S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

me vs. FX35

Old 02-12-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_sharp,Feb 12 2006, 09:35 AM
WTF are you guys talking about??? Last time I checked, the fast lane was the one to the far left...

gtfo of this guy, he wasn't in the fast lane.
Read my first post.

If he was in the middle and there were lanes free then thats cool
Old 02-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsBen,Feb 12 2006, 04:20 AM

If you are in the fast lane, then just move to the right instead of dumb ass shit.
feel free to re-read where it says he WAS NOT in the fast lane before you post flaming bullshit like this.

same goes for the other people who are jumping on this guy's back.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:52 PM

i gotta say if some jerk is behind me and im already going as fast as i feel is SAFE atm then screw him. i made the mistake one time of budging for one of these jerks (i was in the fast lane and there was moderate traffic and this jerk was riding me, i wouldve switched lanes if i could but i couldnt- i was already going 80 and i tried flashing my brake lights a couple of times and he kept riding me- i floored it to 94 in my civic and passed a cop. i got a ticket and had to go to traffic school, i'll never make that mistake again) i'll be fair to these jerks but if they are just being a dick then imma fck with them- i'll just drive slower if hes trying to ride me regardless of which lane i am in. i always go at a fair speed, never more than 85 for me through. cant say im not being resonable.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the kind words fellas (with or without sarcasm to those who flamed and stood up for me, respectively)

It was dark and the belt parkway has 3 lanes. People have been known to speed through it and cops over the past couple of years have caught on. They really enforce the speeding regulations on this parkway more than any other road in new york. My friends' got tickets for doing 70mph and most of us probably drive faster than that on average. I use the belt almost on a daily basis and almost everytime, someone is pulled over (usually a ricer). How much faster others drive is none of my freakin business, but when I'm in the "MIDDLE" of the parkway without much traffic late at night, and some douchebag decides to ride me, I am going to return the favor. I'm not at all affraid if they even hit me if i slowed down. It'll be their fault as there are laws against this kind of behavior.

There may be some of you who'd probably go the other way and race dicks like that but, that's not what I'm all about. For the price of what I pay for my car I easily could've gotten an EVO or STi and keep up with vettes and blow doors off the majority of automobiles out there today. I also will not justify the purchase of my car by telling people why I got an underpowered gas guzzler that eats a quart of oil every thousand miles. Because like most enthusiasts, I was drawn to the car I decided on for more reasons good than bad and one of them is not street racing.

Having established that, I still enjoy reading about street racing, street encounters or kills or whatever other forums call it, because it's both good fiction with a possibility of it being real (not to say any of what I read on this forum so far is BS). Maybe I'm living vicariously through people who do/condone street racing. I've done my share of killing during my honda prelude days and getting pretty close to 30 yrs old, I kinda have other priorities in life and my rx8 makes me feel like a kid yet with a touch of practicality for me and my significant other.

If I had the means I'd probably get either an s2k/evo/sti as my second car.

BTW, to the guy who called me a douche bag, I'm a douchebag without a 200 dollar speeding ticket and is without 4+ points on my license.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bigfishs,Feb 12 2006, 09:21 AM
Ahh, no. If the lanes to the right are empty, and there is no one in front of you, it doesnt matter what speed you are going.

If there is someone behind you who wants to go faster, move the flip over.

Too many drivers over here act like they own the fast lane, and it is there for their crusing comfort.

Imagine if people on the auotbahn drove like most americans. It would be total carnage.

one of the reasons auotbahn works so well is that all drivers respect each other and use left lane ONLY as passing lane. but then again, maybe americans drive like they do because we dont have a auotbahn..?