S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY04 vs. EVO 9

Old 12-23-2005, 06:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default MY04 vs. EVO 9

To those of you who have called BS an all my encounterz with pervious model Evo's, Evo Mr's, and so on, this is for you.

My buddy recently purchased a new Evo 9, and has since put close to or over 3000miles on it. He has been talking non-sop crap since he bought it, but would never want to run. well last night was the night!

All runs were as follows....

all were 60 mile rolls. I let him initiate the honks so that he would not say he couldn't hear mine.
He'd honk...1...2...3, and we're both off. His third gear pulls a bit harder on every race, and he pulls ahead about 2-3ft from me. I shift to fifth an get back to even it out with him, and begin to pull ahead of him a by about half a car(to where his front is at the side of my door). I get into fifth and pull up a couple feet again (his front is now just in front of my rear bumper. It evens out for a bit until i shift into sixth where he regains about 1 foot(he said he was still winding out his fifth gear), but when he gets into sixth he stops, and I begin to pull ahead slowly.
all runs went way into the three digit mph range(since this was a highway battle it was only right to do so.

All of our runs were exactly the same from beginning to end. The most fun I have ever had in a race in a long time.

Camera car stayed a bit ahead to get us passing by, but all starts were even take offs. we just had no camera car that could keep up, so he would have to do. Altima 3.5 is the camera car, and again sorry about the camera guy. half the time they didn't know what was going on

first vid....MY04 vs. Evo9
evo shut down at 135, and i shut it at 140

second vid....MY04 vs. Evo9 2
evo shut down at 145, and i shut it at 152

Afterwards we pulled over, and talked for a bi. He was amazed at how hard my fourth gear would pull him. He said, and I quote..."Your fourth just pulls me hard"....and I said "I noticed, but your third pulls harder on the initial start."

Call BS if you want, but when I say I kill older evo's like they are nothing, it's because it's the truth. The new evo9 is definitely much faster then any other evo i've run into. It will kill the older evo's from any speed, but my little S triumps once again. Call it a fake run, call BS, watever, but the truth is what it is people. Maybe some of you can show me some respect from now on about my encounterz.

Go team S2K...

Oh yes I also ran my other buddies BMW 550i(360hp). He was shocked, he couldn't pull away from us until about 120, then he'd just start going , as you'll see in the vids.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude you're a ****ing faggot for racing that high with so many people around.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:31 AM

Past 3rd gear the older Evo's seemed to lose ground, AWD drag for ya.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 AM

ps. good kill. im not hating on the s2k for winning. good job to that but i hope you AND that evo wrap your shit around a pole for being so immature
Old 12-23-2005, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kee1pride,Dec 23 2005, 09:30 AM
dude you're a ****ing faggot for racing that high with so many people around.
your to funny. If you look at the vids we always waited until we had clear roads ahead with maybe one or two cars around us. we did not wan to run with to many cars around for that reason. I'm watching the vids now, and i don't see any traffic. The second vid, had nothing but open lanes, and right after we shut down we caught the cars ahead of us at the end. that was our last run. Watch it closesly before you go calling people names, you IDIOT!

besides most of the cars around us were our buddies in there cars
Old 12-23-2005, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kee1pride,Dec 23 2005, 09:32 AM
ps. good kill. im not hating on the s2k for winning. good job to that but i hope you AND that evo wrap your shit around a pole for being so immature
I don't encourage street racing...I just do it!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by HotRADO,Dec 23 2005, 09:31 AM
Past 3rd gear the older Evo's seemed to lose ground, AWD drag for ya.
it wasn't so much as the AWD that made the previous models loose steam, but the boost drop at higher rpm. They did well with the new one.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:45 AM

i dont ever race that high. especially not with SO many damn people around. you guys shouldnt have to be racing in situations that require 140mph lane changes.

STUPID
Old 12-23-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kee1pride,Dec 23 2005, 09:45 AM
i dont ever race that high. especially not with SO many damn people around. you guys shouldnt have to be racing in situations that require 140mph lane changes.

STUPID
oh if you mean the idiot in the BMW, believe me we blew his ears off about that. He was a bit to excited, and was acting like an idiot. He heard it from us later on though. as for us we try to make sure both lanes are wide open with very few cars around. We try to make sure no one has to change lanes, ofcourse if it's only one car ahead then we may.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:46 AM

my apologies. you still shouldnt be racing that high around people and your cars need to be around polls

but his should be around 7 poles.

Quick Reply: MY04 vs. EVO 9