S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

NOS'd Civic

Old 09-21-2001, 12:42 PM
SaV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS'd Civic

To my Bay Area peeps, watch out for a plain looking grey 95 civic coupe. This car smoked me like I was standing still. I tried running him at a light and he just launched on me and was gone. Then I tried a rolling start (giving my S a huge advantage). Once I was in VTEC I was quickly edging him out, until he had a burst (a HUMONGOUS a$$ burst) of speed and got me by 5 car lenghts. One of my friends told me that he has a GSR engine and squeezing a 50 shot of NOS. I'm completely convinced that he squeezed on me when we were running, since VTEC never gives a crazy shot of power like that. I have never been beaten by a B18 transplant that bad ever. Oh well...time to boost the S with Comptech . By the way, he has a RIP Mike Tom sticker (Frisco people should know what this means). Latez!
Old 09-21-2001, 12:49 PM

No worries, friend... in the end of it all, your still driving a S2K and he's still driving a Civic, no matter how fast it is.
-- Aaron
Old 09-21-2001, 07:49 PM

No worres ... squeeze a bottle in your S2000 and see who wins.
Old 09-21-2001, 08:38 PM

Bayarea has a lot of f'in fast cars. Just ask OneQuickS2k.

My friend also has a "plain" looking civic coupe, white. It runs 12s.
Old 09-30-2001, 05:21 PM

Yeah, it's time to turbo the S2k,The best way until then is to SC the S and add a 100 shot bottle, whole different story then.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:48 AM

I love getting flamed for this but I`ve seen many Civics that handle much better then s2k`s

If he pulled from you that hard he was ruiing more then a 50 shot.

Ryan
Old 10-01-2001, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vtecvoodoo
[B]I love getting flamed for this but I`ve seen many
Old 10-01-2001, 06:42 PM

yo mike, hows the saab? how's ucr? i was just at the battle of the imports yesterday and saw papadakis run an 8.7 1/4 mile in his 01 civic..pretty interesting..who says FWD cars can't lauch? and how about that ford focus running a 7.44 at close to 180 mph 1/4 mile!? geez dude.
saw a lot of bad-ass rotaries, be they RX-7s or RX-3s..the RX-8 was there, sitting pretty for all us goggle eyed punks.

ken
Old 10-01-2001, 07:05 PM

for some reason, I do not count NOS as being a credible power upgrade to a car. When the bottle runs out, game over. that's like an athelete that is junked up on steroids and power producing injections going up against someone who can apply the slightly less power indefinetly, not just for 5-6 minutes of max out performance. I agree with who ever said "at the end of the day, he is still driving a civic"; this coming from someone who's car is not quite as fast as a civic EX Next time you meet him on the road, just say " hey, look up and tell me what you see."
Old 10-01-2001, 07:40 PM
SaV

Trip though, it doesn't matter what you got...All that matters is winning. For me, winning will not ever include NOS (I know I won't be able to control the urge to up the shot). BUT, that doesn't mean that I won't go forced induction. I'm just waiting to get enough money to go supercharged. There are waaaay too many fast Hondas in San Francisco, so I already know that I'll probably get beat. Either way I still know I'm driving a MUCH better car then theirs. Let's see them try to put their top down .

Quick Reply: NOS'd Civic