S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

"I'll race your car for slips..."

Old 02-24-2002, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the funniest things that has ever happened on a Saturday night, I hope you enjoy this and laugh only half as hard as I did.

We were waiting for a table at Chili's, 4 Houstooks. I was talking to a guy I know from the street who just happened to be at Chili's as well. As we're standing there, a guy walks up to us. I recognized that he was the owner of the black modifed (at least wheels/body kit) Prelude that was parked right in front of the restaurant. He walks right up to Moyopoyo, and says, "I'll race your car for slips..." Mo gave him the typical Mo response...he stared blankly at the guy...and said nothing. I sat there...waiting for the kid to bust up laughing at his own joke...but, no laughter. I thought surely it was a joking reference to F&F. I realized, this guy seemed serious. I looked at Mo waiting for a response. Mo shook his head silently. I looked up at the guy..."I'll run you for slips", I said. "In what?", he asked. "An S2000", I explained. "I've got 450 horsepower at the wheels." he told me. "I don't care, I'll run you." I said, calling his bluff. "Ok man." "Alright, let's go right now", I tell him. The guy I was previously talking to butts in, "My money's on him" and he points to me...adding to the smack aura that was around us. "Oh, well my girl's here and...", he starts with his excuse. "I thought you wanted to run?", I came back with. "Yeah...uh...so is it stock?" "No.", I said. "Well you can't do much to those anyway, intake and exhaust doesn't much.", he informed me. "Yeah well, it's supercharged, that helps." I said just incase he actually though I wasn't a worthy competitor. "What do you have to the wheels?", he inquired. By this time I was pretty sure he was totally bluffing and was full of it, so I felt had nothing to hide about my numbers. "305 to the wheels.", I explained. "Oh, ok, 305, uh, I got 450 to the wheels..."...then I interupted again, "Do you wanna run it or not?" "Yeah but my girl is here and..." he started again. I told him, "Let's just go run we'll be right back.", and I started to walk to the door. "Yeah I just need to tell my girl, that's what I'm saying." "Oh, ok...cool", I told him. He walked off to the back of the restaurant and I sat down with the Houstooks.

About 5 minutes later the guy emerges from the back of the restaurant. He walks up to me and asks some more about the car. "Jus tell me one more thing about your car...do you have NOS?" "Nope", I responded. He interupted himself to formally introduced himself, shook my hand, etc. He asked if it was the Jackson Racing kit, to which I informed him there was no such thing. I told him it was a Comptech kit. He threw in some more BS about his car but by this time I wasn't really listening so I don't remember the details. He said he'd be back in a minute and went back to the rear of the restaurant. After he walked off, I commented, "Yeah, I don't think he's coming back."

So we were still waiting for our table 15 minutes later (it was busy), and the kid came back again. This time he was much more humble when he spoke. I'm not sure how he started the conversation but it soon led you, "Yeah you'll beat me...but I'm about to put a turbo kit on my car..." So we started talking cars. He said the he initially was going to put a 5.0 engine in his car and convert it to RWD. I acted like that was a realistic idea and said, "cool". He told me that his engine was totally built so it was pretty quick, but "You'll probably beat me." He mentioned that the 5.0 conversion was going to be too expensive so he was having a turbo kit installed, and that he'd have 500 RWHP soon. "So, I'll run you in a month", man, I'm tired of hearing that. I asked him, "You say it's a built motor, do you have the stock pistons still?", I asked wondering about his future turbo setup and his current compression ratio. He paused, then admitted, "I don't really know anything about the engine...I just got the car..." It took every ounce of my humility to not laugh out loud. He's only put 1,500 miles on the car, or some crap like that. He was clueless. From there it just went downhill, he was obviously not interested in running, nor did he have a chance in hell in even keeping up through one gear. He changed it from an "I'll run your car for slips" talk to a "It was nice to meet you talk" and peaced out back to his table. Ghetto.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:03 AM

Originally posted by Wesmaster
hah.. that would of been great if Mo.. took that challenge.. just looking at it.. no front mounted intercooler.. unless he had some ridiculous shot of NOS.. he'd be toast
Old 02-24-2002, 09:27 AM
Sev

I can't beleive you actually took the time and effort to talk to the kid, I would just be like, "ya, ya, ya, well that's nice, I am sure your car is very fast, bye"

