S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY04 vs. 5.0 cobra

Old 12-10-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default MY04 vs. 5.0 cobra

I have no clue about what year this stang was, but it was the old 5.0 boddies. Except this thing was loud, the guy had bucket seats, and it had the cobra badges on it.
Driving minding my own business when I decided to let it rip a bit. I guess I passed this guy quick(didn't even notice him), and next thing I know at the next red the passenger start yelling something.
Passenger: You don't want none of this.
Me: (smiling)
Passenger: (turns to driver then back to me) you ready cause you don't want it
Me: hahaha
driver: Hey what you in that?
Me: nothing.

then the driver gets on it and off waiting for me to downshift i guess. we're cruising at about 30 and i drop it to second and am waiting.

Passenger: (nods giving signal to go) lets do this...
Me: don't think you want this
Passenger: (turns to driver) ooo he said you don't want it.

I get on it and get right back off to signal the go. I get right back on and so does he. I believe I was about 1K below 6K, and it was even with me edging a couple feet ahead of him. Hit 6K and jumped ahead quick. Shift to third and I think he must have slowed down after seeing that burst once I hit 6K lol. I got off it, and he got next to me again. I ave him a thumbs up.

Passenger: hey man you had that, you know it.
Me: (smiling)
Passenger: that wasn't fair man
Me: friendly laugh
Passenger: another nod to go, but I deided to leave it at that.

Kool guys though, seemed like they were just looking for a good time. Gave me a thumbs up as I made my right, and that was it.

I wish I could have gotten a cleaner race, but if I was anywhere in the power I needed to be in then it would have been over.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice
Old 12-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Cool man...raced one in my old S, but he wasn't as cool about it. After shutdown he flew by me as if he was pissed off. I didn't get it since he was the one that instigated the race. I love the sound of some of those older 5.0's...it's like music lol
Old 12-10-2005, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5.0's do sound sweet! i had 93 cobra headers and custom borla pipes on my 92 LX. the exhaust stirred the soul! if it was a 93 cobra that you raced, well, 93 cobras are very underestimated. let just say that. in my 92 with KN intake,GT40 intake manu, cobra header,borla exhaust, i lost to 93 cobra by a car or so. but when i switched on the juice, it was a different story. 125 shot!!! non the less good run!!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at 30mph you should've been in 1st! what's with people starting out of vtec? it doesn't show the cars true potential.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:14 PM

its VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! unless your driving a cordless phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Dec 10 2005, 01:14 PM
its VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! unless your driving a cordless phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oops, careless mistake
Old 12-10-2005, 01:57 PM

i just like exlmation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s2krazy01,Dec 10 2005, 02:11 PM
at 30mph you should've been in 1st! what's with people starting out of vtec? it doesn't show the cars true potential.
believe me I know, but as I was looking at his car before the run I realized it wouldn't matter. It sounded nice indeed, very loud too. He kept it clean also, didn't see any fults on the exterior.

I just felt I didn't have to go to first to beat him .

actually when he said it wasn't fair, I wanted to say "your right I started in to high a gear," but i said forget it..
Old 12-10-2005, 02:15 PM

lol... I raced one a few weeks back in my b5 S4... the guy was loud as hell too... I was in a hurry- running late for an appt- doing about 90 on a freeway and the guy started pacing me as I came up on him... so I downshifted and took off, and of course- so did he...

but then...

POOF!! BOOM!

He let's out this huge backfire and blue smoke starts pouring out his exhaust... but the guy kept on it! Must be a daily occurance!~

I pulled him pretty bad- 10 or so cars... let him catch up... gave him the thumb up... and then watched him pull over to the side of the road about another mile down the road...

oops.

Quick Reply: MY04 vs. 5.0 cobra