S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my noob encounters 2

Old 05-18-2005, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my noob encounters 2

despite the massive i recieved in my last topic, i will continue to post for those who are interested.

i did in fact race an ls1 camaro w/ exhaust from 50mph and the race was about dead even in my favor.

i also raced an '05 GT from a low roll. he got to my front bumper at first but then i barely pulled at 70mph. the race ended before i could pass him.

i beat 3 wrx's in one night. i even beat one from a light but it was a huge sumo guy. the other two pulled to my front bumper and i pulled back and passed by 55mph.

i raced an '04 vette from 55mph and he handed my ass to me. jumped 2 cars ahead and i guess he let off the gas cuz i passed at 90, but no brake lights. it was some scientist guy in his 50's, and before you start, he started it.

i'm sorry if i came off a little smug. looking back i did sound a bit cocky. however, i am perfectly aware of what my car is and isn't capable of. there are many fast cars in fairfax and inline pro, with the fastest hondas on the planet, is right down the street. the fact is that i like a good challenge, even if the odds are against me, but i'm not dumb. not an encouraging welcome to the s2ki community but i'll accept it as part of the initiation.

btw, i thought we could beat lotus' despite their light weight cuz i saw it on a best motoring vid with stock cars.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=s2krazy01,May 18 2005, 10:30 PM]i'm sorry if i came off a little smug.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:45 PM

Yes, this post does sound better than your previous one and your competitors are more of a equal challenge than the ones in your previous post.

However, keep safe and don't get too cocky.

~Josh
Old 05-18-2005, 08:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm not sure if he was auto or not, but he said the cars weighs 3500lbs
Old 05-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Did you go round any corners?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Asterix,May 18 2005, 10:52 PM
Did you go round any corners?
LOL. Why would you want to use the car for its intended purpose?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:43 PM

I just wondered and just a little shocked that trying to race a Lotus in a straight line is possibly the most pointless thing I've ever heard.

More importantly, any Lotus driver that even tries to get involved in a drag should be hauled out of the car and shot several times as he obviously doesn't deserve the car.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Asterix,May 18 2005, 11:43 PM
I just wondered and just a little shocked that trying to race a Lotus in a straight line is possibly the most pointless thing I've ever heard.

More importantly, any Lotus driver that even tries to get involved in a drag should be hauled out of the car and shot several times as he obviously doesn't deserve the car.
I agree on both points and am still grinning about your question. Fortunately, I think such Lotus owners are very few and far between, so the bloodshed should be kept to a minimum. And the day Elisetalk initiates a Street Encounters-type forum will surely be one of the signs that the Apocalypse is imminent.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:21 AM

Luckily, I think they have more sense and understand what the design and mechanical ethos was behind the car in the first place.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2krazy01,May 18 2005, 08:30 PM
despite the massive i recieved in my last topic, i will continue to post for those who are interested.

i did in fact race an ls1 camaro w/ exhaust from 50mph and the race was about dead even in my favor.

i also raced an '05 GT from a low roll. he got to my front bumper at first but then i barely pulled at 70mph. the race ended before i could pass him.

i beat 3 wrx's in one night. i even beat one from a light but it was a huge sumo guy. the other two pulled to my front bumper and i pulled back and passed by 55mph.

i raced an '04 vette from 55mph and he handed my ass to me. jumped 2 cars ahead and i guess he let off the gas cuz i passed at 90, but no brake lights. it was some scientist guy in his 50's, and before you start, he started it.

i'm sorry if i came off a little smug. looking back i did sound a bit cocky. however, i am perfectly aware of what my car is and isn't capable of. there are many fast cars in fairfax and inline pro, with the fastest hondas on the planet, is right down the street. the fact is that i like a good challenge, even if the odds are against me, but i'm not dumb. not an encouraging welcome to the s2ki community but i'll accept it as part of the initiation.

btw, i thought we could beat lotus' despite their light weight cuz i saw it on a best motoring vid with stock cars.
I still call bs on that LS1 from a roll... Anyone with me?

Quick Reply: my noob encounters 2