! Anyway if I offended any of yall sorry. HONESTLY. I am no troll and have not really acted like one without being provoked!!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:59 PM

Croot I will also be getting 4.10's and drag radials. I think I can do it? Oh and bassmaster what do you drive? Oh and maybe since I am a millionaire I should pay more for heads and cams off the motor I payed the same price for??? That would be COOL. Whay would I do THAT. With the way I did it my car was back in 1 day. Much less than H/C/I install. Plus like I have said many times before I did NOT want all the compression with the N2O. Bye
Old 08-15-2002, 12:50 AM
Banned

Our cars do not cost $40k. Actually, for most people, not close. The C5, from everything I've heard, does not handle very well, and even the Z06 is beatable on the track by an S2000.

You're opinion is that a stock 99+ GT with a 5sp will pull on an S2000 from the launch all the way through the top end. The fastest "stock" GT I have raced had a cat-back exhaust (gets 10 to 15hp or so, correct?). He got a car jump on me from the launch, but did not pull ANY after that. From a roll, he was perfectly even. If you'd like, I can get you in contact with him. Everyone I have talked to says he is the best at launching they've ever seen. He will tell you a bone stock GT will lose to my S2K with intake and exhaust almost everytime.

You're second opinion about whether you'll beat an S2000 with bolt ons is true. No one debated that. You have a faster car. I don't really think anyone is arguing.

But if you still believe your first opinion that a new GT will walk me from a launch, get someone from Austin to get in contact with me and I'll race them.

Blake

Quick Reply: Ok who wants to race a GT??