S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Judged as worthy by car, not performance..

Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mostly see those cars on the street, and they know better, so they just bow their heads. However, every damn Civic on the planet wants to waste my gas.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:46 AM

Lol, its like that in every car, but I did get a lot more races when I had my Evo. I would have guys pulling up all the time tring to run me. Now with my Cobra, I get a few races but the majority is ricers for some reason. I cant even get Vette's to bite
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Jun 6 2007, 05:40 AM
I mostly see those cars on the street, and they know better, so they just bow their heads. However, every damn Civic on the planet wants to waste my gas.

For the most part i get left alone. i do get picked on every once and a while i pick on some one else.

just seems like ricers want to play.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Jun 6 2007, 04:24 AM
It's funny how stereotypes play into our street encounters. If I see a Japanese car (evo, sti, 350z) my first reaction is to try to find out if they want to play. If I see a European car (porsche, bmw) I immediately lump them into the "old guy who doesn't push his car" category and go on my own way unless they persuit a run with me. With american cars it seems to go car by car. A mustang/firebird/camaro would get thrown into the potential encounter group, while a corvette is thrown into the "old guy" group.
true true i only try to mess with japanese cars for the most part. Euros usually never want to play
Old 06-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Overall it seems people tend to like to put other people in a "box". I've definitely been guilty of assuming one thing or another about another driver on the road based on his car, his age etc. Sometimes my assumption is correct, sometimes not. Usually I act based on my assumption until proven otherwise. For example when I enountered the older gentleman (mid 50's) in the 996 GT3, I assumed he wouldn't push the car. Boy was I wrong. This guy definitely was on the lunatic fringe. He was passing cars on the shoulder at high speed, weaving in and out of TIGHT gaps in traffic etc. etc. To be honest, I got a little carried away myself. It's like someone posted earlier in this thread: there are certain cars you just want to see and hear run. The GT3 is definitely one of those cars for me.

The Z4M is decently quick (not superfast) but a lot of folks regard it the same way they regard a 2.5L Z4 etc. To be frank, that's fine by me. So some of my encounters have been because they thought I was an easy kill. I sometimes toy with the idea of removing the M badges from the exterior but haven't done it yet.... A couple though (like the guy yesterday in the SLK55 and the 997 non S) knew the deal before we started playing. I spoke to the gent in the SLK before we started and the guy in the 0997 gave me a very "knowing and respectful" nod before we got going.

In any case, it's always interesting to me how the human mind works...
Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by stitos2k,Jun 6 2007, 03:49 AM
I think you guys missed it entirely.

Cars like the Evo are super easy to mod and make huge power, the bmw and porche snobs don't want to get embarrased by a car that cost a 1/3 as much with 4 doors.
No, you got it all wrong. Guys that spend the $ on a Porsche couldn't give a rats ass about an Evo with a bumblebee on it. They bought the Porsche because it's a Porsche.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=dewke,Jun 7 2007, 07:35 AM]No, you got it all wrong.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Jun 7 2007, 09:42 PM

I'll just admit right now that I'm an elitist; I'd rather have a purpose-built Sports or GT car than a car that was intended to be a family car and was made faster (a classic example might be the Buick Grand National, it's cool and all, but I'll walk first).
bro, the STi/Evo are exactly that. family cars that were hot rodded for WRC competition. yes, there are major differences between and impreza and a STI and a Evo and a lancer, but not THAT much.

purpose built cars are: 911's/vette/s2000/nsx, cars that run on their own platform.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Jun 7 2007, 08:45 PM
bro, the STi/Evo are exactly that. family cars that were hot rodded for WRC competition. yes, there are major differences between and impreza and a STI and a Evo and a lancer, but not THAT much.

purpose built cars are: 911's/vette/s2000/nsx, cars that run on their own platform.
Not sure about the Lancer, but the Impreza was created specifically for WRC, and only offered to the public in different trim levels because of WRC rules .
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Jun 8 2007, 10:59 AM
Not sure about the Lancer, but the Impreza was created specifically for WRC, and only offered to the public in different trim levels because of WRC rules .
the mits lancer has been around since the 70's, and started as basic transportation and then was used for WRC.

Quick Reply: Judged as worthy by car, not performance..