S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Happens to YOU? Don't drive the S2k and everyone else is driving nice cars!

Old 08-31-2001, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank God I'm not alone!
Old 08-31-2001, 08:30 PM

Same here in Sydney ... Whenever I drive my Accord, I see alot of nice cars around or those who can potentially be a good run with the S2000. And when I drive the beast, there are no preys. Damn! What the heck, and the weather is another crazy thing. I don't even want to start, today's weather is damn ugly for a weekend on my type of agenda.

Old 09-04-2001, 06:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL! Yes, this happens to me too. I don't have an S2K (yet), but when I leave my NSX at home, THAT is when I see others on the road. And I usually NEVER see another NSX around here since I drive mine all the time.

An example is last week when I was hanging out with some friends (one of whom has a '01 S2K that he was driving) at a nearby Arby's. We are sitting there at night and Kris (with the S2K) say's, "HEY! A red NSX!". Sure enough, there was one just putting by. Damn, I wish I had my car. It happens to us all.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

HAHA...happens to me too. Since I drive my 4 runner to work everyday, it sure is tough battling through traffic with the ho-hum of regular vehicles. But it never fails, I always see Boxsters, TTs and Z3s cruising top down whenever I don't have my S.
Always makes me go "DOH!"

Asif
Old 09-04-2001, 12:47 PM

Same here. . .

Prime example. . . This past Labor Day weekend, I drove my S almost everywhere I went. . . And except for 1 corvette, I saw nothing but POSs and sedans on the road. . .

However, the 2 times I took the Prelude out. . . I drove past 2 S2Ks on Route 4 (one yellow and one red), a black Lotus Esprit on River Road in Edgewater, several Boxsters and a couple of Z3s thorughout Bergen county. . .

I guess timing IS everything. . .
Old 09-04-2001, 01:00 PM

now that mine is in the shop i've seen 4 s2k's on my way to work...when i had the s2k i never saw a one.
Old 09-04-2001, 02:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ICEMAN666
Same here. . .

Prime example. . . This past Labor Day weekend, I drove my S almost everywhere I went. . . And except for 1 corvette, I saw nothing but POSs and sedans on the road. . .

However, the 2 times I took the Prelude out. . . I drove past 2 S2Ks on Route 4 (one yellow and one red), a black Lotus Esprit on River Road in Edgewater, several Boxsters and a couple of Z3s thorughout Bergen county. . .

I guess timing IS everything. . .
WOW! My family lives in Edgewater, NJ. . .can't believe your are so close there!

My cousin came down on vacation this past summer and fell in love with my S2000. . .to make matters worse, we went and watched "The Fast and the Furious" (I drove my Accord Coupe - definately not the S2000. . .haha! )

The next day he bought a used Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo from Wilmington and is getting it ready. . .I'm sure you know what I mean! So, if you ever see a dark green RX-7, you'll now know the he's related to an S2000 owner!
Old 09-04-2001, 04:44 PM

Airgate,

Are those driving lights in the fake brake air ducts? Nice!!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:56 PM

I see the nice cars when I'm driving my S2000, but there just going the opposite direction on the highway. When I pull a U-Turn they simply appear on the other side. Not fair...
Old 09-05-2001, 10:57 PM

i also notice an abundance of hot girls on the road when i'm like driving my parents SUV.. like a girl next to me in a black ITR.. which would be a total opening for conv. if i were in the s2k

Quick Reply: Happens to YOU? Don't drive the S2k and everyone else is driving nice cars!