S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

here it is.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well, your car IS pretty fast man
How would we know this from a video taken far away of two cars driving past a camera?

i stepped up
How so? If anything you just made the waters even more murky.

You are a master mechanic with a 9 second VW, sure you spend a lot of time at the track, why not take a video there? Surely any master mechanic has access to a dyno ...

doesnt matter either way, my evo will own either one of you...
It will?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Nov 16 2005, 02:33 PM
How would we know this from a video taken far away of two cars driving past a camera?

How so? If anything you just made the waters even more murky.

You are a master mechanic with a 9 second VW, sure you spend a lot of time at the track, why not take a video there? Surely any master mechanic has access to a dyno ...

It will?

steve. im at a loss for words. your just too childish for me to communicate with. i sent a link, i posted a link, with pics and story of my drag car. said it runs 11s, and you still claim 9s. stop please. this just shows how much YOU exaggerate, not me. and just cause im a master tech, doesnt mean every dealer has a dyno. LOL. theres no point. do i honestly have to provide proof of my occupation to make you happy? and far away? what are you watching the vid on, an atari? double click the screen. its nice and clean, and there is zoom. providing you watched it from flix. steve hasnt run his turbo s2k at the track yet either, but he spanked a mid 12 second vette. so i guess he runnin high 13s too?? LOL. jeezus.

later. thanks to all who have been positive.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Nov 16 2005, 02:33 PM

so streetfire.net, and racingflix.com, and the other 100 sites there just to compare cars on video, those are all a waste ay? cant tell whos fast by a vid ay? i guess everyone of them provides timeslips and dynos on the vids?? god.
please may this not turn into a turd tossing fest like every other one of the posts steve sets foot on... *prays*
Old 11-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Nov 16 2005, 03:55 PM
to steve and matt....

cmon guys. grow up. a comparo is a comparo. who cares what the cars Et's were you could see the difference in acceleration. take it or leave it. you asked to see my car, questioned its reality, and me even being real. i provide proof and neither of you even give any props. not even, well, your car IS pretty fast man. it even sounds nice. no just same old lame comments. this makes you guys look pretty bad after all the shit talked. i stepped up and is still not good enough? dave
hey, you're the one that asked for it!! I kept my damn mouth shut and let you have your thread. Then YOU made some smart ass comment and opened the can of worms, then get all pissy once we respond.

I could race a 14.5 second driver, video tape it, and make my car look like it's turbo'd. but it still wouldn't prove anything.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by hackmac87,Nov 16 2005, 04:15 PM

wait a minute. this coming from the guy who posted vid of 4.57 VS stock? claims they will make the car run low 13s then never backs it up, and talks down on daves vid for doing almost the same? i didnt think wis would be negative about this. the majority have even said they liked the vid, and that the car was fast. but you guys come in and dont even say..thats a start, just cmon now.

doesnt matter either way, my evo will own either one of you...
yes, i have credibility amongst many of the members here, both through long standing and through becoming a moderator and a trusted member. for the most part, people will trust that I'm not lying, and things that I claim are neither law defying or unheard of.

and yes, it can make the car do low 13's. an illinois member on this forum did it, and in fact, did it right in front of me. 13.3 with JUST 4.57 gears. nothing else. this shouldn't be a shock, considering the effect it has on the car. have i dont it myself? no. all i have thus far are 13.6's on a 90 degree day at 900 feet elevation and 2.2 60' times.

as for dave's video, there is a difference between my video and dave's. like it or not, most people trust my word on this forum. i already explained that above.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Nov 16 2005, 04:44 PM] so streetfire.net, and racingflix.com,
Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Okay here is how it stands as I see it.. (not that anybody really cares what I think, but that is the beauty of the internet)

Some people believe Dave, including ones who actually know him and have street raced him.

Is there anyone on here who has raced him and thinks that his car is not much faster than a stock S?

Some people will never believe dave until he puts dyno numbers/track times.

Here is the solution

1. Dave go to the track and get vids with the board showing the time
2. Get dynoed
3. Forget about 1 or 2, continue to post nice vids which most less sceptical will believe, and just ignore the nay-sayers/posters

Please do 1 or 2. I believe you, but would like to see 1 or 2.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigfishs,Nov 16 2005, 03:26 PM
Okay here is how it stands as I see it.. (not that anybody really cares what I think, but that is the beauty of the internet)

Some people believe Dave, including ones who actually know him and have street raced him.

Is there anyone on here who has raced him and thinks that his car is not much faster than a stock S?

Some people will never believe dave until he puts dyno numbers/track times.

Here is the solution

1. Dave go to the track and get vids with the board showing the time
2. Get dynoed
3. Forget about 1 or 2, continue to post nice vids which most less sceptical will believe, and just ignore the nay-sayers/posters

Please do 1 or 2. I believe you, but would like to see 1 or 2.
thanks fish's

im workin on all that. one thing at a time, im not omnipotent like steve.

and wis, i never pissed or moaned once. just wanted to see you say something nice.

fishs does have the best point, i have credibilty with those who matter, the people who i see every day, and those who i race on the weekends.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Nov 16 2005, 03:16 PM
his point is this.

You are trying to prove how fast your car is, and you do so by posting video of you racing another S2000.

videos such as that, are completely useless to determine what ET a car is capable of. any video on the internet is like that, all things considered. you see a video of a stock WRX beating an STi. does that mean that WRX is a freak? no, it means there was a poor driver in the STi. stock S2k beats an E46 M3? bad driver in the M3. and so on.

if you want to prove how fast your car is, the only way you're gonna do it to anyone on this forum is with video and timeslips of you at the track.

just like my 4.57 gears. I've seen what others have run with the same mod, and so for those who take my word on that so be it. for those that don't, such as hackmac, so be it. i can't argue. however, once i get video and timeslips showing differently, then obviously anyone on the forum would have a hard time arguing with me on it.
and, i dont care what ET i ran or he, or anyone ran. you can see how much faster i am than a stock one. so when i claim i beat XXX car, you can go, well, i cant see a stock one doing so, but daves hauls. so i can see that happening. or since you are claiming that my friends cant drive then that at least gives me credit, in the claimed race as the solid driver. take it as you will. im doin my best sorry its not good enough for the mighty ap1 pilot late
Old 11-16-2005, 03:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i sent a link, i posted a link, with pics and story of my drag car.
You sent a link of a car. Yours, Santa's -- who knows.

Why do I doubt your stories?

Your claims are outrageous and the only people who seem to back you up are generally from a small group of folks that are also generally ignored as blowhards and ricers.

You claim to have 275hp with 3 mods.

You have a 11 second (or 9 -- whatever) VW -- and yet you don't know a thing about bracket racing. Surely anyone who spent time at the track in their 9 or 11 second VW would know the fundamentals of bracket racing and not claim LS1 cars are 14 second cars because they DIALED IN in the low 14's.

You have had months to get a dyno. You have had months to get a timeslip. You have done none of these. I am probably not alone in figuring this is odd given your 9 or 11 second VW experience would tend to indicate lots of time spent at the 1/4 track and likely some of it on a dyno tuning.

You want congraduations for posting a video on the Internet --- seriously what?

Quick Reply: here it is.