S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Met a guy at UCR orientation who "knew" everything about S2ks

Old 07-26-2001, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Met a guy at UCR orientation who "knew" everything about S2ks

First off all, after he told me the S2K did 0-60 in 4.9, I thought it was a bit amusing. He claimed that Road and Track magazine tested the 0-60 performance. BTW, I read no where in the magazine that the S2k does it in 4.9secs.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

But anyways since I thought it was pretty funny that he said he knew more about S2000s than I did so I asked him to question me. Then it REALLY got ridiculus, he started to ask me about the base price of the S2k and how many gears it had, give me a break guy. Then just to toy with him, I asked him the engine code, the chassis code (didn't even know what a chassis was), compression ratio then he had no idea cuz he was a moron. He must've felt like a fool cuz he seriously thought he knew everything about the S2K cuz he said his dad has an S2K. THis guy knew absolutely nothing about cars.

What I really thought was funny was that he told me he never drove the S2k cuz he didn't know how to drive stick and said he had trouble driving driving the car reverse out of the driveway (which he never did). I'm glad I'm going to school with this schmoe so that I can ridicule the hell out of him, hope he drops out, stupid arrogant moron, hahah.

On the ligher side, I met a guy who was into American muscle cars who wanted to get into the Import scene, haha, he was really cool. That made my day when I heard him say this, I'm glad more people I've met are giving respect to the import scene.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:00 PM
S2R

That guy must be fresh out of high school. Then again, he might be checking out his future school.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if he knew how to spell --- cuz it is really annoying when people try to write like gangtaz. YEAH BOYEEEEEE.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually they did a comparison test of the S2K vs the NSX and there was a typo stating that both cars did 0-60 in 4.9 sec. It was in a Road and Track that came out earlier this year.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NDAZONE
[B]Actually they did a comparison test of the S2K vs the NSX and there was a typo stating that both cars did 0-60 in 4.9 sec.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by S2R
That guy must be fresh out of high school. Then again, he might be checking out his future school.
I did meet some people who weren't sure about going to the school but the orientation was supposed to be for students who already enrolled (sent in transcripts, scores, SIR, a bunch of other things). Point is, this was is an idiot, thanks for listening guys, you're all much better than my therapist, hah j/k j/k
Old 07-28-2001, 09:15 PM

hehe riverside heh.. prob see ya around there cuz my girlfriend goes there and im there like twice a week. cant miss me spa yellow with hardtop... you dorming or what? might also look out for a blk/blk, a forum member as well...
Old 07-28-2001, 09:23 PM

Yeah dad let me drive slow on the driveway.
Yeah I'm a excellent driver.
K-mart 400 oak st.
ouh oh fart.
Old 07-29-2001, 12:17 AM
S2R

Old 07-29-2001, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by DJHohum
hehe riverside heh.. prob see ya around there cuz my girlfriend goes there and im there like twice a week. cant miss me spa yellow with hardtop... you dorming or what? might also look out for a blk/blk, a forum member as well...
yellow hardtop? I'm jealous hah, but I don't even have an s2k

I'm either dorming in Lothian or Pentland hills, hopefully Lothian.

I'm gonna be movin in around late september so look out for a '01 silver saab 9-3.

Riverside's not good cuz I'm gonna be at the races every weekend in Ontario, hah.

Quick Reply: Met a guy at UCR orientation who "knew" everything about S2ks