S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

here it is.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150,Nov 21 2005, 11:19 PM
are we supposed to be impressed by a RACE CAR that runs 12.5s?

ouch
LOL.
thats what it ran on its first full pass. look closer bro. cmon now.
and its being done on 96 cubic inches. your beloved vettes take 350 inches to run even close to that.
it has ran quite well since then, broken, and been redone. now its getting a bigger crank, and 10s will be a walk in the park. car was orig built to prove it could be done, drive through 3 states (import power tour) run consistent fast times, and then drive home, all on pump gas. it did so, and was known as the mighty mouse. in the aircooled community, fastest 1600 for 2 years. till someone with more cash stepped up and went 10s on a 1600.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:42 AM

i cant believe i read all 11 pages of this garbage...

first of all, nice vid dave, josh and steve!!!

second, let me start by introducing myself. i am not an s owner. nor do i desire to ever own an s. i have one of the least desirable cars known to american soil. i have a 2001 mr-s. when it was stock, i got it to run a 15.7 here. not good. dave was stock at the same time. he beat me by ohhhh about 10000 car lengths. my car is not know for being fast. well, now things are different, i now have 12psi on board making over 270rwhp and 240rwtq. that said, i beat josh by 2 1/2 car lengths on a roll from 60 to where i hit 130 with dave in the passenger seat. that day i was to race dave, however, i had a family thing i needed to get to.

i have known dave and josh for about 2 years now. i can vouch for their driving abilities, and what their cars can do, and blah, blah, blah, and i rode in steves s just before he finished tuning, and it didnt feel too much faster than daves car, and definitely felt slower than my car, but thats just the butt dyno speaking.

now, back to the point. this is street encounters. can anyone deny this??? i didnt think so. that said, who cares what it puts to the wheels, or what time it runs???? you have a street dyno and timer in your back pocket you want to mail out here for testing purposes??? honestly! no car will run on the street like it does on the track. end of story. so your 4 second rail car will not hook up and make out as well on the street. and your 6 second funny car wont hook up and make out as well either... so who the hell cares?

in the real world of street racing, not the ricer images you know so well from hollywood, there are some who make a living racing. they have trailers to bring their cars out too. and the only way people would believe this happens is if they see it. videos are great for this. if it can validate this, why cant it validate daves video? the few who are very adamant about all this seem to be stuck on dave lieing about everything. i have seen many of the races he posts about here. he does not lie people.

ITS NO JOKE!!! his car is amazingly better than any other ap2 i have ever seen on the streets. i have never seen any other s2000 pull that hard. ever.

on that note, when are you going to have some time for me again dave???

i ran a 13.574 @ 98.54 mph. it bogged in first gear after pullin a 1.8 60ft. second pass, i sheared my axle. no wheel hop, no spin. is that enough quantifiable evidence? ok, how about others on the same boost are running 12.5's at higher elevation on street tires? or the guy that ran a 12.3 on snow tires in new jersey on 7psi... i sure wont be running my fastest on the street, but i sure as hell will be trying!

we can get a camera in my car, and have someone on the side of the road as they suggested, problem is, i dont think the footage in my car will be that great when/if you lose.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turbo_jimbo,Nov 22 2005, 03:42 AM
i cant believe i read all 11 pages of this garbage...

first of all, nice vid dave, josh and steve!!!

second, let me start by introducing myself. i am not an s owner. nor do i desire to ever own an s. i have one of the least desirable cars known to american soil. i have a 2001 mr-s. when it was stock, i got it to run a 15.7 here. not good. dave was stock at the same time. he beat me by ohhhh about 10000 car lengths. my car is not know for being fast. well, now things are different, i now have 12psi on board making over 270rwhp and 240rwtq. that said, i beat josh by 2 1/2 car lengths on a roll from 60 to where i hit 130 with dave in the passenger seat. that day i was to race dave, however, i had a family thing i needed to get to.

i have known dave and josh for about 2 years now. i can vouch for their driving abilities, and what their cars can do, and blah, blah, blah, and i rode in steves s just before he finished tuning, and it didnt feel too much faster than daves car, and definitely felt slower than my car, but thats just the butt dyno speaking.

now, back to the point. this is street encounters. can anyone deny this??? i didnt think so. that said, who cares what it puts to the wheels, or what time it runs???? you have a street dyno and timer in your back pocket you want to mail out here for testing purposes??? honestly! no car will run on the street like it does on the track. end of story. so your 4 second rail car will not hook up and make out as well on the street. and your 6 second funny car wont hook up and make out as well either... so who the hell cares?

in the real world of street racing, not the ricer images you know so well from hollywood, there are some who make a living racing. they have trailers to bring their cars out too. and the only way people would believe this happens is if they see it. videos are great for this. if it can validate this, why cant it validate daves video? the few who are very adamant about all this seem to be stuck on dave lieing about everything. i have seen many of the races he posts about here. he does not lie people.

ITS NO JOKE!!! his car is amazingly better than any other ap2 i have ever seen on the streets. i have never seen any other s2000 pull that hard. ever.

on that note, when are you going to have some time for me again dave???

i ran a 13.574 @ 98.54 mph. it bogged in first gear after pullin a 1.8 60ft. second pass, i sheared my axle. no wheel hop, no spin. is that enough quantifiable evidence? ok, how about others on the same boost are running 12.5's at higher elevation on street tires? or the guy that ran a 12.3 on snow tires in new jersey on 7psi... i sure wont be running my fastest on the street, but i sure as hell will be trying!

we can get a camera in my car, and have someone on the side of the road as they suggested, problem is, i dont think the footage in my car will be that great when/if you lose.
U are teh Gh3y!!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150,Nov 21 2005, 07:21 PM
the z06 he is talking about had a 422 + a 150 shot

about 690rwhp
You know Bill? Small world. Yeah he was in the car club I was in back in Hawaii. At a couple BBQs I could have sworn he told me he was pushing around 750hp on his vette. Never the less 690hp is crazy IMO.. I even have some pictures at the house with my S2000 next to his ZO6 at a show back in 2001. Wow, how time flies. Yeah I had heard from Dave he bought a Viper and I was like ohh know here we go with crazy power..
Old 11-22-2005, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I'm going to jump and say TAKE IT TO TRACK you morons. Jeebus, your racing on public street and taking video! And in a real fit of genius you all stand in front of the camera like its no big deal. You know they busted a guy doing similar crap in his ferrari and used the video as evidence... 2 years after the fact when some cop came across the video by accident.

Holy low IQ batman.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:03 PM

blah blah blah...daves fast deal with it.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=JsAP1,Nov 22 2005, 09:24 AM] You know Bill?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=kumar75150,Nov 23 2005, 01:23 AM] Everyone knows Bill kind of in the car community! I dont really know him personally.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:40 AM

This thread kind of reminds me of an energizer commercial...

"still going"
Old 11-23-2005, 08:51 AM

Quick Reply: here it is.