S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Modded M3 vs stock 01 Z06.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why? Its not a Diablo, for Gods sakes. Theres only like ten million of them (at least there are here).

The m3 did have headers, btw. Says it right in the beginning. Its also a stripper car, so its pretty light........no sunroof, manual seats, etc.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Hey cock bite. You brought up the topic.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:41 PM

lol. Cock-bite?

I was responding to the comment regarding bringing up an M3 in every thread.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
dut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- how about BITE COCK?
Old 01-05-2005, 12:56 PM

No thanks, but you go ahead, by all means.

Old 01-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cock bite! Never heard of that one before, but it made me laugh.

GTR, millenium comes after century. Geez! I thought a genius like you would've known an easy one like that. Just playing there!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by under-rated,Jan 5 2005, 10:16 AM
Only b/c of your opening statement, I'll respond. BTW, what was false. It is fact based on my experience.

My car has software, intake, a few other weight reductions, and upgraded suspension... basic mods and I've also walked other E46 M3's... So I'm faster than a stock M3 / so I should also be faster than stock Carrera / competetance (I know my car well) has to account for something. My car had the software upgrade right after the break in which was 1200 miles.

Another thing though. Redline M3 8,000 stock - 8,150 on my car > peak hp stock 333 / (355 hp / my car).

As for the 911 Carrera. Hp for both the C4S and base Carrera is 320 hp on the 02+. C4S is also heavier than the base Carrera however. The new C4S I raced, I killed. I beat him by 4 car lengths from 70-140 on 1-90 headed into the city.

You and I already know both cars are very comparable in straight line and the 911 is superior to an M3 "handling wise". M3 does pull harder at higher rpms, my car won't give up at those high revs, it just keeps pulling.

So if you ran the 1/4 mile only than I can see where it will be a dead heat... as you stated. I've taken my 04 M3 up to 175, it felt like it had more throttle.

When I ran the C5 all I had was stage 1 at that time. We only ran from 5-100 mph, dead even... I've heard of other M3 vs C5 encounters... where the C5 won't start pulling away til 120. I'm not mad to admit the C5 is most likely faster... There the C5 is faster than the 911 and M3... Z06 is faster than all of us.
Well, now the truth comes out. It's not really fair comparing your modified, lightened M3 to a stock Carrera is it ?

I had a Carrera. You have to realize that a stock Carrera from a roll would probably beat a C4S by a few car lengths as well because the AWD doesn't really help the car from a roll, and as a matter of fact hinders it with extra weight, and because it has to transfer power through another mechanical device, also because it was a widebody drag increases on that car are greater than on the "narrow" body Carreras.

Evo Motorsports has a software/air intake package for the 3.6 L 911's too, or you might just run a 40th anniversary edition car. Those have the 345 hp "powerkit."
Old 01-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the Dinan software, add 0 horsepower. The Dinan claims have been shown to be bullshit by many a real world dyno.

What have you done to take weight off?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:07 PM

The software itself does not add hp but I have stage 3... Stage 4 w / throttle bodies will be installed once the bodywork is completed, as well as an Eisenmann Titanium Exhaust, Euro Headers. My coilover setup is probably lighter than stock, also gutted the trunk, took out the tool kit and spare tire compressor... Doesn't sound like much, but all I can say is I've put the stomp down on a couple different E46 M3's, one was bonestock, the other got walked an he had intake / exhaust, no software. I know I'm a little lighter than stock. Another thing, basic maintenance. Every little effort to shed weight / basic mods add up.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Officer_down,Jan 5 2005, 02:20 PM
Cock bite! Never heard of that one before, but it made me laugh.

GTR, millenium comes after century. Geez! I thought a genius like you would've known an easy one like that. Just playing there!
I've never been locked up, and don't plan on getting locked up anytime in this life either. But the term cock bite, stemmed from people giving head to avoid getting raped in order to a click in prison. Conditions were giving head if you scraped someones d!ck! with your teeth, that person would get all there teeth knocked out! So that's what a cock biter is... a b!tch!

Quick Reply: Modded M3 vs stock 01 Z06.