S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My S2k vs. RX-S(both stock)

Old 02-22-2005, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when's the s2k meet at? I'm not planning to crash or anything but i'll be down to meet u guys up at LACR for some runs. Haven't been there for a while and I want to see what I can get with my mods. I think i might head to lacr at march 2nd with a friend so if you want to come out and get some runs in, that'll be cool.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kwakman' date='Feb 22 2005, 05:19 PM
when's the s2k meet at? I'm not planning to crash or anything but i'll be down to meet u guys up at LACR for some runs. Haven't been there for a while and I want to see what I can get with my mods. I think i might head to lacr at march 2nd with a friend so if you want to come out and get some runs in, that'll be cool.
The meet is on march 5th, and 6th. I think we will be heading for larc on either the days after the meet, or a week after. I'll find out for sure and pm you when I know. I'll see if I can make it on the 2nd.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ' date='Feb 22 2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah that'll be me aswell, as you can see in my killed by list. I know what you mean about the honk, but either way the person honking will always get a bit of a jump over the person waitinbg for the third hink. His car is mad fast now, most gains probably from the header and hondata combo. I'm waiting to see when I can run him again.

Do you know nick? Maybe I know you if you do.
yeah I know nick... I am the silver 350z in one of his newer vids...I raced him like 20 times from a roll one night when I came out there.. I won everytime but it was really close.. I was like 1-2 carlengths ahead depending on which speed we started at and how much of a jump he got Of course his vid only showed the 3 runs where he got a big jump and I barely won All I had was an intake on my Z..

after I raced him he said Z's were "way faster" than S2K's stock for stock....but I've never gotten to race one yet to find out for myself
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM

Just got my test pipes from UPS so we'll see if that helped any. =). Oh btw, the rsx guys swear by the hondata ecu so maybe racing one with bolt-ons and the hondata would be a close match? I rarely see a rsx-s fixed up but some of them do look nice if modded properly so who knows.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:04 PM

^ Dude an RSX with CAI/hondata/DCRH will pull a stock s2k from a roll..

You must have not seen the newer vid of that same blue RSX vs. HvRRZ's s2k..?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:18 PM

The S2000 driver couldn't drive. Put him in a 500-rwhp automatic Supra and maybe, just maybe he may win against a stock RSX.

There's no way a stock RSX could keep up with an S2000 from any speed. Been there, done that, and massacred them. A stock RSX-S beating an S2000 is like a stock S2000 beating a 3.2L NSX. Not close at all!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purple_sky' date='Feb 22 2005, 07:18 PM
The S2000 driver couldn't drive. Put him in a 500-rwhp automatic Supra and maybe, just maybe he may win against a stock RSX.

There's no way a stock RSX could keep up with an S2000 from any speed. Been there, done that, and massacred them. A stock RSX-S beating an S2000 is like a stock S2000 beating a 3.2L NSX. Not close at all!
what are you talking about bro?? no one said an RSX can beat or keep up with an s2k stock for stock... The RSX got a jump in the vid as explained, and then he cut the vid short where the s2k starts to pull hard
Old 02-22-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Purple_sky' date='Feb 22 2005, 08:18 PM

you really should watch the video closely and abserve all angeles before saying things that make no sense.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:46 PM

Die Die I have raced two with four different Z's. Two at the track and two on the freeway. I haven't lost yet, the closest won I lost was at the track. He was running 14.4 at larc, but I still won because he fouled really badley. So when I saw that nick couldn't beat a Z I couldn't believe it. But then again u have to consider driver, location, different situations, etc. who knows maybe we can go at it sometime.

and I agree a stock s2k will probably more then likely lose to a bolt on + hondata rsx-s, but I think it may depend on which version of the hondata. I think I need to put video two up so these people can see for themselves.

By the way people keep saying the s2k couldn't drive, well it doesn't take much skill to race from a roll. Oh wai maybe I shifted at 8,100 rpm instead of 8,200 rpm, ya that's probably why I lost.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ' date='Feb 22 2005, 07:46 PM
Die Die I have raced two with four different Z's. Two at the track and two on the freeway. I haven't lost yet, the closest won I lost was at the track. He was running 14.4 at larc, but I still won because he fouled really badley. So when I saw that nick couldn't beat a Z I couldn't believe it. But then again u have to consider driver, location, different situations, etc. who knows maybe we can go at it sometime.

and I agree a stock s2k will probably more then likely lose to a bolt on + hondata rsx-s, but I think it may depend on which version of the hondata. I think I need to put video two up so these people can see for themselves.

By the way people keep saying the s2k couldn't drive, well it doesn't take much skill to race from a roll. Oh wai maybe I shifted at 8,100 rpm instead of 8,200 rpm, ya that's probably why I lost.
yeah man next time I come up to race nick, you should come too...Like I said I've never ran an S2K, so I don't know what to expect...<--you didn't do very well against nick with his mods tho....I realize he always jumps, but why weren't you coming back at all???(or at least why didn't you come back in the vid he posted

BTW- one of my best friends is deciding between an s2k and Z right now, so I want to get a vid of me beating one so I he'll be more likely to pick the Z

Quick Reply: My S2k vs. RX-S(both stock)