S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

I was caught racing!

Old 05-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I was caught racing!

I was driving out of walmart at a light right here in Kissimmee FL, and next to me was a mazda 3. As I heard him gun it I did too, thinking it was gonna be an easy 1-2-3 but I heard a turbo spool and he kept up, but with me ahead by ruffly 1/2 car just shifting to second and a stupid neon was in my lane which made me have to brake and the Mazda3, just like every racer in Kissimmee wont wait to go fair they keep going by themselves so they can easily claim a win I was stupid enough to play catch up with this dude with like a 7 car distance and all the way up to 5th gear I turned that distance into 3 1/2 cars going well over 100 mph and my opponent slammed the brakes and I am here thinking "WOW! he gave up because I was catching up, what a loser!" But he actually saw something I didn't being stuck in the emotion and then, low and behold! 2 osceola county sheriffs happend to be coming on the oppisite lanes. and was surprised to see him get pulled over and when I saw my rear view mirrior he wasnt the only one that got caught. THE POLICE THOUGHT I LOST THE RACE ,because they saw me playing catch up, but they don't know that I was catching up not losing. So the cop that attended me happened to be PuertoRican which was cool cause I am puerto rican and we were cool with eachother. So I had to go to where the mazda was and have a meeting with the police. The police were on a good mood that night and thought they can joke with it (hey I am cool with that.) The guy in the Mazda3 was Sh*tting bricks the whole time and was claiming how he doesnt street race and that he has a 9 sec rx7 that he races at the track. He was puerto rican too and that somehow is a PuertoRican thing, too race rotaries (which I am ashamed of.) All in all it was one hell of an experiece and glad not to get a ticket for my exhaust. I am stock pretty much.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:48 PM

lucky bastard lol
Old 05-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Keep your eye on the sparrow, there Baretta.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol.

I had an experience like that once also.

Quick summary: I had a sudden need for a bucket of KFC, came back raced a Corvette and got pulled over for racing. Cops complimented the car and let me off with a warning.

BTW You only get one of these a year so don't go doing 100+ on inside streets anymore.

Be safe out the everyone.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM

Cheers to you...for some reason I dont think I would be as fortunate.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:17 PM

Thanx for letting me know about the once a year thing. I try to behave when I am in Kissimmee ,but when I happen to be in orlando I get tempted by everyone. U think I am clean in O-town too?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by metralogia,May 7 2007, 01:17 PM
Thanx for letting me know about the once a year thing. I try to behave when I am in Kissimmee ,but when I happen to be in orlando I get tempted by everyone. U think I am clean in O-town too?
I was kidding about the once a year thing. Sorry I should have put one of these at the end.

I mean, luckwise, you get out of a sticky situation very rarely so be careful not to get yourself into more situations like this because you might not be as fortunate next time
Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

You had to go to a meeting with the cops?

did this include an alley and BJ's?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,May 7 2007, 03:57 PM
You had to go to a meeting with the cops?

did this include an alley and BJ's?

I think he meant that when he got pulled over for racing, the cops made him drive to the other car has was racing, so they could talk to both of them.

Oh and BJ's and so on.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM

reminds me of when my pal got pulled over racing his S4 with a couple of big Samoan guys in the back. Cop came up to the window, started laughing and said, "what, are you in a hurry to get these bruddahs to McDonalds, or what?"
Then the cop started talking about how his S4 should be really fast but he'd lose to a minivan because of the extra 600 lbs in the back, and he should get serious about weight reduction and make them walk home - his car would be lighter, and they'd lose weight too from the exercise.

Ended up letting him go, after all that.

Quick Reply: I was caught racing!