S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY04 vs. EVO 9

Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Dec 25 2005, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't sand a chance the way i am now
I'd still run you for the hell of it though.

My kinda guy

I reckon my evo is in M3 teritory along with your S. Still gonna be lots of non believers (we know who they are)

Quik would def put the smack down on you, but his evo is a monster for sure
Old 12-25-2005, 10:51 AM

quik s2k: if you want to see how i did against an 03 evo with cams, tbe, intake, upgraded FMIC, MBC, ported manifold and upgraded compressor wheel (he dyno'd at 340whp the other day) watch this if you havent.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=330018
Old 12-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Dec 25 2005, 12:23 AM
you seem to think i have no clue what cams do to an evo...or how they are modded. You have to mch power with your mods, I wouldn't sand a chance the way i am now
I'd still run you for the hell of it though.

oh and my friend was shifting right after redline according to him.
Good run, regardless of what happens and what people might tell you, you beat a 9 and no one can take that away!

Your S sounds pretty nice and you seem to have the right parts. But most people here will tell you the Header doesn't do much. For the money, the best things to do are gears and an EMS dialed in, which, surprisingly does a lot of a relatively stock car.

Also, just out of curiosity, you should see if your friend will let you swap cars and race again, w/ you driving the 9. I'm curious if anything would change.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:31 PM

HvRRZ...Im not saying you dont know. You said you wanted to run a modded one..I said if I was closer I'd run you thats all

bss2k..Yeah it was still pulling good too, my redline is 8k with the valvesprings and retainers we bumped it up a bit.

keepride..Yeah Ive seen that

Once I get my Evo back from WORKS im gonna try to get some video of my Evo vs my Z06 from a dig and from a roll
Old 12-25-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kee1pride,Dec 25 2005, 11:51 AM
quik s2k: if you want to see how i did against an 03 evo with cams, tbe, intake, upgraded FMIC, MBC, ported manifold and upgraded compressor wheel (he dyno'd at 340whp the other day) watch this if you havent.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=330018
Nice vids man

You ate up the opposition pretty well, other that the 03 evo. Nice

340whp for you mate is sick, he is just running away from everyone else
Old 12-25-2005, 11:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusion ZO6,Dec 25 2005, 01:01 PM
Good run, regardless of what happens and what people might tell you, you beat a 9 and no one can take that away!

Your S sounds pretty nice and you seem to have the right parts. But most people here will tell you the Header doesn't do much. For the money, the best things to do are gears and an EMS dialed in, which, surprisingly does a lot of a relatively stock car.

Also, just out of curiosity, you should see if your friend will let you swap cars and race again, w/ you driving the 9. I'm curious if anything would change.
Thank you.

I'm still thinking about getting gears as a next mod, but as you can tell I love high speeds. I don't know f i want to sacrifice so much top end, especially since my ap2 has short gearing. The J's header seems to give good gains itself, but once tuned with the ems you can get a lot more. I think my power may be pretty high at the moment considering I'm beating cars that make good numbers. I need to go dyno though and find out for sure.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by bigfishs,Dec 25 2005, 12:19 PM
My kinda guy

I reckon my evo is in M3 teritory along with your S. Still gonna be lots of non believers (we know who they are)

Quik would def put the smack down on you, but his evo is a monster for sure
The M3 is the next target to capture on video. My buddies cousin has a stick version, but he is lagging on running me. that's because he heard about me running his other friends M3 and I was half a car ahead before we let off. He couldn't pull me . I even had a passenger that night. We'll see what happens, watch for that video
Old 12-26-2005, 07:02 AM

You're car is bad! Good driving too I assume.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by frans2k,Dec 26 2005, 09:02 AM
You're car is bad! Good driving too I assume.
thanlk you. My car is always surprising me, I really need to finish doing what I'm doing and get it dynoed.

By the way what ou guys think. Custom exhaust is ganna be made week after new year....2.75inch piping or 3 inch piping? I've been told that 3 inch gets better gains then the 2.75inch even though I'm NA.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Dec 26 2005, 09:14 AM
thanlk you. My car is always surprising me, I really need to finish doing what I'm doing and get it dynoed.

By the way what ou guys think. Custom exhaust is ganna be made week after new year....2.75inch piping or 3 inch piping? I've been told that 3 inch gets better gains then the 2.75inch even though I'm NA.
3 deffinately. Get a dyno. I'm curious as to the numbers

Quick Reply: MY04 vs. EVO 9