S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

new cobra vs turbo civic hatch

Old 07-17-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cobra vs turbo civic hatch

so tonight at the local car meet this new cobra wanted to race this turbo civic hatch for a 100$ on the interstate from a 50 mph roll. well the guy in the hatch took the offer, and all of our friends all went out to help block traffic. got on it a little bit on the roads to get there, but on the interstate, i made sure i fell back and stayed near the rear so i could fall back if there were cops and play it off. well this guys black srt-4 back fires and i hear the loudest noise i ever heard. my friend was riding with me and about 10 seconds later he goes dude... is your window cracked. and i was like no way. well we look and sure enough it's cracked in the bottom right hand corner. (i'm really pissed about this, but it's no real biggie, i'm just so INCREDIBLY thankful that nothing else on my car got hit by anything, and it's all clean but the windshield.) well it sucked pretty bad.... but owell back to the race the civic hatch won, they raced to 130, and the hatch handled a turn at that the cobra couldn't, the hatch was a bit quicker on the take off too than the cobra. it was pretty sweet to see a fellow four cyllinder take down one of the more impressive v8 cars out there on the roads. on our way back tho i was pretty upset about the window i mean i've only had the car 3 days, and then everyone goes blowing back by us cuz they went down another exit. was a turbo mr2 there too, who started spooling up beside me i drop it down into 3rd and hit v-tec and take off, woulda walked him all day long if we had raced. owell, i recorded the race and all the comotion i can post those up later if anyone wants to see? prolly alot of me getting carried away and losing my mouth on there so sorry for that... have a great night everyone... sorry for the long post
Old 07-17-2005, 08:04 PM

what broke the windshield? you made it sound like the srt 4 backfiring caused it.
-Chris
Old 07-17-2005, 08:15 PM

dude... I could not understand a word of what you were trying to say...
Old 07-17-2005, 08:28 PM

well the srt-4 backfired the same time whatever hit my windshield, obviously we all know it wasn't what caused the windshield cracking, one of the cars kicked up a rock or something and it came back down on my windshield, cuz if it just went straight up it woulda scraped the hood, but it obviously flung up and pinged my windshield hard while we were doing about 45, so yeah, the srt-4 most likely kicked up a rock who knows, it'll be fixed, thanks to insurance.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what's your comprehensive deductible?

good race story by the way.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:55 PM

Sucks about the windsheild...I have a big ass crack that starts from the bottom and goes past halfway on the passengerside of my windsheild
Old 07-17-2005, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by SkipOnDownUnder,Jul 18 2005, 12:28 AM
... so yeah, the srt-4 most likely kicked up a rock who knows...
Maybe it was one of his exhaust valves?

Craig
Old 07-18-2005, 07:48 PM

new winshield being put in without any affect from my deductable. geico made me get a signed thing from the dealership saying i didn't buy the car that way. my dad has been a customer of geico for 21 years, and they pull some crap like this. he said "yeah, i've been a 21 year customer with you guys all this time so i could rip you off on a windshield... that's right". needless to say the guy couldn't say anything after that and prolly felt like a big dickhead. owell, i'm really thankful it was just the windshield, that's nothing to fret over except the inconvenience.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:49 PM

new winshield being put in without any affect from my deductable. geico made me get a signed thing from the dealership saying i didn't buy the car that way. my dad has been a customer of geico for 21 years, and they pull some crap like this. he said "yeah, i've been a 21 year customer with you guys all this time so i could rip you off on a windshield... that's right". needless to say the guy couldn't say anything after that and prolly felt like a big dickhead. owell, i'm really thankful it was just the windshield, that's nothing to fret over except the inconvenience.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ditto

ditto

Quick Reply: new cobra vs turbo civic hatch