S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My wish finally came true

Old 06-29-2002, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny stories guys, this is my first post here but I've been reading here for a while now. Just thought I'd share my story since noone has written one similar to it. So my and my friends are ridin' to Baltimore for a night out and we see this dumb fool in an old Crown Vic (I think) swerving in and out of traffic on a two lane road. He's doing about 90-100 mph in and out of traffic, switching lanes, cutting people off, passing on shoulders. So we decide to catch up to him and call his tags in for fun. lol Well, 5 minutes down the road we finally catch up to him. We see a hubcap rolling across the lanes and shards of a tire all over. Next thing we see is the guy standing outside his car with his hands covering his face. In his wrecklessness he must have lost control and landed his car right smack into a cop car and into a cement barricade on the shoulder. As we drove by doing our casual 60 mph we rolled down the windows and cheered. lol Sounds like a fake story, but it's totally true. Seeing that hubcap rolling across the road and the guy crying about hitting a cop was priceless. It was like watching one of those scariest police chase stories on TV.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:42 PM

Miami seems to have a monopoly on idiot drivers. You see so much stupidity on the roads there. I just try to keep out of the way.

Anyway, on the Fla Turnpike one night I was doing 75 in a 70. Got passed by a trooper and he was about 1/8 mile in front of me. I was in the fast lane passing a slower car and I see someone barreling down my butt flashing their highbeams at me. So I speed up and move over asap 'cause I'm hoping he does it to the cop too.

He passed over 100mph and immediately starting flashing the trooper, who was riding in the fast lane. Pretty funny. Trooper slows, and the guy looked like he went right up on him and then tried to back off. Cop put his lights on and had to wave the guy around him so he could pull him over. They were both going about 25 when I caught up again.

ah-hem. set up soap box. People, evading is a felony. cops have lots of friends. If they catch you, you'll be asking yourself for a long time why you didn't just pull over and accept responsibility for your actions. I was pulled over about 15 years ago. cop coming the other way around a curve. I was 20 over (55 in 35), he had to wait for 5 or 6 cars to pass before he could turn around. But, as soon as I saw him slow to turn, I knew he was coming after me so I pulled over and waited for him for about 2 full minutes. He stepped up smiling. "You could've easily turned down one the side streets beyond the curve and lost me." I just shrugged, and he gave me a verbal warning. step off soap box.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about the whole evade thing. Did it one in my mother's camry.. of all cars.. got away.. scared the sh*t out of me.. almost destroyed the car. second time, i recalled back to the above story, and how i did it once, can do it again.. but this time, i was in my rice mobile, (95 accord, slammed, exhaust, intake) going about 90 in 55. Thought i was the man.... tried the whole speed up, and take first exit. well, my driving skills weren't all that great, at the off ramp, i took the turn too fast, cut across three merge lanes and by the time i corrected myself, i saw the cop behind me. I decided to pull over.

He got out of his car, gun drawn and told me to throw the keys out and hands on the dash. i was soooo scared....
after about 30 minutes, and talking.. i was able to convince him that i wasn't evading, just didn't see him. he still arrested me for reckless driving, running the stop sign at the off ramp, and speeding. I spent 1 hour in jail, got served lunch, and got out.

After that experience, no more thoughts of running in my head...
Old 06-29-2002, 09:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkhl
[B]about the whole evade thing.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:29 PM

Two weeks ago on Westheimer I pulled up next to a old Cross-Fire C4 Vette which are lucky to run in the 15. sec range. So seening a sucker race in my Tauras SHO. I yell out the window you want to run. Well he gives me that look of "that piece of shit Tauras". So I am like screw you I am not going to run off this light. The light turns green he floors it and spins the tire all over the place. As he does this the cop that neither of us saw because he had all of his lights off, turns them all on and pulls the guy over. Got luck with that one. So I decide that was close time to go else where. Off to Brittmore it was(one of three warehouse areas we race at in Houston). As I am driving up to the area I see cop have surrounded the area. Needless to say it was time to go home. Got lucky the night unlike the S2000 owners that I own that were trapped at Brittmore. I noticed WES left out that I run the Modded as hell Gumball 3000 S4.
Boy that was embarassing. I was praying it was stock then I saw Wes's head sticking out the window and knew it was a lost cause but oh well. It was fun watching it run.