S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY07 vs 05 STi & RSX Type S

Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- No the '06/'07 isn't faster than the '04/'05, but the '07 does have 1 less shift to reach the 1320.
- If driven properly, any year STi will pull any year S2000 from any speed, but the pull gets less and less pronounced the farther over 100 mph you go.
- From a dig, forget it.

Of course, you'll need to know how to drive to make any of this true, and anything can happen on the street.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 AM

I think 06 and 07s are a bit faster. The 04/05 run high to mid 13s (average). The 06/07s run mid to low 13s. If driven well of coarse. The only difference between the 06 and the 07 is that the 07 has better gearing and a shitty factory tune.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 AM

A properly tuned Stage 2 STi is quick enough from a roll to keep up or beat cars that you wouldn't think it could keep up with.

I've kept up and beaten countless amounts of GTO's 6.0's, and 5.7's, I've beaten tuned Evo 8's and Evo 9's, 350Z's, LS1 Z28's with minor bolt ons, I've beaten a 2001 Porsche Carrera 4 with exhaust and other misc stuff, SRT4's that are Stage 2 and down, I've beaten cruiser motorcycles, and so on.... the closest race I've gotten so far is a Cammed Evo 9 with bolt ons and a 23psi tune and I was on race gas and we were neck a neck.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Jan 4 2008, 10:15 AM
- No the '06/'07 isn't faster than the '04/'05, but the '07 does have 1 less shift to reach the 1320.
- If driven properly, any year STi will pull any year S2000 from any speed, but the pull gets less and less pronounced the farther over 100 mph you go.
- From a dig, forget it.

Of course, you'll need to know how to drive to make any of this true, and anything can happen on the street.
Driven Properly? The guy was trying his hardest and NEVER pulled on me

Maybe Only from a dig that is (stock form).

I have raced several STI's (stock) on the freeway and have never lost plain and simple. You mean every STI that I have raced was a poor driver? Maybe huh?

From any speed? This has been done many, many times, dude.

I think ur the same guy who thinks a lighter car with less power will pull on the heavier car with more power over higher speeds.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by S2000/RSXMan,Jan 4 2008, 11:02 AM
A properly tuned Stage 2 STi is quick enough from a roll to keep up or beat cars that you wouldn't think it could keep up with.

I've kept up and beaten countless amounts of GTO's 6.0's, and 5.7's, I've beaten tuned Evo 8's and Evo 9's, 350Z's, LS1 Z28's with minor bolt ons, I've beaten a 2001 Porsche Carrera 4 with exhaust and other misc stuff, SRT4's that are Stage 2 and down, I've beaten cruiser motorcycles, and so on.... the closest race I've gotten so far is a Cammed Evo 9 with bolt ons and a 23psi tune and I was on race gas and we were neck a neck.
when you're on stage 2 (tbe and custom tune) how did you do against tbe, mbc, and tuned Evo 9's with BOTH OF YOU ON PUMP GAS?

trying to find out how quick my old Evo 9 was relative to a custom tuned stg. 2 STi

my old IX had mbc @ 21 psi on 91 oct., catless TBE, and custom tune.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 AM

I love STi's but from a roll, they are pretty close with a small edge on the Evo. If the evo has tbe, mbc, intake and tune, and possibly full pump, by no means the sti is competition. They just get fast as hell. EvoIXs for the most part...cant assure you anything bout the VIIIs.

why did you leave the IX anyways?

::EDIT::btw, there's a video in youtube of a stageII 06/07 STi racing an EVOIX with a similar setup...STi lost by half to a complete car lenght in between. This was a roll race.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:28 AM

I forget which Magazine, but when they did a comparision between the Evo IX MR and STI, the STI ran a 12.9 stock which is way out of the S2000's league.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by silverstonejedi,Jan 4 2008, 02:06 PM
Driven Properly? The guy was trying his hardest and NEVER pulled on me

Maybe Only from a dig that is (stock form).

I have raced several STI's (stock) on the freeway and have never lost plain and simple. You mean every STI that I have raced was a poor driver? Maybe huh?

From any speed? This has been done many, many times, dude.

I think ur the same guy who thinks a lighter car with less power will pull on the heavier car with more power over higher speeds.
Don't even bother. I've tried to tell him several times different encounters I've personally had with STI's when I had my S2000, and never once would he stop to listen. It's already made up in his mind or something that no STI on this planet will ever lose to any s2000. Unless the STI driver is a complete moron.

Funny thing, I was 3 and 1 against STI's in my personal encounters in my S. But they really never happened I guess. It's impossible. Just like the 50 or so other kills that have been posted on these boards over the last year or so.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s2kguy states facts from his expierence like we do from ours. many guys, me, blessed, nate(s), justin, dave a ton of guys with very minor mods and with stock cars have been able to hang with sti's.

the fact is, the sti doesnt trap strong. maybe 1-2mph faster than the s2k. i trapped 100 stock, and call it 106 modded, and i could PUNISH a stock sti from a roll at any speed. of course from a dig i get killed, but i still raced from a dig, and then went fishing and reeled them in and by 110 i was walking on by.

but with very minor mods, the sti can lay the smack down, and thats a fact.

same goes for 03-04 evos. but past 05 youve got to have some mods to hang with a stock one.

that being said, at this point in my life, i probably would trade my s2k for an STi if i could get a killer deal one.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:36 PM

That is a funny avatar! The new corvette is pretty dam nice especially the ZR1. And to answer philahn I haven't raced a Evo 9 with bolt ons and me being on pump, but I have raced an evo 9 with bolt ons and meth and I pulled on him in my 05 STi by 2 cars. You can't tell me an Evo 9 with meth and bolt ons with a 27psi tune is slow. It's all relative.... an Evo or STi can be made fast it all comes down to who tunes your car and how much money was put into it. I've had to put more money into my STi to keep up or beat Evo 9's But Evo 8's aren't faster then an 04-07 STi's with both being on pump gas. Evo 9's on the other hand I needed a bad ass race gas tune to beat them. I ran a cammed Evo 9 with a pretty kick ass tune at 23psi and I didn't pull him until 90mph.

Quick Reply: MY07 vs 05 STi & RSX Type S