S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My wish finally came true

Old 06-26-2002, 01:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you ever been driving down the road, and saw someone do something so stupid, and you wished that a cop were there at that exact moment so they could pull them over? Or ever found yourself driving down the freeway and someone inexplicably passes you at warp 4, hyperdrive and everything.... and you just wish a speed trap was over the next hill?

Well on my way home from work the other day, about 11pm, I was passed by what I at first thought was a white F14 figher jet. Upon second look as the tail lights quickly got smaller, I realized it was an Audi A4. As I'm watching the car cruise away in the left lane, I notice she is coming up on two cars... one in the right lane, one in the middle lane.

As the Audi approaches, it's a sudden dance of brake lights between the audi in left lane and the car in the middle lane. I can't figure out why they are slowing down, unless there is a cop ahead. the car in the middle lane slows, and then the Audi slows even more. Then the car in the middle lane brakes hard and cuts in BEHIND the Audi. A flip of the switch and the good old red and blues come on!

The lady must have realized much too late that she was about to fly by a police car at warp 4 (maybe warp 5 by the time she'd gotten up there?). I drove slowly by as she buried her head on her steering wheel, then listened to her fate (since I had my scanner on). She of course received a ticket.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:34 AM
SinD

I guess thats what people think that of you when they see you race by them with a Tibby huh? Just messing with you!
Old 06-26-2002, 05:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats better than when I saw a guy pulled over on the highway, getting a ticket, and then 20 feet ahead of him......A speed limit sign....

Irony. Its an amazing thing.

Blake
Old 06-26-2002, 06:40 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

The ULTIMATE irony:

A friend of my sister's was pulled over for speeding, but when she pulled over the cop was following her too closely and hit her bumper, damaging it. Needless to say, she didn't get a ticket... just a new bumper!

True story.
Old 06-26-2002, 06:44 AM

I love stories like that.

Here are two more:

A few years back I was driving on a two lane road in my 97 Prelude. I hear that hollow rumble of a big V8 next to me. I didn't know what kind of car it was, but it was one of those old Chevy Nova looking things. Picture the classic late 60's muscle car. Just for kicks I laid on the gas pretty hard when the light turned green and took the guy by surprise. I wasn't really trying.

The guy flips out and motions to me through the window like I'm dead at the next light. I shake my head "No" and he gets pissed and floors it. 10 seconds later a cop pulls out of his lair and pulls him over. It was too perfect!

A few weeks ago I was getting off 66 into one of those long side lanes before you take the exit. I looked in my rear view mirror to see a sport bike sceaming towards me. He was going at least 120. Before I could finish "What the...?" he SMOKES past me like a bullet, slipping in between me and the jersey barrier.

I look in the rear view mirror to see what the hell else was coming my way... and notice a state trooper doing his best to follow suit. He was going damn fast too so I pulled over in short oder. I don't know how they can catch someone on a sport bike, but I saw brake lights up ahead so they probably stopped traffic on the highway. No other way, and they've done it before!

-Dan
Old 06-26-2002, 09:08 AM
SinD

A friend was telling me his story.. He works at a Bike store... he was doing a dealer exchange and bringing back up a bike (he was riding it) and he saw his friend... (who was also on a bike). Well they start to speed zooming in and out of traffic.. doing wheelys a bunch of stupid stuff.. well a FHP Trooper saw 'em and followed all the way to the job.. so when he pulled in.. so did Mr. FHP... told 'em he was barely able to catch up but enough to follow 'em and they got to talking about the bike and the tricks he was doing it that the cop didn't give him a ticket!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:21 AM

sportbikers that really know how to ride (not the kids that just get their bikes) have very little trouble evading. Usually what happens is you are cruising down the highway at a buck ten or so. The state trooper on the side of the road gets a reading of ~106 or so and waits for you to pass. When sportbiker sees the trooper he downshifts two gears and flogs it. By the time the trooper pulls out onto the median and starts his forward motion (around 5-10 mph, the sportbike is EASILY going 140mph and depending on the bike, it will continue on to ~190mph or so. Sportbiker continues to peg the throttle, blowing by cars at a rediculous pace until the FIRST Exit which the biker gets off at and hides at the quickest possible moment. He hides the bike, ditches what he is wearing, and hangs out for a while, leaving the bike to be picked up later that night.

If the officer is coming the other way?? No contest.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:31 AM

Heh, back in high school my best friends brother (who was a real dick), got pulled over and given a ticket for exhibition of acceleration (smoky burnout at a light).
The dumbass that he is, after he gets his ticket, he takes off doing another burnout right in the cops face and you guessed it, gets pulled over again and given another ticket.
Ahahaha we were laughing at him for weeks.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I had a friend with a crotch rocket where he got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. When he stopped, the cop ran into the back of his bike slightly, and then fell over. lol. He obviously didn't get a ticket and they had to wait for a superior officer to come check the bikes.

another bike story. this kid (like 16) got a brand new bike from his daddy while we were at the bike shop. They were taking delivery.
as he left the store, he blew out of there, across the 4 lane road and made a hard left turn. for those of you that don't know, bike tires have a slick coating on them when they first come from the factory and get installed on the bike.... because of this you have to be careful for a few miles...

this kid's back end went right out behind him and he smashed the bike down hard and slid to the curb. he was ok, but the bike was far from ok. lol
Old 06-26-2002, 01:28 PM

I was transporting a patient in an ambulance from Fort Hood to Austin, full lights and sirens, down I-35 when we overtake a BMW 5 wagon who was cruising ahead of the ambulance, letting everyone get out of the way of the ambulance. After a couple of miles, she finally got out of the way and slipped in behind, continuing right on our tail at 85 mph or so. Since this was putting the ambulance, the patient and the bimmer at risk, I called the police on the cell phone. They dispatched a cruiser to jump on the highway as we passed, with the bimmer in tow, and nailed her. In a construction zone.
Let's see, that's 20+ over the limit, failure to yield to emergency equipment, plus the double fine in construction.
Sucked to be her that day.

Quick Reply: My wish finally came true