S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My S2k vs. RX-S(both stock)

Old 02-21-2005, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe he meant modded G35's from what I read. And I ran a 14.4 corrected at LACR but that was stock and with bad traction (60ft of 2.3xx) so at a better track, I'm sure a 14.2 or so would be very possible. =)

Maybe we can run one day hvrrz...well once the rain stops that is. I always wondered how I'd do against a s2k but no one ever wants to race. Mods are Z-tube, JWT popcharger, UR crank pulley kit, and test pipes.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kwakman' date='Feb 21 2005, 04:20 PM
I believe he meant modded G35's from what I read. And I ran a 14.4 corrected at LACR but that was stock and with bad traction (60ft of 2.3xx) so at a better track, I'm sure a 14.2 or so would be very possible. =)

Maybe we can run one day hvrrz...well once the rain stops that is. I always wondered how I'd do against a s2k but no one ever wants to race. Mods are Z-tube, JWT popcharger, UR crank pulley kit, and test pipes.
hey that's a real good time. If he meant modded then yeah I understand, to be honest a stock g35 should take a stock type-s as well. But maybe an auto g35 cannot?!?!

I wouldn't mind having a good run, I'm always down for a good challenge. Should be a close one. This rain is rediculous though. We can even get it on tape.

I just remembered if it isn't raining the week after the s2k meet, me and a couple buddies are ganna head down to palmdale for some fun. My buddy wants to test out his new turbo kit on his gs-r, and I wanna see if my mods made any difference to my time, but mainly just practice with my car again. Especially my launch.( I wonder if it's changed because of my mods. Maybe you can come down. It would be sweet going down with a bunch of cars, all are invited.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's probably the only way you would ever win a race, so it it makes you feel any better then go ahead and make that list.
Nope, I own a car that runs deep 12's -- stock -- and I take it to the track instead of ricing my way around town pretending to race other cars. But hey, keep making shit up, eventually someone is going to believe it.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by CypherAZ' date='Feb 18 2005, 10:55 PM
This makes no sense at all, I raced a G35 sedan in my modded RSX-S and got my ass handed to me. So I don't see how a stock 04' can stay even with a G35 coupe. Something smells fishy!

My friend has an 03 RSX type S with, I/E/H, VAFC2, Clutch/Flywheel, Suspension, and I forgot the name of them but some light 16" rims...well he raced my 04 G35 coupe last week and I pulled him from 40-110 by about 1 1/2 cars! My G35 is a 6 speed and I don't know the difference between the auto's and manuals, but there's no way a stock rsx is coming close to pulling a manual g35 from any speed.

I've also raced an rsx type S with I/E, and I started in 3rd gear at 40mph (compared to his 2nd gear) and soon as we started we were even for a second untill I started picking up revs, then I started easily started walking him by about 3-4 cars only to about 85mph.

G35's can run low 14's unbroken in, compare that to what, high 14's, low 15 second RSX...the'll need a few more mods.

Im taking my G to the track this wednesday to see what she'll run...
Old 02-21-2005, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by steve c' date='Feb 20 2005, 02:40 PM
In order for there to be a race, both drivers must be racing.

I pass faster cars in my S2000 on the highway all the time, I guess I too should start posting kills about such events.
It would be more fun to read about the faster cars you pass in your Porsche ... if you encounter any.

That said, there seem to be a fair number of Cobra drivers who don't know how to downshift.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:16 PM

Hey Steve, a buddy of mine has a 550hp "RUF-ed" '97 911 Turbo that runs low 11's but its quarter-mile time is not the most impressive of its performance traits since this 911 is all-wheel drive and baby can it bank at incredible speeds. I've actually had the pleasure of driving it once...the freakish acceleration once the twin turbos come on scared the shit out of me!!! This guy also raced(if you wanna call it a race at all) my friend's Cobra. One night, it was me and the guy in the Porsche(He weighs 220 and I'm 200 lbs) versus my other friend(weighs about 150 no exaggeration) in his Cobra. Started at about 80 mph with the Porsche in 5th & 3 cars lengths back while my buddy downshifted into either 3rd or 4th(Don't know 'cause I wasn't in the car) then they got up to about 155(Cobra shifting gears the whole time while the Porsche is still in 5th gear with one gear left to go) when it seemed like the Cobra hit a brick wall as we flew past him. Mind you, this was done on a completely dead highway at about 3:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friends RSX'S can run 14.1's easy with stock tires. I/H/E and Hondata.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by JBX-S' date='Feb 15 2005, 08:31 PM
I wish i could find a willing s2k in the ATL, GA... i guess, all the s2k vids i see racing are peeps in other states. . If there are any on these forums that are willing to run on camera that would be fun.. but anywayz.. nice vid. quick 350z!

I too drive an RSX, but love the s2k for what it is.
hey man i have a s2k i live in alpharhetta , my s2k is stock 4 right now, i just got it , i had a rsx type s, i'd race u lol
Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 AM

HvRRZ- Are you the same S2K that nick walks in his other vid when his RSX has CAI/#4/DCDH...???

BTW- nick has a very tricky honk technique to say the least It's nearly impossible to get an equal start with him It's like 1..............2..3 <-- he doesn't space the honks evenly so you're waiting for the 3rd honk and he's off
Old 02-22-2005, 03:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DIE DIE' date='Feb 22 2005, 11:29 AM
HvRRZ- Are you the same S2K that nick walks in his other vid when his RSX has CAI/#4/DCDH...???

BTW- nick has a very tricky honk technique to say the least It's nearly impossible to get an equal start with him It's like 1..............2..3 <-- he doesn't space the honks evenly so you're waiting for the 3rd honk and he's off
Yeah that'll be me aswell, as you can see in my killed by list. I know what you mean about the honk, but either way the person honking will always get a bit of a jump over the person waitinbg for the third hink. His car is mad fast now, most gains probably from the header and hondata combo. I'm waiting to see when I can run him again.

Do you know nick? Maybe I know you if you do.

Quick Reply: My S2k vs. RX-S(both stock)