S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY03 vs SRT4

Old 08-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY03 vs SRT4

Ok, heres the deal a friend of mine just bought a 2005 Dodge SRT4 brand f**king new 0 miles. Broke it in and came out last night to a car meet we have every Tuesday. So he wanted to race me so me being me I said ok sure Top up and a few friends following us we started from a 65mph roll. First run he miss shifted second run we had it good, neck and neck. Then I shifted into 4th 400 rpms early because of a car ahead I had to swing to the next lane over (we were at speeds of 141) so I was paying close attention to the road. I will admit I got smoked beacuse by 144 he was about 1 whole car infront of me WTF?! We raced on the way back and and we started from a 63mph roll and I power shifted 3rd to 4th to 5th and I crept ahead of him. About half a car before we shut down, we shut down just before 120. I dont get, it I have ran other SRT4's and have dusted them bad. Like even if he was a good driver I still would of killed him. I dont know oh well, I lost and thats that. Have any of you had a run in with a SRT4, if so what was the result..mph..how many car gap?! BTW my s2k is stock besides the AEM V1.5 Intake. Thanks for reading

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 08-03-2005, 12:00 PM

The newer SRT's do have more horsepower than the old one's do, as well as LSD. Even so, I was right behind you guys and it seemed like he kept trying to slow you down a bit. Were you at your ideal rpm when you raced?

You were closer than I was but it seemed like you kept creeping from him, unless he got the jump first.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 PM

Seth Crap I didnt know the new ones have more power!? Then that means it probably has more torque then the older ones right?! Well I crept on him a little when you all were behind us but my early shifting due to avioding traffic is what killed me. I would rather loose a race then hurt some people. He did try to slow me a little but i didnt let him do that ahaha If anything I had about 800 rpms to go down in before I dipped out of VTEC. He wants to go again next week and have someone drive in the middle of us to do the 3 honks.

Kind regards,
joe
Old 08-03-2005, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah the newest (and last to be made) SRT4's are stronger than the previous ones. You should still pull on him above 100 or so though. Sounds like you might have short shifted on the one race.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:12 PM

He's not going to do anything to the car, is he? Or does he just want to see what happens again on an even launch?

Any time there's traffic or anything that would hinder a perfect run, I get out of it. Remember, if you chase, you race and if I can't give my best because of some outside factor, I'm out. I'll wait until conditions change then go again.

The 2005 makes 15 hp and 5 lbs of torque then the 2003's do. You have to give them credit, they're quick and they don't cost much. Nevertheless, I'd still rather have an S2K over an SRT4.

I'm looking foward to next week. You'll be prepared!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Aug 3 2005, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you might have short shifted on the one race.
I did indeed There is always next time though....
Old 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

good runs. Next time make sure to climb to redline. For sure the new one's are quicker, but you should still be able to pull up topwith equal drivers. I ran a new one a while back on my way to the strip. I started about where my front was at his door. We both took of at the exact time and by 100 I began to pull forward. By 110 I was going to pass and got even with him but we both had to slow down do a lot of traffic ahead of us.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:28 PM

I want a re-match for sure. I have raced SRT4's in the past (stock ones) and have taken them out past 100+. I guess it being so brand new and whatever else...I did loose though I will admit but it was so up and down that it was hard to give a deff. answer.

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 08-03-2005, 05:50 PM

It should be a good race between both cars I would think, I'm not a srt4 fan so I have no idea. Let us know what happens next time around, I say on a roll and from a stop both cars should be even if both are average drivers but who knows.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:00 PM

Then I shifted into 4th 400 rpms early because of a car ahead I had to swing to the next lane over (we were at speeds of 141)
i think im confused. you were at 140, and still in 4th?

Quick Reply: MY03 vs SRT4