S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

me vs. FX35

Old 02-10-2006, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default me vs. FX35

I normally don't race on the freeway because anything with a lot of torque would pretty much beat me in a straight line. I did however, have an infiniti suv ride up pretty close to me on the Belt Parkway. Out of annoyance I just hit my brakes and slowed to freak the SOB out. He hit the breaks pretty hard too and I just love the look on their faces from my rearviews... you know when you can't hear that they're cussing you out but could still see their lips and arms flail out of anger.

So anyway, I dropped it to 2nd and took that baby all the way up to redline and went as fast as 80mph then slowed down again. In all honesty I wasn't about to appease his appetite for a dogfight on the freeway but I love F'in with people. The second I took off so did he. I made it look like I was going to race him but I just backed down to a cruise and he did one of those ricey fly-by's and kept going.

I know my area and know which freeways/highways/parkways have the most cops. The belt parkway had the most cops marked and unmarked of any highway in new york city. I also have a sixth sense in detecting which cars could be unmarked vehicles. So, I let the dumbass in the FX35 fly by because I noticed a white crown victoria in the distance and slowed down. The white crown victoria then began to flash its' sirens and lights as the douche in the infiniti flew by.

Seconds later I drive even slower and as I drove pass the $200 dollar speeding ticket, I gave him a friendly honk and a wave.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm a bit confused

You're posting a "race" story on an s2000 forum when you're driving an RX8??? Not to mention i wouldn't exactly call that a race, more like an encounter with a dude who was trying to haul ass on the freeway and another dude who wouldn't move out of the way.

not really trying to flame, but wouldn't this post most likely belong on an rx8 forum?

Just a question.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jshimer23,Feb 10 2006, 12:56 PM
i'm a bit confused

You're posting a "race" story on an s2000 forum when you're driving an RX8??? Not to mention i wouldn't exactly call that a race, more like an encounter with a dude who was trying to haul ass on the freeway and another dude who wouldn't move out of the way.

not really trying to flame, but wouldn't this post most likely belong on an rx8 forum?

Just a question.
i think he said the other day the rx-8 forums dont have a "race/street encounter" section so he post here...

good kill, well sort of
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 PM

I understand how you feel... the guy was on my tail in the middle of the parkway with no traffic at all. He could've easily changed lanes but, he was just being a dick.

and no, rx8 forums don't support street racing nor encounters or any kind. Kinda against forum rules. I'm sure if mazda made a balls fast rx8 stock we would've gotten our own 'kills' section like the rx7 guys.

Not having a racing/encounters section is their way of telling others that rx8 drivers are more mature. But, in all honesty we can't beat many cars out there in stock form going straight. So it'd be pretty embarassing for us to have a kills section.

and I read about a mini cooper a few threads below getting his ass kicked by a wrx. so i figured anything would be fine in this section.

I'm a member of a few forums, from cars to video games. I just found the s2k forum to be more entertaining and engaging than some of the forums out there.

Sorry for the post above, I guess I'll tell my future encounters to a coworker who doesn't care about anything but the new intel macbooks. =(
Old 02-10-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

na. you got me all wrong. It's fine. like i said, i didn't mean to flame. Post away, i couldn't care less.

Since you didn't say in the first post that the lanes on either side of you were open, i figured there was traffic and he just came up on you fast to try to get you to move. Now that i see he could've just passed, I understand better. my apologies.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:45 PM

yeah, I kinda have to type pretty quick here. I'm at work without much work to do... but still have to look like i'm doing actual work. hehehe.

thanks,
Old 02-10-2006, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY OTHER PEOPLE SHOOT THEM ON THE HWY.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Feb 10 2006, 01:59 PM
AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY OTHER PEOPLE SHOOT THEM ON THE HWY.
lol
Old 02-10-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnimagixRx8,Feb 10 2006, 01:10 PM
He could've easily changed lanes but, he was just being a dick.
If you were in the fast lane and didnt move out of the way you are the dick. Empty lanes to the right or not. Keep right except to pass.

If that was not the case then fair enough

Old 02-10-2006, 01:44 PM

^^^ Thank you

Quick Reply: me vs. FX35