S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My encounter with a cop

Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My encounter with a cop

I was on my way home from work. There was a lot of traffic on the road, and I was driving quite conservatively. I pull up to a red light in the right hand lane, and I look down the road. Oh sh...t! my lane ends in about 60 to 100 feet. I look over next to me in the left hand lane was an older Dodge Intrepid. So I just take off spiritedly to clear the traffic so I can merge into the left hand lane before my lane ends. I look over to the left and the Dodge is being a real D...ck. The Dodge is not going to let me merge. At this point I have committed myself, so I get on it as hard as I can and I barely get over in front of the Dodge before my lane ends. This really pissed me off so I slow way down to about 10 miles an hour below the speed limit and promptly flip the guy the bird. When we get to the next light the guy is behind me. So I turn left. He follows. I make a series of random turns. He follows. I don't want to show this guy where I live, so I pull into a crowded 7-Eleven parking lot. He follows. I start to jump out of my car so he won't catch me at a disadvantage when he gets out. But first I look in my side mirror. Oh Sh.......t! The guy is an off duty county sheriff. I about crap my pants. I just roll down my window and say "what's the problem officer." LOL. He says "that's some flag you were flying there" (referring to the bird I flipped him). Then he says "you were driving kind of recklessly weren't you." I say "you tried to cut me off. I had no where to go but faster." He said "I had control of the lane." I said to him "you tried to run me off the road by exceeding the speed limit purposefully, trying to keep me from merging." He pauses and says "Drive safe drive Friendly," and he walks off, gets in his car, and drives off. I think he just realized we were both in the wrong and decided to leave it at that. Whew! Boy was I lucky.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a problem like that with a sheriffs deputy. He was in uniform but off duty in his personal car, he was behind me at a light while we were both waiting to make a left turn.

When the traffic cleared I started to make my left turn and he punched his gas and cut me off, nearly side swiping me. Pulled up next to him at the next light, put my window down, and asked him what the hell is problem was. He called me a few names, I called him a few. He threatened to have me arrested blah blah.

At the next light we lined up again. I asked him for his badge number and supervisors name, and informed I intended to noify his supervisor of his illegal turn, reckless driving, abuse of power, and his attitude. He tore off down the road when the light changed without giving me any of the info.

My brothers father (my step father at the time) was a cop, so I grew up around them. My neighbors were cops, my stepfathers friends where cops, so I don't fear them as much as most people do. Actually I tend to get along with them pretty well, usually if your treat them with respect they'll do the same for you. This guys was just an ass.

In retrospect its a bad idea to piss off a guy with a gun, but unfortunately if you piss me off I'm fearless. Sooner or later its going to get me in trouble, luckily I'm pretty hard to piss off most of the time
Old 01-24-2006, 01:19 PM

you were in the clear.....thats called entrapment, and its illegal.

John
Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he patrols your area I'd drive extra-careful for a few weeks, just in case he's the vengeful type.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:46 AM

I had the same problem, and it ended up with me getting a ticket. even when I tried fighting it w/ a lawyer in court)
Old 01-25-2006, 08:26 AM

I had something like this happen as well a few months back. On the interstate an Explorer was hogging the speeding lane, the one thing I have figured out about the headlights on our cars is that at the right distance they can make even the most stubborn fast lane cow budge. Well this time it wasnt working, so I merge over to the next lane and go around... only to have the explorer haul ass up on my bumper with his brights on. At this point Im thinking to myself "What in the hell?" because I did nothing to cause such actions. Well, after a few miles of this I got fed up and gave the brakes a quick love tap to try and get him to get off my bumper. STILL was on my tail with the brights on... finally I get over in the next lane and he speeds up beside me and cuts on his interior lights. He is pointing at me and dangling a pair of handcuffs in the other hand. Realizing this was some kind of officer of the law I slow down. Then I thought about it and realized not one thing did I do wrong and if anything he was the one driving completely unsafe. So just before the highway split off I pull up beside him again, cut on my interior light, waved to get his attention and flipped him off only to leave him stuck going one way while I cruised off another way.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you should have busted his lip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:19 AM

Liar. you'd make out with him. hardcore.

jk

damn those are some pretty funny stories. lol
Old 01-25-2006, 12:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kee1pride,Jan 25 2006, 01:19 PM
Liar. you'd make out with him. hardcore.

jk

damn those are some pretty funny stories. lol
Old 01-25-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Jan 24 2006, 06:44 PM
If he patrols your area I'd drive extra-careful for a few weeks, just in case he's the vengeful type.
Can county sheriff's even give you tickets / pull you over. Around here I have NEVER in my whole life seen them do that...they kind of just putz around wasting tax payers money it seems.

Quick Reply: My encounter with a cop