S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Hello, Mr. Bond.

Old 11-16-2001, 12:34 PM
SaV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my way home from school on the freeway, look who I see in my Broadway mirror . . .a rare silver Z8 (time to play ). Once he cruised up to my bumper, I dropped two gears and was in 3rd going 80+. Once he seen me punch it, he proceeded to suck the paint right off my bumper because he just walked me (and I was in 4th at around 8k RPM). He then gave me the thumbs up sign which I gladly returned. We both went the same way and ended up in Frisco. At a light, he pulled up right next to me and I spurted out, "How you doing, Mr. Bond?" He laughed and said he loves the S. He said that it is one of his favorite cars and that it sounded beautiful when I was redlining (of course I have an HKS exhaust). He also liked my color combo (Silver/Red, same as his). He says every S he encounters NEVER uses the full-RPM range. I said not me and tached it out for him. To conclude, we tried to do a rolling start on the street and I just got spanked. Damn, that V8 is nice....I heard him chirp 2nd and 3rd with ease. Makes me want a supercharger more and more (but not more than a 360 Modena). Latez!
Old 11-16-2001, 01:04 PM

A guy here at work traded his Spa Yellow S2000 for a Silver/Red Z8 a couple months ago. Three of the guys he works with have M5s. There are two more here (Z8s) at work, too, another silver/red and a black/red. Sweet cars.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by S2SaV
On my way home from school on the freeway, look who I see in my Broadway mirror . . .a rare silver Z8 (time to play ). Once he cruised up to my bumper, I dropped two gears and was in 3rd going 80+. Once he seen me punch it, he proceeded to suck the paint right off my bumper because he just walked me (and I was in 4th at around 8k RPM). He then gave me the thumbs up sign which I gladly returned. We both went the same way and ended up in Frisco. At a light, he pulled up right next to me and I spurted out, "How you doing, Mr. Bond?" He laughed and said he loves the S. He said that it is one of his favorite cars and that it sounded beautiful when I was redlining (of course I have an HKS exhaust). He also liked my color combo (Silver/Red, same as his). He says every S he encounters NEVER uses the full-RPM range. I said not me and tached it out for him. To conclude, we tried to do a rolling start on the street and I just got spanked. Damn, that V8 is nice....I heard him chirp 2nd and 3rd with ease. Makes me want a supercharger more and more (but not more than a 360 Modena). Latez!
super? I think I'd go for a Turbo if I were you if you want to race a Z8
Old 11-16-2001, 01:47 PM

There are 2 silver z8's in town. I cringe everytime I see them. They are so ugly. What a waste of money.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RodneyK
[B]A guy here at work traded his Spa Yellow S2000 for a Silver/Red Z8 a couple months ago.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by shamma1977

Damn!!, sounds like a nice place to work, got any opennings?!
NO kidding!!! Back when they came out they were going for $300K with the markup. A guy on our forum just got one for 132K. Jeez, nice cars.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RodneyK
[B]A guy here at work traded his Spa Yellow S2000 for a Silver/Red Z8 a couple months ago.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:23 AM

Rodney works for Micron, so think about it
Old 11-19-2001, 05:20 AM

ah the z8....definately a nice car....wouldn't spend that kind of money on it though....would rather a 911 turbo
Old 11-19-2001, 06:24 PM

you mean mr. x-bond, they are going back to their roots, its ASTON MARTIN TIME!!!

Quick Reply: Hello, Mr. Bond.