S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Just beat a Ford GT

Old 05-16-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batikan,May 16 2006, 11:57 AM
Matt, did you increase the boost again???
alittle...

I was at 17psi....So figure around 450rwhp when i raced him.

Hey Burak, did you every put the video together from last week?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice kill, OG.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM

Contrary to what others have said on this thread, you shouldn't have any trouble with any Ford GT. Close, but no bananas for the GT.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:29 AM

I can't believe how many of you have high-hp S2000 nowadays, and race supercars. Pretty cool!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by fperra,May 17 2006, 09:25 PM
Contrary to what others have said on this thread, you shouldn't have any trouble with any Ford GT. Close, but no bananas for the GT.
Holy Mother Teresa! You have more than 500 rwhp and you're in my state? I should get a ride or test-drive from you!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:03 AM

Let's quantify that by saying STOCK GT which most are not...with minor mods they're running 10's at 130+mph. I don't think there are many (if any) S2000's running around that can touch that.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by derryck,May 20 2006, 10:03 AM
Let's quantify that by saying STOCK GT which most are not...with minor mods they're running 10's at 130+mph. I don't think there are many (if any) S2000's running around that can touch that.
On the contrary, I dout that most Ford GT's are modified. More likely a few get performance mods, but most are stock. My neighbor has one and it's bone stock. Gets driven about 1 to 2 hours per month.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:45 PM

I know of 3 locally and all are modified but it's anybody's guess as to the overall population of them...it's small and scattered.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fperra,May 20 2006, 04:47 PM
On the contrary, I dout that most Ford GT's are modified. More likely a few get performance mods, but most are stock. My neighbor has one and it's bone stock. Gets driven about 1 to 2 hours per month.
um, many of the Ford GT buyers have money falling out their assholes. The Ford GT is very easily modded, for big gains in power. Not so for much of the competition. People buying the Ford GT for something other than investment or status purposes will know that, and it is silly to assume they would ignore it. Yes, there are people who buy the car just to tool around on the occasional weekend, and would never dream of pushing it hard or changing so much as the exhaust. But there are also those who bought it precisely to push it. It is folly to presume to know how "the majority" will behave based on one single example. Especially an example so far on the conservative end it is almost pathetic. The car was made to run hard. It is specifically designed to gallop, not prance. The people who spend all the money to get one and then don't ride it hard are definitely in the minority.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by no_really,May 21 2006, 08:42 AM
um, many of the Ford GT buyers have money falling out their assholes. The Ford GT is very easily modded, for big gains in power. Not so for much of the competition. People buying the Ford GT for something other than investment or status purposes will know that, and it is silly to assume they would ignore it. Yes, there are people who buy the car just to tool around on the occasional weekend, and would never dream of pushing it hard or changing so much as the exhaust. But there are also those who bought it precisely to push it. It is folly to presume to know how "the majority" will behave based on one single example. Especially an example so far on the conservative end it is almost pathetic. The car was made to run hard. It is specifically designed to gallop, not prance. The people who spend all the money to get one and then don't ride it hard are definitely in the minority.
I respectfully disagree with your asssesment. There are always exceptions, but in general, the type of people (doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, etc.) who buy cars like Ferraris, Lambo's, Ford GT's, etc. don't mod their cars. They buy them for the status they reflect on their owner. Only a true car nut (like me) would want to squeeze any more power or performance out of a Ford GT.

And where did you get your expert knowledge that they are easy to mod? Have you modded one?

Quick Reply: Just beat a Ford GT