S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

impossible kills

Old 07-23-2001, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impossible kills

I've been reading a lot of posts lately about who killed who in their S2K and often times find myself laughing in disbelief. Let's put aside all mention of driver skill, missed shifts, and mods and look at the cold hard numbers. Here are some cars/bikes that the S2K will NEVER kill assuming equal driver/rider ability:

Any 600+ CC sportbike
Ferrari 360 (Modena or Spider)
Ferrari 355 (F1 tranny or 6-spd)
Porsche 911 (Turbo, C2, C4, Coupe or Cabrio)
Dodge Viper (GTS or RT10)
Chevy Corvette (Z06 or standard)
Mercedes C32/SLK32/E55/CLK55
2001 BMW M3/M5/2002 M Coupe/2002 M Roadster/Z8
Toyota Supra TT

There are many more I'm sure, but if you find yourself patting yourself on the back for "killing" one of these cars, you are either smoking some really good crack, lying to yourself, or the driver wasn't racing you or didn't know what he was doing.

Now before you go flaming the hell out of me, which I'm sure will come, I obviously realize that a big part of racing is driver skill and not just how much your ride costs. But please please please, stop talking about how you "killed" a Viper GTS because of your perfect launch and act like the other driver was really trying.

Thanks...flame away.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:31 AM

Hey, how about those obvious kills that people make up to be the sh!t ?!? You know what I'm talking about S2000 killing sub $20k econo-box. If you beat one of these cars, keep it to yourself and stop wasting s2000online bandwidth.

1. Civic Si
2. Civic DX, CX, EX, HX
3. Integra GS, RS, LS, GS-R
4. Prelude Si, vtec
5. Nissan SE-R, 240SX
6. Celica GT, GT-S
7. Hyundai, Kia, Ford Focus, Chevy Cavalier, etc.
8. Luxo sedans: IS300, ES300

If you can't beat these cars stock, go to a driving school.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:56 AM

Couldn't agree with you more! The other side of the coin is just as embarassing...if not more.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cosworth
[B]Hey, how about those obvious kills that people make up to be the sh!t ?!?
Old 07-23-2001, 09:20 AM

While I agree with most of the cars on the list, the Mercedes I believe would be housed by an S2000. In fact, it has been demonstaretd in comparison tests to beat the SLK 320. The only Mercedes that might give the S2000 some trouble would be one of the AMG's.
I would also like to point out that all drivers aren't equal so whether you beat somebody because you have a better car or are a better driver, you've still beaten them. It's especially nice when the car you've beaten is considerably more expensive or the opposing driver thinks his car is better. I, as well as most others, enjoy hearing these stories and share in the exicetement of seeing the S2000 put the smack down.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:25 AM

Please note, the Mercedes-Benzes that I listed are ALL AMG cars. The SLK32 (not the SLK320), C32, E55, CLK55, and I forgot the CL55 are all tuned by AMG with 349HP or better motors and will absolutely destroy an S2K, even with their automatic transmissions.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:56 AM

BostonS2K:
A fair list you've given. You have to understand this, anything can happen on the street/races. A mishift/wrong gear/NO BALLS and so on....A win is a WIN, if the individual have a faster car (gts/z06) and loose due to his underestimation of the S, that's a kill. By underestimate, I mean that he knew that he's racing a HONDA, so he doesn't bother trying his best, didn't drive the car the proper ways.(Just to prove my point, I killed a VR-4/Supra TT at the track before. I don't talk about it because i know if that car is properly driven, it'll hand me my ass.) Who would have believe, if you see a post about a Civic Si kill a S2000. I saw 15.xxx ET time for some S, so that civic can definitely spank our ASS. Yes that count as a KILL, you SUCK you LOOSE.

Cosworth:
I agree with you. But when you encountered one on the road, God know what he got under-hood. 90% of the time it will be an All Show No Go ride, but there are the other 10% that are capable of spanking our asses.
Nick
Old 07-23-2001, 09:58 AM

I guess I don't find this habit as irritating as others, but to each his own.

My only comment would be that it is difficult to put a blanket statement like that out and have it hold water.

I am pretty sure that you need to qualify that list with years of make. For example, one of the very old 911 Turbos (while very fast for its day) would likely not be able to keep up with a new S2K. in addition, there a plenty of years of corvettes that would simply get spanked.

there's exceptions to every rule, I guess.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:10 AM

Da Hapa:

Yes, you're right. A 1971 Porsche 911 wouldn't hold a candle to an S2K... I'm talking about 1995 or newer 911's, the new BMWs and Mercs, etc.

YoungS2K:

I understand that a win is a win in the real world because there ARE bad drivers out there who do miss shifts, etc. But there are just some really blatantly stupid posts out there (not necessarily all in S2KI) where so-and-so absolutely destroyed a 2001 Yamaha R1 and is so proud of himself. Please!
Old 07-23-2001, 10:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shingles
[B]

except to say that around here, there are plenty of those "econo-boxes" that will eat S2000 for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.

Quick Reply: impossible kills