S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

MY 02 VS 911 CARRERA

Old 09-08-2005, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave is the man!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ignore S2oooNvegas; he is a proven liar.

The published 0-120 times for the 996 and the S2000 generally have the 996 5-7 seconds faster. Now tell me -- if the 0-60 times are about the same, where exactly do you think the 911 is pulling away?

So we have a choice here, we can either believe numbers published by numerous reliable sources -- or we can believe a liar with a small dick who is known to make shit up.

Hey S2oooNvegas where is the timeslip of your magical 275hp S2000? How about a dyno.

LS1's dont drive to the track bone stock and click off 12s pass after pass like some of the rejected mag racers on here want you to think.
Low 13's are more common, at 108. 12's happen on a regular basis too.

RE: 911. If it was in fact a later 996 it would run away and hide (yes even the C4) from 100 on. Drive one sometime, they simply pull harder at speeds than the S2000 does -- and you have to figure such a high speed roll on requires very little "skill."

and there JUST happend to be a bracket class. and there JUST happend to be 5 LS1's there. ONE yes ONE broke a 13.97 at 102 mph. it had drag radials and was a stick. there were 2 autos and 3 sticks, competing for bracket money. ALL of them ALL 5 ran 14.2-13.97 pass after pass after pass. so you mean to tell me all 5 couldnt drive???
What did they dial in at you ignorant fool. Do you even know what bracket racing is?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:36 AM

i've driven my cousins '04 c4 and that thing pulled hard .. i went from 70 to 125 up a hill (auto w/ tiptronic) with ease and pretty damn quickly.. i've tried in my my02 and it's nowhere close to that. so i agree with the other guys.. the porsche driver was trying to conserve gas...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by steve c,Sep 8 2005, 05:59 AM
Ignore S2oooNvegas; he is a proven liar.

The published 0-120 times for the 996 and the S2000 generally have the 996 5-7 seconds faster. Now tell me -- if the 0-60 times are about the same, where exactly do you think the 911 is pulling away?

So we have a choice here, we can either believe numbers published by numerous reliable sources -- or we can believe a liar with a small dick who is known to make shit up.

Hey S2oooNvegas where is the timeslip of your magical 275hp S2000? How about a dyno.

Low 13's are more common, at 108. 12's happen on a regular basis too.

RE: 911. If it was in fact a later 996 it would run away and hide (yes even the C4) from 100 on. Drive one sometime, they simply pull harder at speeds than the S2000 does -- and you have to figure such a high speed roll on requires very little "skill."

What did they dial in at you ignorant fool. Do you even know what bracket racing is?

I don't find it impossible to believe and S2000 can run with a 996. Most people who buy 996s do so for the prestige.

A good driver in a 996 (6spd) and a good driver in an S2000, well then there may be no contest.

DAVE IS THE MAN!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 AM

All you people in Nevada should get out of the sun if you think dave is the man considering almost every post he has put up has been fabricated to make him feel better about himself
Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't find it impossible to believe and S2000 can run with a 996. Most people who buy 996s do so for the prestige.
Who are you to say what reasons people have for buying their cars?

Again -- Most reports have the 996 5-7 seconds quicker than the S2k 0-120. Given that they run similar 0-60 times, where exactly do you think this 5-7 gap is occuring?

How much skill does it take to put your foot to the floor at 70MPH and "race."

Your "Man" is an idiot. He is using the logic that he witnessed LS1 guys bracket racing and running 14's to insinuate that S2000's are faster than LS1's, E46M3's and 911's.

Let me break this down for you. When you bracket race you dial in a number. You never dial in your fastest time; you dial in a time you can easily run with a consistent launch. You also generally come off the gas or even tap the brakes to hit these times.

To use a bracket racing time as evidence of what a car is capable of and then to further extrapolate those numbers out to represent what other makes and models are capable of is well ... ****ing stupid and it shows S2000nooVegas has no clue abut drag racing -- despite his claiming to own a 9 second VW and having 1/4 raced for "years."

S2000noovegas is a known liar. He talks a whole lot of shit (I beat this car, I ran that time, I make this much horsepower). None of it has ever been backed up. Ever. His stories are fabrications; one could assume he lies to compensate for something.

