S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my s2000 vs. my buddy's SLP camaro SS

Old 03-21-2003, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Thizzle
[B]Good race.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DJAuggie

That car is very fast so don't feel bad. Losing is not always a bad thing. It just makes you go out and buy more mods or be creative with free mods
free mods? like the s2ki.com license plate holder? after installing that I think I gained 10hp...
Old 03-21-2003, 04:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to the guy who said he should have beat me to 60 mph, that is wrong...LS1's aren't faster than S's from 0 to 60....to the guy on wheel spin, yes we both spun some tire
Umm -- yes they are.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:41 PM

I coulda sworn that video of Wis. was him against an LT1.. am I wrong??

In a perfect world an SS should beat an S2000 to 60 mph. In reality there is a thing called traction. (However, Spinning your tires is no excuse for not beating some one.) People with fast RWD cars have to deal with tire spin when accelerating with either suspension/tire mods or a change in launching style. If you don't do either of these then you will just be top ending people even though you should be walking them form the start.

-Just my 02.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:41 PM

Wisconsin raced a LT1. You should have gotten beaten worse than 4 cars by a LS1 but who knows what happened in the race i wasn't there. A LS1 will walk you on the freeway. I have alot to do to my car to even be able to keep up with a LS1 SS or WS6 and i run mid to high 13's, I no cause my roomate has a LS1 WS6. I can hang with him for a few seconds and that's it. Good run though, at least you have some motivation to get a supercharger or something.

If it makes you feel any better even though he can beat you, your car's resale value beats his 10:1

marty
Old 03-21-2003, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by beanolo
free mods? like the s2ki.com license plate holder? after installing that I think I gained 10hp...

That's a shame, I got mine second-hand and saw gains of only 8hp.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:14 AM

i think some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee...the guy i raced is my best friend and we hang all the time. even he will tell you my S is just as fast 0 to 60. Now if you are a magazine racer than ya the LS1 have a few tenths edge, but lets get real people. On the street many things don't play out like they do on the track. that is why i laugh and screw with so many of you on here cause you just ain't considering real world scenarios. my friend will tell you that on the street he has a horrible time with will spin on the launch. he can't beat me 0 to 60. at the track i saw him run a 13.4, which is in the good range for his car. So, my long point is that street racing is a far cry from magazine numbers racing.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are not magazine racers and we are not going to change our opinions (which are based in reality) because someone lives with a guy who owns an LS1 camaro ....

The simple truth is this LS1 is a quicker car from any speed to any other speed -- and yes -- that inculdes from a stop to 60.

Don't believe us? Why not venture on over to LS1.com and ask some of them what their best 60' times are.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:37 PM

Having owned a 385hp M6 Camaro SS, I can tell you even in stock form ('bout 352hp since I dyno'd at 305.5) the odds of any S2000 owner (I don't care how high he launches) ever taking me to 60 mph was about on par with Oprah passing on seconds at an all-you-can-eat king crab buffet. I bought my car with 2000 miles on the odo and one week into ownership I went out and nailed about six consecutive 4.9 and change accelerometer runs before I finally figured out it was a sub 5-second ride. Now, having said that I'm sure there is the occasional LS1 that either has too much power and not enough traction or too much car and not enough driver but honestly, you could count the number of those owners on one hand and still have enough fingers left over to throw a decent curveball.
Let's end this LS1 vs. S2000 madness once and for all. Having owned both, I know my place in the acceleration pecking order and most of my LS1 buds know to leave me well enough alone when the road starts to bend. It's the nature of our beasts to be celebrated by both.

Old 03-22-2003, 03:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 97Snake
[B]I coulda sworn that video of Wis. was him against an LT1.. am I wrong??

Quick Reply: my s2000 vs. my buddy's SLP camaro SS