S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

"I bought my mustang cuz it was faster than your car!"

Old 05-15-2002, 09:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "I bought my mustang cuz it was faster than your car!"

Driving home from errands today, top down, beautiful weather.... I saw a Red Mustang turn down the road ahead of me. I turned the same way, and sped to catch up, as I was in the mood to play a little.

As I get behind the Mustang I notice a woman (probably in her 30's) is driving. Okay. Probably not someone who will play, but I stay behind her anyways. We eventually get to the part where the road splits to two lanes, and I move to the left.

Nice looking stang. Definitely one of the new Mustang GT's. It was really clean and I must admit I thought it looked pretty sharp.

Anyways, I speed by her about 65mph in a 50 zone, and she speeds up a bit to stay near. Stoplight.... To my surprise she starts a short conversation....

Her: Nice car.
Me: Thanks. Yours too. What year?
Her: 2001. My husband was looking at getting one of those.
Me: He was going to get an S2000?
Her: Yeah, but he decided he wanted the mustang instead.
Me: Oh, so he's a mustang kinda guy?
Her: No, he got the mustang cuz it's faster.
Me: The only reason he got it is cuz he thinks it is faster.
Her: No, he got it cuz he KNOWS it is faster.

Okay, timeout. At this time, a number of comebacks, smart remarks, and other such flames are going through my mind. I also imagine a yokel mullet-bearing salesman going "yuk yuk yuk...hehe... sure will beat the tarnish off that there Honda yer lookin at". I think of my reply...

Me: That's funny, I bought this car, cuz I thought this one was faster.
Her: That's ok. You didn't know.

Now I don't know what to say. Light's about to turn.... Green. I roll out quick, jumping the light a bit (guess I got ancy) and I hear her just STOMP the gas. Squeals the tires a bit, and I immediately react by flooring it.

She shoots by me a bit, as I am low in the powerband, but I quickly catch up with VTEC in 1st. I go to 2nd, start pulling just slightly.... haha, I hear her car shift... AUTO. hehe. I pass her just a bit with 2nd, and 3rd gear starts to pull more. I shut down about 80mph, having about 2 or 3 lengths on her. I slow down so she catches up. I look over. Nothing.... She looked constipated....??? oookay. She turns off, and goes her seperate way.

I can't believe someone would look at a pony car, then look at a roadster, and then go.... gimme whichever one is faster...?? Why wouldn't you get an LS1 camaro? Oh wait, that's right. His GT must be faster than those too...
Old 05-15-2002, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you missed one important detail.

WAS SHE HOT???
Old 05-15-2002, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by Da Hapa
I think you missed one important detail.

WAS SHE HOT???
I think that you missed the important detail...MARRIED!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:04 PM

Maybe the Stang was a SVT Cobra. A Cobra would definately be faster than the S2k.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:08 PM

LS1 = Camaro SS?
Old 05-15-2002, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by r6e36
Maybe the Stang was a SVT Cobra. A Cobra would definately be faster than the S2k.

No.4 of the list
Old 05-15-2002, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by bryons2000

I think that you missed the important detail...MARRIED!
SO????
Old 05-15-2002, 11:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. No, not hot. Kinda fugly. Evil red hair. And no it wasn't an SVT cobra. lol.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:46 AM

wisconsin...first of all, when are you NOT in a mood to play???

second...that woman was obviously suckered, by her husband, into buying the mustang. it is a bit cheaper AND parts are much more affordable in comparison....ORRRRRR, both have the "mustangs are the fastest things on the planet" mentality.

i remember my friend, grew up in upstate ny, bought a mustang gt(97). when i asked him why he picked that car (he makes very good money), he gave me this "are you fcking stupid!!!!!" look and said, "you DO realize that this is the most desired sports car on the planet!" alll i could say was, "uhhhhhhh ok...if you say so"
(a bit sad and a bit funny) that same friend raced my other friend's SH prelude( my friend with the mustang is not a good driver whereas the other is very good). the prelude had about 5 cars at the end of 3rd. he thought that the power of the mustang, from what he HEARD, was enough to blow by the prelude without even trying. in the end, my mustang friend was enlightened and concurrently FURIOUS because he WASN'T FAST (f&f joke)
Old 05-16-2002, 04:17 AM

Riding home from work yesterday,my friend got the best of a '94 or '95 GT convertible (bad bad driver...no turn signals, weaving and bobbing and slamming on brakes) in traffic. What were we in? A '95 GOLF FOUR DOOR 2.0

Cocky Mustang guy thought Vee Ait Power could make up for his terrible diving skiils

Quick Reply: "I bought my mustang cuz it was faster than your car!"