You may of course continue to believe whoever you want, and I can see the reasons some of you would want to believe a blowhard like him, but let me set you straight; 996's, E46M3's and LS1's are all faster than the S2000. You can claim driver this and driver that until you are blue in the face but it will not change this reality.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:50 AM

I am with steveC on this one. The cars listed are without doubt faster (some significantly) than the S. Not to say the origonal poster is talking crap, as anything can happen on the street (WisS2K taking a C5 in his S is a good example).

But 95 times out of a hundred the S will lose.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by steve c,Sep 8 2005, 08:16 AM
Who are you to say what reasons people have for buying their cars?

Again -- Most reports have the 996 5-7 seconds quicker than the S2k 0-120. Given that they run similar 0-60 times, where exactly do you think this 5-7 gap is occuring?

How much skill does it take to put your foot to the floor at 70MPH and "race."

Your "Man" is an idiot. He is using the logic that he witnessed LS1 guys bracket racing and running 14's to insinuate that S2000's are faster than LS1's, E46M3's and 911's.

Let me break this down for you. When you bracket race you dial in a number. You never dial in your fastest time; you dial in a time you can easily run with a consistent launch. You also generally come off the gas or even tap the brakes to hit these times.

To use a bracket racing time as evidence of what a car is capable of and then to further extrapolate those numbers out to represent what other makes and models are capable of is well ... ****ing stupid and it shows S2000nooVegas has no clue abut drag racing -- despite his claiming to own a 9 second VW and having 1/4 raced for "years."

S2000noovegas is a known liar. He talks a whole lot of shit (I beat this car, I ran that time, I make this much horsepower). None of it has ever been backed up. Ever. His stories are fabrications; one could assume he lies to compensate for something.

You may of course continue to believe whoever you want, and I can see the reasons some of you would want to believe a blowhard like him, but let me set you straight; 996's, E46M3's and LS1's are all faster than the S2000. You can claim driver this and driver that until you are blue in the face but it will not change this reality.
Don't bring it here

I dont think anyone is implying that the s2000 is the fastest car on the planet. I am not going to get into the races I have had, or the cars I have owned. (I don't want to get flamed), but I can say that the driver makes the car.

Do you think all of us can get the same 0-60, 1/4 miles times, skidpad, etc. as the editors of Motor trend, Car and Driver, etc????? If so, you are kidding yourself. They are simply setting the standard of the capabilities of the car. The capability of the car is one thing, the driver of the car is another.

Also... there is no reason to lie. Why would Dave lie about "how badass his car is"? Dave has numerous races under his belt and I believe he will admit when he is beaten. Next time you come to Vegas, drive out, bring the car, you can race Dave in his factory freak, and I will gladly film it.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blastr17,Sep 8 2005, 08:07 AM
All you people in Nevada should get out of the sun if you think dave is the man considering almost every post he has put up has been fabricated to make him feel better about himself
I live in California, and who are you to say it was all fabricated? Anything can happen on the street, I have new respect for this after my buddy's evo, a turbo si, and my s2000 all raced a c6 from like 65ish to 145 the turbo si loat by 1 car, the evo was dead evo and i passed him barely inching at 145. Now is my s2000 faster than a c6? NO. Was the driver trying? Yes, 145 is pretty fast to cruise. Was he a very bad driver? Definately.

as dave would say.

You sir are a piece of
Old 09-08-2005, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG!!!!!! I AGREE WITH STEVEC!!!!! anything can happen in a race. i.e one guy isnt pushing it or whatever. but to post that ls1's with DR are running 13.9! B.S! they must be giving up at the 1/8 mile mark.

the s2k has 240 hp and 152 lbs of torque. all the cars on your list have almost 100 MORE HP! as much as i love my car, i know that there are faster cars and i can respect that. i am sorry to say but, a (911 315hp) will be faster than an s or even light moded s(i/h/e).

but hey i wasn't there so i am not going to say that it didn't happen. but #'s never lie.

Quick Reply: MY 02 VS 911 CARRERA