I can't stand big talkers who don't know what they are talking about it really annoys me to have to listen to that kind of BS... makes me do this. and this and a lot of this
Old 02-24-2002, 09:50 AM

someone should have said "i'll race for your girl ...cause your car sucks!"
Old 02-24-2002, 10:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]We were waiting for a table at Chili's, 4 Houstooks.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by moyopoyo

what are you talking about...i was like "you wanna run me? you wanna run me? you don't know who you're talking to do you? i'm moyo!...that's when you busted in with "oh i'm wussmaster, i'm supercharged, i'm the best" and then i drew back, 'cause i didn't want to interupted you...you know, 'cause that's rude.
LOL, funny...
that'll teach those damn guys that estimates hp...
"Oh, I've added and 4inch exhaust, so 2hp gainx20=40hp gain" That's what I hear all the time from those freakin' people!
Old 02-24-2002, 12:34 PM

man, theres some weird people in houston.

great story WES.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:26 PM

Funny shit!
Thats actually how I met "kl0n0pin" from this forum.

When he still had his S2000 (now has a new M3), somehow we got talking online, and he mentioned easily destroying a supra TT. I wanted to see what he was really made of, so I asked what he had and that unless the supra was stock (not many) and he was SC or Turbo, then it was an unlikely story. I played along though, I was curious.

He got very pushy very quickly and offered to run me for $400 or $500 (don't remember exactly, but it was one of those figures). Right away he offered to meet me anywhere and anytime. Like I said, very pushy. I had my civic that day at work so I told him that I would have to go get the supra. He said that he would be at my work within an hour,for me to be ready to race, and see the back of his car and his Turbo.

I quickly called up a buddy of mine with a modded RX-7 and got him all excited, so he ran over wanting a piece of the s2000 too. We waited outside (I still had my civic but was very willing to make a quick run home for the supra), thinking that he would not show up. All of a sudded, he pulls up in what looks like a brand new "STOCK" s2000. Now, I had the car so I know what they are made of and what to look for. As he was pulling up, we were looking for the front mount or a SC whine. Saw and heard neither. So we figured NOS.

He kept talking shit for about 20 minutes, very ready to race. All he said was for us not to worry about what he had under the hood, but would not open it. So once again we thought NOS. Finally, I got serious and asked if he had the money. He said no, but he could get it. So I started walking to my car, telling him to get the $$ and I will run to get my car and meet him back there in 30 minutes. As I am walking away, he starts laughing and finally admits he was full of shit. That was after about an hour of talking shit online and then another 30 minutes or so in the parking lot.

We ended up talking for awhile and he seemed like a funny guy. I think he just wanted to hang out or BS about cars. His new M3 is real nice I heard.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by pnty drpr
Funny shit!
Thats actually how I met "kl0n0pin" from this forum.

When he still had his S2000 (now has a new M3), somehow we got talking online, and he mentioned easily destroying a supra TT. I wanted to see what he was really made of, so I asked what he had and that unless the supra was stock (not many) and he was SC or Turbo, then it was an unlikely story. I played along though, I was curious.

He got very pushy very quickly and offered to run me for $400 or $500 (don't remember exactly, but it was one of those figures). Right away he offered to meet me anywhere and anytime. Like I said, very pushy. I had my civic that day at work so I told him that I would have to go get the supra. He said that he would be at my work within an hour,for me to be ready to race, and see the back of his car and his Turbo.

I quickly called up a buddy of mine with a modded RX-7 and got him all excited, so he ran over wanting a piece of the s2000 too. We waited outside (I still had my civic but was very willing to make a quick run home for the supra), thinking that he would not show up. All of a sudded, he pulls up in what looks like a brand new "STOCK" s2000. Now, I had the car so I know what they are made of and what to look for. As he was pulling up, we were looking for the front mount or a SC whine. Saw and heard neither. So we figured NOS.

He kept talking shit for about 20 minutes, very ready to race. All he said was for us not to worry about what he had under the hood, but would not open it. So once again we thought NOS. Finally, I got serious and asked if he had the money. He said no, but he could get it. So I started walking to my car, telling him to get the $$ and I will run to get my car and meet him back there in 30 minutes. As I am walking away, he starts laughing and finally admits he was full of shit. That was after about an hour of talking shit online and then another 30 minutes or so in the parking lot.

We ended up talking for awhile and he seemed like a funny guy. I think he just wanted to hang out or BS about cars. His new M3 is real nice I heard.
WTH? Now he has an E46 M3?
Old 02-24-2002, 06:03 PM

Yeah, he got an E46 M3 convertible in smurf blue.
He was threatening to spray that and then come after me for a race, last I spoke to him.

Quick Reply: "I'll race your car for slips..."