S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY04 vs. EVO 9

Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need an EVO for a daily driver just because!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:57 PM

Never00fast...Lol sorry to get you upset there buddy, but no need to yell I dont pay much attention to STi's

Kee...Thanks

Bigfishs...We were talking about the IC not the piping, just adding a bigger fmic isnt a great idea

I take offence to your..."Works $700 if you can afford it" I think I paid $599?? Dont quite remember, but it holds boost all the way to redline, no drop off at all according to my Defi boost gauge But yeah that sounds about right give or take a few hp on the things you listed. I personally chose WORKS for everything since they are somewhat local 2hr drive and believe me they take really good care of their customers. I have saved at least $2-3K already with them by just getting repeat customer discounts. Not to mention everything else. I have a thread in the WORKS forum on Evom about them if you care to read it, its titled "Special Thanks to WORKS"

Fran...Go get yourself an Evo9, with a few mods you'll be in heaven
Old 12-28-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Dec 28 2005, 08:57 PM
Never00fast...Lol sorry to get you upset there buddy, but no need to yell I dont pay much attention to STi's

It's okay, I wouldn't know much about EVO either but my one of my best bud drives a modded 03 so I have to listen to him babble about the car all the time.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow at first i thought the OP's s2k was stock. that kinda scared me.

good runs and good vids. next time do try to run when it's more deserted, but good kills
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 AM

I am thinking about it
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to say that this thread by far is one of the best threads I've seen in a long time. No bickering, no fighting, just normal conversation.

I wonder where all those guys that always called bs on my runs are now??
Old 12-29-2005, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by frans2k,Dec 29 2005, 07:52 AM

I am thinking about it
Just do it already Im not saying the S isnt a nice car, but your gonna find that driving the Evo is more practical. I loved our S when we first got it, we racked up the miles pretty quick but after getting the Evo that all I wanted to drive. In the summer yeah the S was nice, top down, Invidia exhaust blaring It was a head turner for sure, but I myself like power and dont mind sacrificing looks for it. Although a nicely modded Evo IMO is still a sweet looking car.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:23 AM

Yo rub. I got a question. U saw the video of me and the rsx guys. What did u think? and if i get an invidia exhaust or spugen and some alright headers, what would the outcome be if i ran again with those guys?. Thx thx. Tell me what u thought of the race also.

also on clubrsx they kinda like called u out saying pick up the phone hovos reading this shit. They also said u know who they are. Did they mean back up wize ? if u do leme know who they know lol.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BS2000,Dec 29 2005, 01:23 PM
Yo rub. I got a question. U saw the video of me and the rsx guys. What did u think? and if i get an invidia exhaust or spugen and some alright headers, what would the outcome be if i ran again with those guys?. Thx thx. Tell me what u thought of the race also.

also on clubrsx they kinda like called u out saying pick up the phone hovos reading this shit. They also said u know who they are. Did they mean back up wize ? if u do leme know who they know lol.
I saw the vids, and the runs looked pretty close. I just wish there was a faster camera car so we could have better footedge of the ends. Plus it looked like the vids cut a bit early at the end of the runs. Both your cars looked pretty even, probably his mid range is a bit stronger so that's why he gets ahead a bit at the start. Exhaust will help you somewhat. They don't show much gains, but combined with the right mods you'll feel the difference for sure. I think best gains you'll feel will be top end because the air will flow much quicker, plus you'll shave off lots of weight. combined with something like J's header I think you'll be a lot faser overall.

They called me up afterwards saying i was direspecting, when they were the one's calling me names . They have no back up, they just meant I know who they are because I've known them for some time. well actually i've known Mike for some time, but his cousin I don't know that well. Besides I'm sure I wouldn't need any back-up myself

I actually may be going down to get m exhaust on today. I'll give ou a call maybe tomorrow, and we'll meet up, hang, whatever. Hopefully I gatta see if I'm free or not. Now i gatta go see if this guy can do my piping oday so i can mount this crap
Old 12-29-2005, 01:20 PM

well even if it came to back up id laugh at them. My older heads already called them up and they said they never cussed at me when they did. So they backed down. As far as the race when i would pull top end he would just stop and yell. What ever. But with those mods. Invidia exhaust and j's headers how bad would i lose or win vs. there rsx.

And if u do get your exhaust call me up.

Quick Reply: MY04 vs. EVO 9