S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Just beat a Ford GT

Old 05-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It's so much fun putting people in their place. Those Ford GT40s are a real hoot.

I have a neighbor that just bought a white one with blue stripes. I'll have to give him a go before he juices it. He insists on calling it a Ford GT and I reply with F-40 and it pisses him off.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OGPackin,May 12 2006, 04:15 PM
Ohhhman im still shackin it was so awesome. I was sitting at a light to make a left turn and he pulls up in the turning lane next to me. I look over to admire the car and to give the guy a thumbs up, but he doesnt look over.....errrr So, im like ohhhyah! I'll show you...lol We make the turn and i goose it a little, but he doesnt bite. Im in the left lane as we come up to a light thats changing red. I have to move over to the right lane to let this car get over to the left turning lane. The GT moves over to the left lane as we stop at the red light. He stops a little behind me, so we dont have any eye contact at all. The light turns red and as if we both new it was coming, we bunch it. Out the whole i get about a qtr car lead on him even as my tires start to break loose. I let up on the gas some, and he comes about even with me. Once my tires grab im pulling ahead. Going into 2nd, and all the thru 2nd gear i have almost a half car lead on him. I shift into 3rd and i still have a qtr/half car lead on him, but by then we caught up to traffic and we have to slow down. I wait up for him and all he can do is smile and shake his head as he drives by......lol It was great!! $100,000+ car beaten by a $32,000 car....Gotta luv it!!
congrats on your win but please don't spare us the sentiment that your car only cost $32000 if you're beating this car. add up all of the money you've spent on mods and then after all of that you're comparing a car that is completely stock compared to your car. i have a feeling the GT would have kicked the crap out of my $32000 car. and after all is said and done you're not driving a mid-engined v10 that will continue to appreciate in value.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what if he is comparing his car to a stock car? The Ford GT is one of the fastest production cars in the world. This was a street race and he beat him fairly. It does not matter what mods the Ford could have or how fast it could be or should have been... Not to mention the fact that it is completely irrelevant whether or not the car will appreciate in value. Why over-analyze a street race? It's ridiculous!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn your car is sweet
Old 05-13-2006, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and after all is said and done you're not driving a mid-engined v10 that will continue to appreciate in value.
You do know that the GT is supercharged V8 right?
Old 05-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by sodaking663rd,May 13 2006, 11:19 AM
congrats on your win but please don't spare us the sentiment that your car only cost $32000 if you're beating this car. add up all of the money you've spent on mods and then after all of that you're comparing a car that is completely stock compared to your car. i have a feeling the GT would have kicked the crap out of my $32000 car. and after all is said and done you're not driving a mid-engined v10 that will continue to appreciate in value.
Dayum! Who pissed in your cornflakes... I promise it wasnt me.... You may want to wash that down with some haterade...
Old 05-13-2006, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U,May 13 2006, 11:43 AM
So what if he is comparing his car to a stock car. The Ford GT is one of the fastest production cars in the world. This was a street race and he beat him fairly. It does not matter what mods the Ford could have or how fast it could be or should have been not to mention the fact that it is completely irrelevant whether or not the car will appreciate in value. Why over-analyze a street race it's ridiculous.
Thxs bro!!
Old 05-13-2006, 01:10 PM

and after all is said and done you're not driving a mid-engined v10 that will continue to appreciate in value.

You do know that the GT is supercharged V8 right?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OGPackin,May 12 2006, 07:15 PM
Ohhhman im still shackin it was so awesome. I was sitting at a light to make a left turn and he pulls up in the turning lane next to me. I look over to admire the car and to give the guy a thumbs up, but he doesnt look over.....errrr So, im like ohhhyah! I'll show you...lol We make the turn and i goose it a little, but he doesnt bite. Im in the left lane as we come up to a light thats changing red. I have to move over to the right lane to let this car get over to the left turning lane. The GT moves over to the left lane as we stop at the red light. He stops a little behind me, so we dont have any eye contact at all. The light turns red and as if we both new it was coming, we bunch it. Out the whole i get about a qtr car lead on him even as my tires start to break loose. I let up on the gas some, and he comes about even with me. Once my tires grab im pulling ahead. Going into 2nd, and all the thru 2nd gear i have almost a half car lead on him. I shift into 3rd and i still have a qtr/half car lead on him, but by then we caught up to traffic and we have to slow down. I wait up for him and all he can do is smile and shake his head as he drives by......lol It was great!! $100,000+ car beaten by a $32,000 car....Gotta luv it!!
Congrats bro
Old 05-13-2006, 04:42 PM

I'm curious, are you running 20 psi with pump gas? I assume the 3 mm head gasket and 2.2 head are used to lower static compression?

Quick Reply: Just beat a Ford GT