S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Jeep srt8

Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep srt8

This happened last fall before winter. I read another guys post today about an srt8 and him beating it and didn't want to steal his thread, so i wrote up my own. Soooo here's how it went..

I was sitting at a Walmart with some friends. We all cleaned our cars and spread the word about a cruise night. We were parked there chillin about to leave and some hillrod comes flying past us, truck full of doods(camo hats FTW). He turns around trying to "drift?" around a light poll and the driver come flying up to all of us and parks by me...*sigh*...He and 4 guys get out looking straight at my car, he said the funniest thing ever..hes like "nice miata lil bitch!"

All i could do is laugh. So i decided to go with it, im like "thanks. nice jeep. srt8 huh? is it fast?". blah blah blah he gets all douchey and keeps eggin me on to race....and well, i personally don't like late night country road racing but i just went for it. Peer pressure sunk in and braggin rights sounded kinda nice, if i win that is.

We went out to the road where evveryone in town goes to race and well needless to say there were some other guys there, 2 srt4s, Evo8(very fast), a Mazda(turbo 2.3l), some other Mazda all ghetto'd out, a bone stock, very clean dark green rx7, some old doods in there Camero and firebird(not sure what was done to them but the sound they made was incredible), then of course all the big ol' diesel trucks with the coolers in the bed and all other necessities for the night of fun. Plus all the guys who were at Walmart came and backed me up..so this was going to be a bigger show than i thought. There had to be easily 20+ cars along this road..

I told him the only way ill race is from a 30mph roll. he agrees, of course runs his mouth about how bad hes going to beat me that i can start however i want.. So we line up about 50 ft away from the 1/4 mile line and start rolling. Im in 2nd getting all nervous, i had no idea jeep made a srt8 and the truck sounded mean as hell and i really thought that i was going to lose. Well we hit the line i punch it. To cut it short, beat him by half a car. Kid didnt even stop...no thumbs up, nothing....sore loooooser i guess..plus it must of been a disappointing ride home do lose to a...miata lol

I turn around and go back. High five some friends.
Then of course some of the other guys come up to us started talking about racing. I backed out and called it a night, i was all shaking from adrenaline and excitement i didn't even think i could drive home..I ended up talking to a few of the guys about how i had my turbo kit and how i was planning on putting on that winter(2010). Like me they were interested as to what a boosted s2k is capable of and invited all of us to chill with them again next summer(present).

We all said "f**k it" to the cruise and we all stayed out at there and had a good time watching other guys race and got to meet a few new friends....good night fer sur!

***SIDE NOTE***His jeep was filled with ppl, im sure it was weighed down big time, plus the srt8 weighs like 4000lbs. If we raced from a dig with no passengers he would have eaten me alive. But, my S boosted now. Just finished getting the kit on. I still haven't driven it yet though, waiting to get it tuned, new clutch, some gauges and of course way better weather. But once i get her running again, it'll whole different story.

Jim
Old 04-23-2011, 01:06 PM

sorry about the novel, had no idea it was that long lol
Old 04-23-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a great read. Thanks for posting
The longer the better imo.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm alittle confused but ok story I guess, those jeep srt8s should slautter you at a dig or roll weight might have saved you lol
Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 AM

like i said, im sure if we did it again, no passengers, he would have gotten me fer sur. he was def catching me hard, for some reason 2 & 3rd were my only chance of survival against it. he def would of beat me if there was another 50 ft. I was just as shocked as you..
Old 04-25-2011, 12:34 AM

Why did you started on 2nd gear going 30mph??

I raced one when I was stock & got beat by about a bus length. They do about 13.2 at the 1/4 mile & 0-60 in 4.5
Old 04-26-2011, 06:54 AM

Yeah, that thing should have spanked you from a dig or roll.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

false about the whole roll thing. street racing is street racing, anything goes. if you know your car and what rolls you are good from then you can BEAT alot of stuff that you shouldnt. from roll racing quarter mile time doesnt mean much nor does your 0-60. If u did a 30 roll you NEEED to be in first. i personally like 25mph rolls, that puts me right at my peak tq mark. i keep next to and slightly pull on cars that trap 105mph at the drag strip. A jeep srt8 stock traps 102mphish. i pull on them from rolls all the time unless they are modded, then your kind of screwed. lol. if you know your car and know how to drive it anything can happen, you can put alot of cars to shame.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM

My friend just bought a Jeep SRT8 completely stock and i have a 2000 s2000 with intake and exhaust and 2 years experience driving it and i raced my friend with my car completely empty of everything and his jeep 4 people deep and we raced from about a 25 roll which is about 6500 rpms in first gear and he ate me alive by a good three cars by the time we hit 100.... so idk if the SRT8 driver you ran into didnt use the little slap shit thing and put it down into first but theres no way you should have even stayed close no matter how many people he had unless you had gears, spray, or stroked out motor... but anyway good run i hate assholes like that. btw we also raced from a 50 roll... me in second.. same result 3 cars... the jeeps are NASTY.. so nice inside to.. luxurious and fast
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plastic doorhandles are super luxurious.

Quick Reply: Jeep srt8