S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ok who wants to race a GT??

Old 08-13-2002, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok who wants to race a GT??

Hi, I live in the Sugar Land area of Houston Texas. I was discussing earlier that I think the that the 99+ 2v 4.6L 260HP, 302ft/pnd Gt Mustang with the 5 Speed transsmision will pull on a stock or near stock s2000. Personally I think that a properly driven GT with a good to decent launch will leave a s2000from 1st gear and never look back. Now when I wrote this earlier and people took it the wrong way. It is a FACT though. No doubt in my mind. Now I have the 98 GT Mustang with a 2000 motor in it. It has an offroad X-Pipe, a K&N airfilter, and a super chip, it also has a flowmaster 2-chamber catback. Now I have never dynoed it, nor have I taken it to the track but I have the thought in my mind that I can slaughter an s2000. If you disagree please feel free to call me out and race me. I want a stock or near stock (2 bolt-on mods) S2000 in the Houston area. In two weeks I am geting 4.10's and drag radials and I mean c'mon, that won't even be fair. But if anybody is intersted let's do this!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What, the video wasn't enough for you? I've seen some decent posts asking for races, but your's sounds like a troll to me. You think? And that makes it a FACT?

Try again.

UL
Old 08-13-2002, 10:14 PM

Anyone who posts below this line is a troll feeder

Old 08-13-2002, 10:19 PM

Well if one of you s2000 guys would just race me I would MAKE it a fact. Then I guess I would have thought right and you my freind would have been the one who was wrong. Anyway I am no troll all I want to do is tear the hell out of an s2000 and post it on this sight. Please IF and only IF you think that I am wrong meet me up and let me beat you. I will NOT lose to a stock or near stock s2000 PERIOD. Untill you prove me wrong don't sit here calling me TROLL( jeez cool guys!!) EDITED FOR LANGUAGE BY STATION. If anybody here has the balls to race me in Houston I sure would love to put a big nasty ricer crushing end to this INSANE talk about s2000 beating 99+ GT 5-speeds. Thank You.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by 98gt281
Well if one of you s2000 guys would just race me I would .. blah blah blah .. I have a faster car than you .. blah blah blah .. my mommy didn't love me enough when I was a child .. blah blah blah .. I like to go on the internet to bitch and moan .. blah blah blah

Dude, no one here cares if your modded mustang can beat a stock s2000. Similarly, your mustang buddies don't care if a supercharged s2000 can beat up on a stock GT. It doesn't matter if you can or can't beat an s2000. That doesn't change the fact that a stock s2000 can beat any GT from 98 on up, and can easily beat a GT from the previous generation. Regardless, 99% of us couldn't care less about the straight line performance of either car. The real fun comes in the corners, not the straights.

Besides.. your mods have to net you 50+ HP. Offroad X-pipe? Cat-back exhaust? Chipped ECU? Good lord. No one here is dumb enough to discount all that and pretend like your car is anywhere near stock.

Matt
Old 08-13-2002, 11:02 PM

Someone just race him! If he beats you, you can say "Of course a modded GT beat a stock S2000." If you beat him, you can say "I beat a modded GT!"

Unless some people are not to confident anymore...
Old 08-13-2002, 11:44 PM

Dude those mods maye give me 30rwhp not much more. Oh and if there are any supercharged s2000's in my area in about 2-3 weeks I will add 4.10's drag radials and a 100 dry shot so maybe we can set up that video. But for now I am here to race a stock or lightly MODDED s2000( intake, exhaust, chip) whatever just to prove a point that has been highly debated on this site. Ya'll act like I am crazy or a troll just because I want to defend the name of my car, shit thats what got us here in the first place you guys making the claim you can beat my car or motor. When I disagree you call me a troll and show me a video of a bad driver losing a race. All I want to know is which car is faster with basic mods. so lets find out. Shall we.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 99GT
[B]Someone just race him!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I had stated earlier, even the guys on stangnet.com will tell you about the S2000's. Guys talk about being worked from a roll by an S2000. Some will even admit it is faster than the 1/4 mile. Though most agree that is a driver's race.

A stock GT vs stock S2000 is what we are talking about here. You are trying to get a stock or S2k+intake to race your stang that is certainly getting at least 30 more HP, as admitted by yourself.

A stock GT vs stock S2000 from a roll, the S2k will slowly pull... but add another 30hp to the GT, and now it's the other way around. duh.

And if you want video, I have video of a 2001 GT + exhaust losing to a stock LT1 F-body. oh yeah.... 3 times. Every time the stang got the launch, but the F-body just reeled him in and passed him by the time they hit the finish line.

Now that I have fed the troll, does that mean he's going to follow me home and live under my porch??
Old 08-14-2002, 01:16 AM

i hate when other car owners come in and hate on the honda guys...
do you see any of us in the mustang rooms, playin on them... no ..
we have no need to, we may not always be faster than mustang owners, but we are far more mature...

Quick Reply: Ok who wants to race a GT??