S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My encounter with a cop

Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, youre definitely obligated to pull over when an officer identifies himself, even in those situations. I have a few family in law enforcement, and there are always the good and the bad, but it seems lately like a majority (not all) cops are just out to write tickets, especially around the colleges. At times, you dont even have to be doing anything legally wrong to get cited because after you are pulled over, they are trained in word games to get you to admit guilt, even if you are 100% innocent. I had an incident not too long ago where i stalled the car and it jumped some, then he writes me up for careless driving and raipd acceleration. He manages to witness all of this whire hes nearly 50 feet away already facing the opposite directino and writing someone a ticket. Of course i fall to his word traps this time, he tells me squealing tires is illegal blah blah blah, but i attempted to tell him i stalled the clutch, and ya know that could make the car jump in the right circumstances, and he gives me some jarble that thats no excuse to be squealing my tires. The judge will not care what happened, all they care about is that a noise was made that implies careless driving and the money. Law enforcement is more of a business than protection it seems, unfortunately i ran into one of the bad ones here.

Protect yourself when dealing with them, you do have the right to remain silent, do not even talk to them, because you know the miranda rights? anythign you say can and will be used against you! thats no joke! This is my 2nd ticket ever and no speeding tickets ever and no trouble with the law what so ever. Just seems the better you ride, the more they seem to point you out. So when gettin pulled over, he asks you anything, just give him a blank state and follow his/her instructions because any chatter with his word games most likely will in some form get you to admit guilt.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

Sheriff's here in va can pull you over and write tickets, I've seen people get pulled by sheriff's numerous times.

Not only that but here in va any american car can be an unmarked police car. I've seen dodge stratus', intrepids, rams, ford expeditions, camaro's, and vette's that pulled people over. It's quite scary, cuz that slow ford explorer you just blew by in the left lane could be an unmarked cop.