S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Good night at the races (warning: somewhat long)

Old 01-15-2002, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kwando: Yea, they're on Sunday, but now they're also on Wednesday. The yellow S2000 owner is out on Sunday's usually. I've only seen him out once with the S2k. The other times he had either his M3 or his sisters(?) all motor integra. If you want to come out Wednesday or Sunday the Celica will quite possibly be there. Just give me a call, and I now have a local # for my cell...720-339-5865 or you can try my old one which I gave to my wife. By the way, my wife has ticket #1 and possibly Tobi has #2 if he helps me install it, but you can have #3 if you like. Maybe I should start selling these tickets so I can have some money to bet with.

Oldster: No I didn't get to look under the hood. Reason I say it had a turbo was because it looked like he had an intercooler (i know they sell fake ones, but why would he get a fake one? his car is pretty nice), and he gave the CRX that beat me a pretty good run. Next time I see him, I'll find out for sure.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:24 AM

That is his sisters integra. I don't think it's really that fast, is it?

Expect a call this sunday.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:53 AM

I saw him race once but don't really remember the race. It seemed pretty quick, I think it won. He wanted to run me but the cops where on their way so I didn't get a chance to. His M3 beat my friends turbo GS-R, but the GS-R is in surgery right now and next week he'll be pushing 16psi, heh heh. Have you heard of Speed Injection? If not you probably know of the Galant VR-4??
Old 01-15-2002, 10:32 AM

There are a few of those older Galant VR4's in town. I have seen a black and a white one that have upgraded turbos!

Sounds like you had a good time. Does someone have a police scanner?
Old 01-15-2002, 10:36 AM

The white one supposedly runs mid-low 13's. Not bad for this altitude. Yeah, the guy with the white Galant VR-4 has one. I'v only been to one night where we actually had to run because the cops showed up. Usually we're gone before they even get close.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:44 AM

Shoot I just remembered...I work Sunday night and next Wednesday night. But not this Wednesday. I'm working nights until next month, then I will be able to go whenever I want to. Working nights sucks sometimes.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oldster
[B]Milo, did you happen to get a chance and look under the GT-S hood to confirm it was a turbo.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:01 AM

Well, I went back out after somewhat tuning my VAFC. I didn't take it to get dyno'd anywhere. I went to a deserted road and did a bunch of third gear pulls keeping an eye on my A/F ratio gauge. (I have the Autometer one) I tuned it so that instead of 2-3 bars of green show when at full throttle, only one bar shows at full throttle. I'm not sure of how far I can go with the settings and don't really want to risk anything. It's a noticeable difference. I raced that CRX again, but this time we launched at the same time (no early jumps) and I slowly pulled on him. I also raced the S2000 with straight exhaust that I lost to before by about 3/4-1 car. He now has a Tanabe exhaust (he thinks his car is slower due to losing too much backpressure?). I raced that S2000 twice and won by 1+ cars each time. The first race his friend raced and I think he missed third. The second race, the owner drove and it was closer but I still had about a length +, I think. Does anyone know how far into Stoiciometric(sp?) I can go before it gets too lean?
Old 01-17-2002, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by integrate

My friend raced a turbo gt-s here in So cal, he told me he beat him, but the celica probably couldn't hook up his tires.
Basically the same question, did he see the turbo, who did the install?
Old 01-17-2002, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by oldster

Basically the same question, did he see the turbo, who did the install?
yea, I believe he saw the turbo. People always check each other's car under the hood.

Quick Reply: Good night at the races (warning: somewhat long)