S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Me vs modded GSX

Old 06-05-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Me vs modded GSX

Doing some topless cruising (the car was topless, not me you sick bastards) and caught the attention of a black GSX. Very sharp looking, modded from the sound of it. I saw him kinda move toward the freeway onramp in my rearview, so I cut over too. He followed me on the freeway, then blew by. I sped up in the middle lane, him in the left. Got next to him doing about 80mph with the car in 4th gear and waved for him to go. No traffic ahead.

I know I should have downshifted to 3rd, but I didn't. Also had the top down, and that was probably slowin me down a bit. Anyways, I go, and shortly after we take off, I hear his BOV as he shifts. I keep going, and I'm pulling on him. About 1 car length now, and I hear him have to shift again (lol, gotta love 9000rpm). For those counting, that's 2 shifts for him, to 0 shifts for me so far.

When he shifted for the 2nd time, his car started to lose more power, and I kept going to 120mph or so (whatever 4th gear tops out at) and then do a bit in 5th. I'm now several lengths ahead, and I slow. He passes by with a big thumbs up.

I follow him off the freeway. The best part is, we both got on the freeway simply to run our cars and then got off, going back to where we came from. lol.

It actually ended up being a guy I went to high school with and was in my grade. We chatted a bit, driving side by side. He had BOV, boost controller (14psi? 18psi? I can't remember what he was running... also had downpipe, exhaust, aftermarket intercooler) So all in all, it was a great street encounter.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode in a similarly modded GSX before and they seemed to lose power at higher speed. Still pretty quick though....Good Kill
Old 06-06-2002, 04:52 AM

Good kill
From what i've seen and heard its very easy and cheap to make those cars go fast but reliability sucks. Have you ever raced one off the line and if so how did it do?
Old 06-06-2002, 06:45 AM
S2K

I ran one at the track. It was a black G2 GSX, I'm not sure what he has done to the car, but it had WI plates and it also had a aftermarket intercooler in the front. If I recall correctly, I ran a 14.3 and he ran a 14.6 on the 1/4. He was really fast out of the hole, but by 3rd gear...I started to past him and beatem to the finish line. It was a good race, even my brother got it on tape and I can hear him talking smack in the background to his girlfriend. "That's a GSX, all-wheel-drive, my brother's gonna get his @ss whooped!"...turns out he was WRONG!
Old 06-06-2002, 01:34 PM

from my experience (so many around couple years ago), GSX's don't have much up top. around 3rd, they weaken considerably. they are very quick out the hole though (AWD obviously.. ) most of the guys at the track, with boost controller, etc, run around 14.8-14.3 when i've seen them....BUT, i did go once couple of years ago where i got shocked. THAT was a different story. there were two white ones, NO NOS written allllll over the cars, laptop in the shotgun seat and very nicely done overall. everyone went crazy b/c they said they were the two fastest GSX's in the country (all over the magazines, etc). i never knew, but i was curious. man, they didn't disappoint. they ran low 10's all day long. i was thoroughly impressed with their launch and 1st gear. looked like it was shot out of a cannon and never lost its momentum. the crowd went wild and i found new respect for that car's ability. lucky for us, not all of the GSX's are like that!
Old 06-06-2002, 01:37 PM

I love my gsx Off the line it would have given you hard time. Good kill anyways
Old 06-06-2002, 01:39 PM

Yesterday, I ran into what is an apparent modded GSX(or GS-T whichever) at a red light. I throw few revs at him. He had windows rolled down.. looking straight ahead (I can see his BIG BOOST CONTROLLER) I probalby glanced at him 5-6 times to see if he wanted to play, but he kept on looking straight ahead... When the light changed to green, we both just roll out neither one of us launched.

Later we both ended up emerging on a highway, but he chickens out again... I'm thinking mabe this is the guy Wisconsin S2k killed

Oh, my bad, this one was a white Eclipse. You killed a black one hehe
j/k

Good kill dudde
Old 06-07-2002, 06:27 AM

There is an Eclipse GSX that has the badges removed that hangs on hwy 100. It is silver with black rims. Beware. High 12's at almost 108. That car is no slouch. His high mph impresses me. That means he would beat a lot of cars from a roll too.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MDS2K
[B]Rode in a similarly modded GSX before and they seemed to lose power at higher speed.
Old 06-08-2002, 06:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda Racer
[B]

no wander why that guy in the fast and

Quick Reply: Me vs modded GSX