S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Good night at the races (warning: somewhat long)

Old 01-13-2002, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good night at the races (warning: somewhat long)

I'm fricking pissed because I typed this long post and the site screwed up somehow and it all got lost! I'm typing it again but it won't be as good.

Race 1:
Well I was bored because nobody was wanting to race me so I drove around to a bunch of different spots hoping that someone would see me and want to race "the S2000". Finally some guy with a V6 (only say that because he had dual exhaust) Accord wants to race...SURE! We go down to the starting line and line up, and I rev to 8k because at the last place we were at the road was hella sticky. The starter drops his hands and I sit there and spin. The Accord gets a jump on me but by the time I catch traction and end first we're dead even. Shift into second and I start to pull, then into third and I can see him in my rearview (3-4 lengths?) so I shut it down.

Race 2:
I go back to the same spot and no sooner do I park than a guy comes up and asks if I want to race his SI w/ 65 shot. I say ok. I know I'll beat him but I want to see anyway. So we line up and I rev to 7K this time and get a good launch. I have about a car on him at the start, shift into second and I can see him in my side mirror. I keep going because I don't know if he's on the gas yet but I keep pulling all the way through third. Race over. (he wanted to race me again, i think because he "spun too much"...same story only he lost by worse)

Race 3:
Go back to my spot and someone asks me if I want to run a CRX. I had seen that CRX earlier and it hauls, but I say ok, why not? We line up the started raises his hands and the CRX takes off when he STARTS his hands down. Right off the bat he has about a car on me. All the way through first, not gaining any. Through second, same story. When I shift into third I get about a quarter car back but that is all. Shift into fourth and we aren't gaining or losing ground at 110(not sure about mph) so I shut it down. Good Race.

Race 4:
A guy with an SS comes up to me and wants to race. Now I know I'm going to lose but I say sure anyway because he said that no one will race him. We line up, starter drops his hands and I get one of the best launches I've ever had. All the way through second we were dead even (don't know how bad he was spinning, if at all). Shift into third and he starts to pull but not as hard as I thought he was. Now into fourth and I'm losing ground so I stop. He had about 2-3 cars at that point.

There was also a turbo Celica GT-S (new style) that wanted to race me. I'd seen him racing the CRX earlier and the CRX beat him by about the same he beat me. It would have been a good race but everyone took off. I'll get him next time.

This was no Wesmaster post but I hope it was somewhat entertaining.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good job man!

There are a lot of scary CRXs around. I wish the S2000 was just a little bit faster in a straight line, in comparison with the WS6 and SS. I know I have a sweet car and everything but I hate losing to those cars.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:09 AM

Milo, imagine yourself with 50 shot of nos or a comtech SC... sweet thought isnt it..
once you get one of the above, then go out again.. and you will beat everything on your list.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:19 AM

How about option C=Turbo! Getting it in a couple months!
Old 01-14-2002, 12:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Milo
[B]How about option C=Turbo!
Old 01-14-2002, 12:42 AM

Got this idea from FULLTHROTTLE: maybe a 50 shot to get rolling and help spool the turbo. I'm also getting a Spearco water injection kit.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Milo
[B]Got this idea from FULLTHROTTLE:
Old 01-14-2002, 01:59 AM

I'm chomping at the bit
Old 01-14-2002, 06:15 AM

I admire your willingness to race because it's fun, not because you think you'll win.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:26 AM

Thanks Wes! I like to see where my car and myself as a driver stand on the food chain. I hardly ever turn down a race. Shoot, yesterday coming home from dropping my wife off from work I was stopped at a stoplight and a stock civic pulls up next to me. The driver looked over, grinned and revved at me. Now I know a lot of the drivers on this board would just ignore him and continue on with thier business, but I don't care. I know I'll annihilate him but I know he just wants to see me go. So I roll off the line slow and take him through a quick one-two, just to show him the car. I get quite a few of these people but I love to drive the car so much I indulge them with a quick burst of speed.

Quick Reply: Good night at the races (warning: somewhat long)