S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

a kia and a thunderbird

Old 07-23-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default a kia and a thunderbird

Today while driving down a 2 lane road, I saw a car up a ways in front of me that I thought was a mazda. He had a giant sticker with what looked like a mazda symbol on his back window. However, something looked "off" about it. As I got closer I realized it almost looked like the mazda symbol was turned sideways. I finally realized what it was. The car was a kia, and he apparently got a custom made "K" that really looked more like he just took a mazda logo and turned it sideways.

Once I got behind him he made it fairly obvious he wanted to either show off or race me. I sat behind him patiently in traffic. Meanwhile he was kinda zipping around and got a ways ahead of me. It was easy enough to hear where he was, since his farty rattling exhaust kept sputtering as if playing a game of marco polo. lol. (they make exhausts for kias?) After while I had worked my way behind him again and he had sped up enough for me to get next to him.

I got next to him, and without even hesitating, he downshifted to take off. I downshifted and as I left him easily, I heard him bouncing off his rev limiter. Apparently he forgot to shift. Not that it mattered. anyways.

Then yesterday I was getting taco bell (mmmmm) and on my way to taco bell, I was in the left lane when I suddenly heard a loud noise on my right. It was some ford thunderbird doing basically a ricer flyby. Annoying to say the least, because his car was actually really loud.

After pulling out of taco bell, heading back the way i came, he turns out from another restaurant on the other side of the road. Apparently we were both hungry. lol. He pulled out and got a ways ahead of me, weaving like a complete ASS through traffic. Then he'd be up ahead of me, and just basically downshift for no reason to take off. No one next to him, no one racing, just to hear his own tires chirp.

I worked my way up, and got next to him at a light. shortly after the light, it went from 2 lanes to 1, so I knew he was going to race. The light turned and we took off, with him getting a bit of squeal from his tires. I was ahead of him the whole time, but I was surprised at how fast his car was. It must have been quite modded because by 80 I only had about 5-6 cars on him. I know those ford thunderturds aren't that fast, so I imagine he had a fair amount of work done. It was also a manual.