S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My wish finally came true

Old 06-26-2002, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suvh8r
[B]sportbikers that really know how to ride (not the kids that just get their bikes) have very little trouble evading.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great story about the dumb lady tailing the ambulance. glad she got what she deserved!
Old 06-27-2002, 05:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z06-KILLR
[B]
He said he clocked me at 95 but that since I didn't ran he was going to cut me a break.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:21 AM

I was gonna post this story the other day and never got around to it, but it definitely fits this thread. I got pulled over the other day and had a really cool encounter with a Trooper.

I was on my way out of town, heading to Minneapolis for the weekend. For those of you who don't know anything about the area between the black hills and Minneapolis, MN it is flat and straight, I mean maybe 2 turns every hundred miles (unless you change roads) Anyway so I am clipping along at a fairly good pace (around 125 MPH) and am approaching literaly one of 2 curves in the first 100 miles of my trip, a long sweeping curve that the S can handle at high speed. So anyway I am almost to the turn and comes around the other way but a state trooper. He hit me with the radar about the time we passed each other. I immediately (well as quickly as you can from 125) pull over and wait for him. Finally he got turned around and came back to where I was stopped. The trooper walks up to the car and says
"Damn Bandit (I am assuming SMokey and the Bandit reference since my S is black) what are you in such a hurry for?" I think he almost started laughing. So I respond "I am trying to catch up to my wife, we are headin gout of town and she left about 20 minutes before I did" (This was the truth, but I planned her leaving early so I could haul ass the first 100 miles or so) He looks at me and laughs and says "You know she could have pulled over and waited on you, don't you?" I say "yeah, I knew that" and about that time my cell phone rings and it is my wife. I tell the trooper it is her and tells me to go ahead and answer it, as soon as I pick it up she says you better be careful I just passed a state trooper (same one that had me), and I said I know I am talking with him now. I guess he understands half of the conversation and starts laughing again. He says something to the effect of "I guess your story is true then, next time just have her wait on you"
At this point I am thinking maybe just maybe, and then he asks me to come backl to his blazer, oh well. I get out walk back and get in the car. He then starts asking all about the car and how fast I had taken it. Turns out he was a real car buff and has liked the S since it came out. Anyway we talk about the car for a while and he finishes writing the ticket and gives it to me. It was written for 74 in a 65, woohoo. He says "this is because you didn't run, because I don't think I would have caught you in this blazer" He tells me to slow down and have a good trip. If he had been prettier I would have kissed him.
The whole event was surreal. He was never really being a smart ass like it sounds, the whole time we were joking like you would when you are ribbing your friends.

Anyway long story short he was a cool guy just doing his job, and being mindful of that paid off for me.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:46 PM
SinD

I think she called you a little too late
Old 06-27-2002, 02:05 PM

About 1 minute.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:32 AM

I have never actually "RAN" from a cop but one time I remember chucking along about ~110 or so (riding a R6) on an interstate when a I passed a cop travelling in the opposite direction. I saw him put his brake lights on and veer towards the median so I clicked it down two gears and shot off an ~1/8 of a mile to the next exit hitting 140-150 or so. Two cars were turning right at the light but it didn't matter as I slipped around them on the inside and shot down the road along side traffic on the shoulder. I guess it isn't "running" unless the cop tries to pull you over first right?

I have done some stupid stuff on bikes, but I passed the night all my bike friends wanted to go out "flogging". This consists of getting a group of riders who remove their license plates and hit the highway late at night stopping for *nothing*. Some people even turn off their lights on their bikes for this kind of stuff.
Old 06-28-2002, 07:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alz2002
[B]I was transporting a patient in an ambulance from Fort Hood to Austin, full lights and sirens, down I-35 when we overtake a BMW 5 wagon who was cruising ahead of the ambulance, letting everyone get out of the way of the ambulance.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:13 PM

Amazingly I have yet to get a ticket for speeding in my S2000. On my sportbike though I have gotten 1 ticket. I didn't see the cop hiding and as I pulled away from a light I popped a wheelie and rode it out to about 70 mph. Next thing I know The cop is right behind me, lights flashing. I pulled over and he gave me a ticket for 50 in a 35. He did not get me on radar but when I mentioned that to him he asked me if I would rather have the speeding ticket or would I like a reckless driving ticket. I shut up at that point since here in nyc they can impound your bike and you have to buy it back at auction if you get a reckless driving ticket.
My advice for the bikers out there and even for those that don't ride is don't run from the cops. I have been pulled over by cops on my bike two other times. Once I was clocked at 125, the other time I popped a wheelie on the highway at 70 mph in front of a cop hiding in the bushes , and both times I didn't get any tickets. Both times the cops were bikers themselves(which I'm sure helped) and they both said that the only reason they were letting me go was because I did not run. If you run and get caught around here you are losing your bike and spending a few nights in jail. Not a good option. I know alot of people who run on their bikes. Alot get away but the ones that don't face a pretty rough time.
There is supposedly also a law here that cops cannot chase you if they are at a standstill and you pass them at 80+. I heard that the law was passed because alot of innocent drivers were getting killed in motorcycle chases. Most cops will chase you but there was that one time that I passed a cop doing an indicated 165. I thought I was going to jail for sure but to my amazement he didn't even move.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:25 AM

Funny stories... just be careful out there... I am pretty sure you guys have seen the accidents on TV and stuff

Quick Reply: My wish finally came true