S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY04 vs. EVO 9

Old 12-23-2005, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kayvan_pour,Dec 23 2005, 11:13 AM
I think your just butt hurt that the evo lost in those races.....
Haha yea, he is a pussy like his avatar

I had to...

I hear where you are coming from before Kee1... It was reckless and dangerous driving in the vid. Just the pole comment was kinda far out, thats all. Im glad you admit that street racing is not uncommon. No harm done is right. Happy holidays to all

.... just joking with the poosay comment
Old 12-23-2005, 12:23 PM

I've never doubted any of your wins HvRRZ, but I don't think you should say that ALL S2000's beat Evo's. I'm pretty sure yours is one of the stronger ones out there, cuz my stock 03' evo beats my friend's stock AP2 s2000 all the time, low or high end (and this guy runs 13.8's in the quarter mile). Maybe I have a strong one as well? The point is, one is not consistently faster than the other.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by derek14,Dec 23 2005, 12:54 PM
Haha yea, he is a pussy like his avatar

I had to...

I hear where you are coming from before Kee1... It was reckless and dangerous driving in the vid. Just the pole comment was kinda far out, thats all. Im glad you admit that street racing is not uncommon. No harm done is right. Happy holidays to all

.... just joking with the poosay comment
sall good man. i could tell right away with the emoticon flood after the statement.

i do the same thing when im being sarcastic a lot. kinda hard to tell peoples emotions on the internet so i feel you.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kee1pride,Dec 23 2005, 12:39 PM
I think I've explained my opinion well enough and your post was worthless. Thanks again!
How are my post worthless??? I help many people out around the forums (or atleast try to). A few people were pm'ing me last night and I was helping them out wth there vafc tuning. I have not seen you post anything constructive on these forums.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:44 PM

nice job ruben.
i cant wait to film me VS evo9. now you just need to vid the ones that get the most flak. that was one of em, now e46, and a 996 base carrera. this will be awesome. later dave
Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 PM

Ruben...slow down or you are not going to be with us very much longer. Nobody is perfect everytime....NOBODY.

You and your car are fast...now retire in glory.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Dec 23 2005, 07:54 AM
To those of you who have called BS an all my encounterz with pervious model Evo's, Evo Mr's, and so on, this is for you.

My buddy recently purchased a new Evo 9, and has since put close to or over 3000miles on it. He has been talking non-sop crap since he bought it, but would never want to run. well last night was the night!

All runs were as follows....

all were 60 mile rolls. I let him initiate the honks so that he would not say he couldn't hear mine.
He'd honk...1...2...3, and we're both off. His third gear pulls a bit harder on every race, and he pulls ahead about 2-3ft from me. I shift to fifth an get back to even it out with him, and begin to pull ahead of him a by about half a car(to where his front is at the side of my door). I get into fifth and pull up a couple feet again (his front is now just in front of my rear bumper. It evens out for a bit until i shift into sixth where he regains about 1 foot(he said he was still winding out his fifth gear), but when he gets into sixth he stops, and I begin to pull ahead slowly.
all runs went way into the three digit mph range(since this was a highway battle it was only right to do so.

All of our runs were exactly the same from beginning to end. The most fun I have ever had in a race in a long time.

Camera car stayed a bit ahead to get us passing by, but all starts were even take offs. we just had no camera car that could keep up, so he would have to do. Altima 3.5 is the camera car, and again sorry about the camera guy. half the time they didn't know what was going on

first vid....MY04 vs. Evo9
evo shut down at 135, and i shut it at 140

second vid....MY04 vs. Evo9 2
evo shut down at 145, and i shut it at 152

Afterwards we pulled over, and talked for a bi. He was amazed at how hard my fourth gear would pull him. He said, and I quote..."Your fourth just pulls me hard"....and I said "I noticed, but your third pulls harder on the initial start."

Call BS if you want, but when I say I kill older evo's like they are nothing, it's because it's the truth. The new evo9 is definitely much faster then any other evo i've run into. It will kill the older evo's from any speed, but my little S triumps once again. Call it a fake run, call BS, watever, but the truth is what it is people. Maybe some of you can show me some respect from now on about my encounterz.

Go team S2K...

Oh yes I also ran my other buddies BMW 550i(360hp). He was shocked, he couldn't pull away from us until about 120, then he'd just start going , as you'll see in the vids.
Is that flippin 550 stock?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:10 PM

I dont doubt the result, but you should have swapped drivers and ran when a little (a lot) less crowded. I ma sure the evo boys will be on soon to diss the result.

That being said, Rubes, the people on this board who doubt an NA S2k can get some serious power mods done need to see/race yours and Daves cars.

Heres why.

My evo 8 with reflash=full bolt on Z from any speed except a dig-many races to prove it

stock S normally =stock Z

And a full bolt on Z should be a good bit faster than a stock S.

Therefore I should be faster than a stock S,and that is what I saw the only time I raced one. (maybe my 8 is also one of the fast ones)

So I now am convinced that your cars are way faster than stock-due to being strong ones to start off with + your mods.

You guys really need to get dynoed-do some 1/4's, cause a good 9 should be able to 13.0 stock, and has done on many cases. Up top is a bit of a different story.

Dave as for going FISHING in the north east-that was a classic-made me almost spit out my molsen. You come out here to the NE. You better be ready for what you might catch... ever seen the movie jaws

Old 12-23-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You should not be racing in that area. That said, good kill! Those evo 9's are pretty tough!

Bobby
Old 12-23-2005, 03:18 PM

BTW Ruben

Was that really your friend or a bindfolded chimp driving that evo?

Seriously, I take it was a 9 MR if it had a 6 speed?

Almost every dyno for the stock 9 (that has been posted) has been >20 whp that the 8's

Nice kill

If I was your buddy, I'd be pissed

edit I hope he saved money for this. If so, your ass is grass

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=175808

Quick Reply: MY04 vs. EVO 9